gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 04:44:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth  (Read 9101 times)

Anonymous

Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 02:24:08 am »
Hey, an error by a block_list maintainer "messing it up" is one way to look at it, or another, a bug with the DLL not being able to handle Unix-style vs Windows CR/LF newline differences could be another?

Either way, it is/was a bug that has come to light now, right?  That was a pretty low thing to say, KM, to quickly fire-off 'blame' on someone else who happened to bring an issue to light.  These things tend to happen when new softwares are being tested don't they?

Or maybe I'm completely off-track here with regards the cause of the problem(s) that were experienced...

KM

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2006, 03:23:59 am »
actually i don't know why the block list was a problem (no, it's nothing to do with line endings, which is is more than able to handle) - but changing the block list fixed it, and erm, changing the block list back to the exact same file, well actually that seemed to keep it fixed... which is why i don't know what fixed it, lol

and in case you didn't realise (i guess not) i was being sarcastic about being able to pass the blame... everyone knows things i make never have bugs in them :-)

wavoka

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2006, 04:22:50 am »
Thank you, KM. It's working like old times.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2006, 09:50:58 am »
Cool KM, it's a mystery for sure but looks like things are good again now. :)

Cali-man Auto Trade

to KM
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2006, 10:50:50 pm »
My post has been edited by Me Here, because I am being abusive to the moderators and am too busy doing that to realize that the IP address in KMs signature is a script that shows my IP to ONLY me!!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2006, 11:35:33 pm »
Cali Man,,
Consider yourself warned further posting that is not WinMx related will be deleted. :wink:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2006, 11:37:50 pm »
Cali-man Auto Trade, please dont act like a fool and post like that again, your other posts are sensible enough, if you have an issue that requires you to swear at folks please PM me and I,ll listen to your ranting but this is a family site and abuse alone is not tolerated.

Cali-man Auto Trade

Friction
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2006, 12:18:59 am »
I posted some info that I thought would be helpfull to some people.

I was rewarded with my posts being screwed with and my IP splashed on the screen.......

Now how would YOU react if this were done to you?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2006, 01:21:43 am »
Cali Man Auto Trade,

That signature of KMs is a script, much like the one on the Portforward.com site that shows only to you your IP and Whois information, for example my ISP and IP shows when i read his signature..

Above is the screen shot of the signature as I see it when I am on this page.

Your original posts have not been edited that I am aware of and neither are any of the other admins on site that I have spoken with aware of them being edited.  

We disabled the function to edit posts near the beginning of our existence due to one users that would edit posts made weeks before and although he meant no harm we decided then to disable that function..

If you ever feel your posts are being messed with please just PM one of the Moderators on site and we will be happy to look into it for you.. This site is for all to use and enjoy.. we try to make it as user friendly as possible and strive to meet everyones needs here.. abuse will not be tolerated as a response to not liking the policies.. I hope we can start over here..

Gus Morrison

new 2.9 patch
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2006, 01:42:32 am »
went in downloaded the 1.9 patch when it instaled it installed the 2.9 plus 354betta 4  awesome working perfect now with the 2.9 patch installed .who ever came up with the 2.9 great thank you  gus tell them go into the download for 1.9 install it they get the 2.9 plus 354 .
354betta4 2.9 patch installed and working.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2006, 04:02:10 am »
Gus have a read here please before you continue to advice users to get a patch that turns their winmx in to a flooder to attack the network..

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=8350#8350

fuzzy522651

Peer Guardian
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2006, 09:46:26 pm »
Is it necessary (or, for that matter, useful) to run Peer Guardian with a secondary connection, or is it only required for primary?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2006, 09:50:49 pm »
Fuzzy,

You will find some blocked traffic even on secondary connections, however its really only recommended for primary users at this time.

My own experience not long ago was that I choose to run it even on secondary, but in the last few months of learning about the flooders and that activity, I dont think I would run it today on secondary.

I use the Install 1.9 for xp patch, which blocks them also.

winmx constantly crashes
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2006, 01:13:08 pm »
Hi was having similar problem as many others, was only connected for about 30 min at the most then crash. Ive now done as advised and changed settings to no tcp incoming connections, all seems fine again now [ 11 hours on uploads and downloads all working fine ].

KM

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2006, 01:18:29 pm »
the problems were sorted out over the weekend, you continued to have crashing issues after that?

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2006, 01:28:18 pm »
I don't know if this will help but...When I originally installed the .dll patch... I didn't disable my 'ad-watch' and it was screwing up the .dll from working.  When I disabled my 'ad-watch' , installed the .dll and restarted the puter before turning ad-watch back on...it worked fine.  I don't know if this could possibly be the problem for others as well.

hhhggdd246

winmx crashing
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2006, 12:14:04 pm »
had problems with mx crashing in either the first few minutes or between 45/55 mins,kept getting the windows mx has a problem and needs to close.I removed all the downloads in my list which were at 0 bytes but not the partially downloaded ones and the problems stopped,i have now been online with no problems for 42hrs,i also removed the dll file from my mx folder but dont think this really had anything to do with the issue.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 02:25:25 pm »
Agreed,

For a while now we have known that some incomplete downloads will find so many sources they will cause your Mx to crash.  These are fake files and can cause perm damage to your mx.  

The best way to avoid these is by using the filters discussed here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

NO one should search for any files without these, to avoid this problem.

Thanks hhhggdd for the info..

dirobert

Re: Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 03:15:02 pm »
HI All
I am new to your Group my problem with crashing only started when I downloaded IE7 and installed it after a few problems using IE7 I removed it from my laptop.
After that WINMX started giving a windows error message if I click on send to microsoft or not to send it closes winmx down I have to move the error message down to the bottom of the screen winmx works ok.
I have tried to uninstall winmx I have worked my way though the registry and cleared out everthing.

Thanks to All

dirobert

Re: Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 03:29:32 pm »
Sorry about last message in wrong group should have been the techy group cleared my own problem by reverting back to 3.53 from 3.54 works ok now.
Now just waiting for the techy people to fix the problem with 3.54.

Thanks all

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.006 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx