gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:55:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  Advertisement
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Advertisement  (Read 2207 times)

Offline ZeroX42

• Forum Member
  • I spy a spy
Advertisement
« on: May 25, 2012, 05:06:34 pm »
When frontcode closed down and we all teamed up to rebuild the network, we had 2 very serious roles to play.

We had to become the front-line of defending the network, and keeping it going.
We also had to become the source of advertising, to encourage growth..

I know there's people working on this, cept I'm here to say I've been all over the internet and back.
It's not working, people aren't hearing about WinMX.. Most of these people are now paying for downloads.. WILLINGLY.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend like this is a big huge deal.. it's not.. however, if this community is going to attract new users, it needs to reach out for them, and not just sit on it's thumbs..

I'll probably get nowhere by posting this, but if I didn't say something, who would? so .. I've said it.. now, I'm going back to chat :D bye!
I'll do it tomorrow, and then, tomorrow never comes.

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Advertisement
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:16 pm »
With the current state of the network I really don't think its a good ideal trying to bring new users to the network. 1st impressions mean everything, and those that have never used WiinMx before might get the impression that WinMx is a horrible P2P client, and has always been a horrible P2P client. When in fact we know that is not the case. So those we do bring to the network now would only likely be here for a short stay, and may never return to the network again. I think its best to hold onto what users we have, and keep everyone updated on progress. Then when we have completed a client ready for release we can start a massive effort to bring as many users as possible back to the network.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:02:56 pm »
Achilles in spot on with his logic, theres little point shouting from the rooftops about WinMX until we are in the correct postion to deal the attacker a death blow, that day wont be too far off but its not now.

At the current state of play we are still some 2-3 months off from a public release and even that will no doubt require much initial tweaking to keep all the folks happy and safe, thats the bad news, the good news is the bulk of the work has been completed and as each day passes further fixes, features and new code is delivered, time is whats still needed and some of you will see the new client before its actually released as some already have as such exposure reassures the community the client is real as well as delivering critical data on bugs, flaws and improvement ideas, publicity ideas for when we are ready to roll are always welcome though and its very pleasing that folks are still showing they care about the networks health and the community at large.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »
you don't have an open house inspection while you're still putting the carpets in and ripping the bathroom out

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:40:14 am »
I didn't know we were that close.  Very cool.  I'm looking forward to this!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  Advertisement

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx