gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:29:43 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RuPaul Trolls Pirates With Fake Album Leak on The Pirate Bay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RuPaul Trolls Pirates With Fake Album Leak on The Pirate Bay  (Read 1009 times)

RuPaul Trolls Pirates With Fake Album Leak on The Pirate Bay
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:55 am »
http://torrentfreak.com/rupaul-trolls-pirates-uploading-fake-album-leak-pirate-bay-140305/

Last week RuPaul, known for his reality TV competition “Drag Race,” leaked several copies of his/her album “Born Naked” on The Pirate Bay.

Unlike other leaks, however, this copy wasn’t exactly what most pirates were looking for.

At first sight the album appears to be full length, and even the start of all tracks seem legit. However, those who continue to listen are in for a surprise.

After the first minute or so the music becomes muffled, just as RuPaul breaks in with a message for the downloader.

“Girl, you done stole my album. Uh Uh, you better don’t hookah, you better get your tail on over to iTunes baby, because I want to get some of that,” is how the first track “Freaky Money” goes after a 30 second intro.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: RuPaul Trolls Pirates With Fake Album Leak on The Pirate Bay
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:00 am »
I find such antics merely enrage most downloaders who then make a bigger effort to obtain and share the item in question, as for purchasing anything from itlunes I think anyone who purchases a downoad instead of a physical peice of plastic that they then own is being ripped off anyway.

Expect a remix of his message, thats the sort of think that happens on the internet  :yes:

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:06:34 pm »
I think itunes is a valid license model, the problem being that it's not very clear at the outset what the model is.
Remembering the case of (iirc) bruce willis wanted to leave his itunes library to his daughters, but couldn't legally do so.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »
rupaul is being relevant, in any way, outside the 1980s is a surprise to me

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:56 pm »
Licence ???

A licence would allow folks to download the media they purchased if it got damaged, its certainly not a licence, a partial licence perhaps, one should remember the two sides of this coin, you buy it and you own it ... NO says the cartels your just buying the plastic, you don't own the music on the plastic.

Their other side of the coin is to say the music is not owned but licenced, they say the same about movies and games but go ask them to replace a scratched disk and they change their tune very quickly, you cant do that they say which is strange as you have already paid them the "licence" and thus your entitled to a cheaper copy as you should never need to pay a "licence" for the same material twice, I personally would prefer it if the recording industry became redundant and died out and artists marketed themselves direct to the public with the actual merchandise shipping straight from a pressing plant, paying some fat middle man to sit on his ..mattress snorting cocaine is certainly not what the copyright law should ever be about.   

I support artists but most certainly have no time for fat lazy people who sponge off those who create and pay for holidays for lawmakers and the influencial.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:55:48 pm »
interesting take on the scratched disc.

ive not ever used itunes, if your  files become corrupt, can you re-download the tunes for free?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:52 pm »
I'm told you can but with Apple drm embedded in the tracks I wouldnt want my machine polluted  :evil:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RuPaul Trolls Pirates With Fake Album Leak on The Pirate Bay

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx