gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:25:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Unsure...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Unsure...  (Read 3123 times)

Offline ForeverLost

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Unsure...
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:13:22 pm »
I have not installed or used MX for several years, and was so very happy to see it was still available for download and installation....the only problem is that when I completed the install, and opened the program, it will connect quickly as either Primary or Secondary connection, but will list only about 8 rooms in the Chat list, and only on Secondary connection; also when Search is used, it takes forever to find anything, and when it does find files, it does not list anything close to what I am searching for, most of what it shows is garbled stuff that I cannot even begin to tell what the file is supposed to be called. 

I used MX for several years back in the late 90's and early 2000's, and never had problems. Did I install the wrong patch (community patch that came with the installer), or am I expecting things to be like they were back in good old days?

Please, someone try to answer this post as soon as possible, so I know whether to keep the install, or just wipe it all out for good.

Offline ForeverLost

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Confused, completely...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 07:17:44 pm »
I have not installed or used MX for several years, and was so very happy to see it was still available for download and installation....the only problem is that when I completed the install, and opened the program, it will connect quickly as either Primary or Secondary connection, but will list only about 8 rooms in the Chat list, and only on Secondary connection; also when Search is used, it takes forever to find anything, and when it does find files, it does not list anything close to what I am searching for, most of what it shows is garbled stuff that I cannot even begin to tell what the file is supposed to be called. 

I used MX for several years back in the late 90's and early 2000's, and never had problems. Did I install the wrong patch (community patch that came with the installer), or am I expecting things to be like they were back in good old days?

Please, someone try to answer this post as soon as possible, so I know whether to keep the install, or just wipe it all out for good.

Offline TOAD

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: Confused, completely...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »
Winmx is under attack from some idiot and has been for years.

They are trying to make a new client but have not got as far as alpha stage yet.

At the going rate it should be released around 3010, if you're lucky  :lol:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Unsure...
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 09:18:26 am »
Hi ForeverLost, winmx has been under attack for quite awhile now. The attacks mostly affect the search and channel listing. You can read about it here...
http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0.html

Opennap is not affected by these same attacks, you might like to give it a try.... to refresh your memory about opennap, have a read at the link below....
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

You can also download this file http://www.gotnap.com/servers.wsx and use the import button and find the file in the location you saved it to

welcome back to winmx  :)

Offline ForeverLost

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: Unsure...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 01:18:52 pm »

Thank you for the response.  I remember the attacks from when I used it before, also remember there was always a good response to the attacks. I will give a look to the links you provided to see if it helps. I certainly hope things can be reconfigured in such a way that this awesome program can do what it was originally designed to do. My father, badadi2d,  was so very committed to WinMX back when he was alive, he spent almost all of his last days, weeks, and months signed on to  MX. I got to know many of the people from all parts of the world he was acquainted with in one of the rooms...I think the room was called Movie Realm.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Unsure...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx