gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 02:42:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Australian Pirate Party Sets Course for Parliament
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Australian Pirate Party Sets Course for Parliament  (Read 593 times)

Australian Pirate Party Sets Course for Parliament
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:23:24 pm »
The Pirate Party’s swift global expansion since those heady days of 2006 has finally come to Australia’s capital, a tiny city-state unimaginatively titled the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). The city itself is named Canberra, taken from the local people’s language, which means simply, “meeting place.”

Canberra represents a rare opportunity for the Australian wing of the Pirate Party – no other electorate contains such a unique set of factors that, when combined, deliver the party a genuine shot at gaining its first parliamentary representation in Australia.

Victory is by no means certain. The party faces many challenges, such as finding the right candidates and overcoming internal growth pains. Yet Canberra’s use of a proportional voting system combined with a progressive leaning population makes it fertile grounds for the new movement.

http://torrentfreak.com/australian-pirate-party-sets-course-for-parliament-120610/

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: Australian Pirate Party Sets Course for Parliament
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:28 am »
The entire thing seems a bit silly to me.  If in fact I was on the line to my web peeps that much, dealing with keeping web code up to snuff for IE7, I'd just nix it.  I'd love to see his reports though.  ...then again, I like numbers.  .02

'eh.....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Australian Pirate Party Sets Course for Parliament

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx