gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:10:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  An idea for the next update for WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An idea for the next update for WCS  (Read 6790 times)

Karet

An idea for the next update for WCS
« on: June 06, 2005, 04:10:11 pm »
Just an idea....

On FXServ, one has the ability to CONTROL the room without being IN the room (kicking ability, access level setting, chat, etc.)

I definetly prefer WCS over any other but would be estatic to see this as a new feature in an upcoming update!

(I think Ouka has this feature as well)

But like I said just and idea for the KM :D

Let me know what you think

KM

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 04:21:29 pm »
to be completely honest, i have hidden away from doing that on purpose - lol

the biggest issue in terms of stability with MCS was the fact that the user interface was trying to interact with everything else (95% of crashes were to do with the interface) so i've been too affraid to do much with WCS there, it just has the 1 way link from WCS to the interface, without any communication back

I could get it able to kick/ban/etc from the interface, but i'm too affraid of huge bugs, lol

Karet

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:44:02 pm »
Maybe a beta then?

Doesn't need to talk, just the basic control options.  Maybe something to play with?

:D

Vahnyyz

just an idea
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 05:02:11 pm »
well as far as suggestions go, I was wondering if you could have something that would allow all ppl that go in to the room, have the ability to change their message, so if its <username> #c1#<message> unless they manually change it by putting in <username> #c?#<message> as w/e number for the ?, if you could put it so it stays at the number they want, kinda like /setcolour or something like that. Also if you could make it so that there are more textformats other then 1-9, or the regular ppl that just come into the room, that way if I have more then 9 admins and they all want a "pretty tag" then it would make it easier for me to just set each one at their preference.

Karet

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 12:59:16 pm »
YES!
That is a definete need :D  9 textformats And i hear LOTS of people complaining about it, including some of my own admins who just can't have one  :(

KM if you could up the the number of textformats, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!   :D

thanks

Galactic Overlord

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 11:11:57 pm »
FLOOD KICK!!!!

We need a flood kick!
Say post 5 times in a 30 second window and get the "boot"...

The scripts for the bots have been lacking stablity enough for long term use.

£ºgî¢

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:04:31 am »
:oops: um the ability to link rooms would also be nice! duel; hosting would be good for big rooms also...

Galactic Overlord

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 05:20:12 am »
Also would like to have a /kickIP command....example say someone had multi-connections in room and was spamming ...you could kick their IP# and get all connections from that IP at once....

NewB

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 07:49:13 pm »
sorry for this repeat:
15:28:08 > /help
15:28:08 Avalible Commands:  ***

*Available* Commands:?

And while we are on the topic of available commands.. would it be hard to add a command for the offline/online config setting?

The idea being that a backup room could be kept running offline [to help prevent users joining the backup channel when the main room is up], but if it was needed to become active [and advertised] then an admin [with +r?] could do /online or /offline as needed.

As is now, only the host can do it since the config has to be edited, saved and reloaded. [ for  Offline=0 / 1 ]

NewB

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 02:33:52 am »
----- brainfart alert -----

Add password wildcard option for 'blocked words'

BLOCK=%passwords  ?

If a line contains any registered password, block the line.

as is now login can be blocked..
 but of the user makes a typo like : /loogin  <pass> or /logon <pass> the  line could be blocked only if it exposed a current password.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 02:47:19 am »
Hmm I like the sound of that too NewB.

I have had a few near misses like that where the password was nearly compromised, this is a great idea  :)

NewB

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 03:23:53 am »
it might need 2 options.. check all lines or check command lines only.

checking all lines would add load to cpu.. but i am not sure if it would be significant, even in a busy channel.

one thing i just thought of is when the leading / is omitted.. it would not then be seen as a command:

"login <pass>"
"logon <pass>"

so, maybe:

Blockpasswords 0/1/2

0=off
1=command lines only
2= all commands and messages

?

KM

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 11:54:11 am »
a good idea in practice, until someone in the room types that rarely used word that you're using for a password and rather than letting them do it they instead get a nice notice informing them that they just guessed your password :-)

password leaks are a bit of a problem, and the problem with what to let other admins see etc is a difficult one, the main problem is trying to get the ballance of blocking too much so admins cant see anything and not blocking enough so admins see too much...

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 02:31:11 am »
Quote from: KM
a good idea in practice, until someone in the room types that rarely used word that you're using for a password and rather than letting them do it they instead get a nice notice informing them that they just guessed your password :-)

yep.. i thought of that. too  but that shouldn't happen if it is a medium level and up pass, containing a mix of upper and lower case letter, number and other characters as allowed.

also, you can omit the ***blocked*** message alert. -- just ignore it.  that is still an indicator, but no so concusive.

if its an option, then the host can decide.  but if it is too complicated to implement, then maybe effort is best applied on more important fixes and features

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  An idea for the next update for WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx