gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:02:51 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  PG2 going nuts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PG2 going nuts  (Read 2960 times)

Sacred Cow

PG2 going nuts
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:43:15 am »
Peerguardian has been going nuts lately with blocked connections (averaging about 1 every 2-3 seconds) as soon as I start WinMX on a primary connection without shared files, downloading anything, or even searching.  Has this been happening to anyone else?

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:19:15 am »
Sounds pretty normal to me....

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:27:20 am »
1 every 1-2 seconds?  That's nothing, believe me!
It's quite normal and sometimes you can see dozens of attempts per second!
But now you know why it is so important to protect yourself and the network like this :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Anonymous

PG2 going nuts
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 01:10:01 pm »
I see around 40,000 attempts in a 24 hour period here, or about one every 2 seconds (this is using only the wmw blocklist).

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 03:36:04 pm »
This shows how accurate the blocklist is but its still not enough untill we get more users blocking these Macrovision parasites.

As long as users are unprotected the network can be flooded, dll users are already safe from flooding the network but until host file users join us in doing so, the network will continue to face attacks.

If you are a host file user please make sure you have the Peer Guardian2 program and our blocklist installed and do your bit in keeping the network immunised against the recording industries illegal attacks.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 01:37:20 am »
Let me start by saying I am using PG2. Many thnx to the creators of that. I want to add that I read a post in another forum by an attorney who said that to attempt to prosecute or take action against the RIAA over their DOS attacks on the network would be frowned upon by almost any judge by using the example that while in the process of performing an illegal action himself Robinhood could not prosecute the sherrif of Knotingham for shooting him in the back while he was stealing from the rich to give to the poor. In other words you won't be allowed to punish someone for taking illegal actions against you while you're in the process of an illegal action yourself.  :shock:  :?
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 04:04:16 am »
And what of users who don't share files?  Chat is legal.. & many users share copyright free files, or ones where the copyright permits sharing, they're doing nothing remotely illegal & are still subject to DOS attacks..

Many room hosts could log such attacks, is hosting a chat illegal? many of them don't share or download (room tends to lag)....
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 05:23:40 am »
Quote from: Bearded Blunder
And what of users who don't share files?  Chat is legal.. & many users share copyright free files, or ones where the copyright permits sharing, they're doing nothing remotely illegal & are still subject to DOS attacks..

Many room hosts could log such attacks, is hosting a chat illegal? many of them don't share or download (room tends to lag)....

All I can say to that is that I do agree with you completely, and as far as I can tell those people would have a leg to stand on. Although it would be shakey ground as to where to make their stand. Personally I think even RIAA and movie companies should be held to the same standards of the law as I would. I think your stance would have to be to find some of these individual groups or persons responcible for individual attacks with proof and documentation of times attacks and other such info linking and relating the individual IP to those specific attacks. Unfortunately it would be an ultra-expencive and time consuming task to take on and achieve successfully and the RIAA relies on that fact alone. I'm sure that is the only reason they would actually partake in their own illegal DOS attacks.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 11:19:56 am »
I have to agree that judes would probably WANT to discount this activity, however, WinMx is NOT illegal.  I can think of tons of analogies that would start all sorts of heated discussions and I think I will avoid those.

Saying a DOS attack should be allowed in case the victim is also doing something illegal is not on with me.  Oh hell I cant help myself..

Is rape legal if the victim is underage and drinking when the attack occurs.  
No its not.  Is it illegal if the victim is in a bar where drinking underage could have occurred but didnt? No again.

Its also an expense issue as mentioned.  The costs for persuing a case against them for these attacks would be considerable and would have to be carried out in their home court, the USA.   :?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 11:43:59 am »
Quote from: Me Here
I have to agree that judes would probably WANT to discount this activity, however, WinMx is NOT illegal.  I can think of tons of analogies that would start all sorts of heated discussions and I think I will avoid those.

Saying a DOS attack should be allowed in case the victim is also doing something illegal is not on with me.  Oh hell I cant help myself..

Is rape legal if the victim is underage and drinking when the attack occurs.  
No its not.  Is it illegal if the victim is in a bar where drinking underage could have occurred but didnt? No again.

Its also an expense issue as mentioned.  The costs for persuing a case against them for these attacks would be considerable and would have to be carried out in their home court, the USA.   :?

That's a bit of an extreme example but a good one. The courts would allow that case because the courts are sympathetic to women in cases such as those here, whereas file traders, be it uncopywritten material or not have been shown in the news here to be "Mr./Mrs. Evil" in the american peoples eyes. So in the case of MX, legal or not we are the rapist and the music industry has been portrayed as the underage drunken victim.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:48:42 am »
That may be true to an extent, problem being the American peoples eyes and judges eyes are a bit different.  I think a look at the troubles the RIAA have when taken to court by folks that dont agree to the extortion aka Fines proves that the courts are not as sympathetic as the RIAA would like, thus why they are paying millions of dollars to US congress yearly to lobby new laws and constitutional rights to be removed..  :?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
PG2 going nuts
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 12:03:05 pm »
I hope users will join with me in re shaping this "purchased reality" offered by a few corrupt politicians.

The fact of the matter is simple, the laws set up to protect the interests of creative persons have been abused and stretched to breaking point , big money is often able to delay doing what they agreed to when seeking legal protection.
Copyright is something that does not last forever, the corporations do their best to prevent you knowng this of course.

An underhand law change stole the publics right to use (or abuse ) the Walt Disney images created by the famous company, asking file sharers to do the decent thing while robbing artists and the public at large is hypocritical, this is just one of many famous cases where greed has triumphed over the publics right to artistic matter that has ceased to be protected in law.

Let them call us all the names they want, I for one know who the real theives are.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  PG2 going nuts

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx