gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 04:44:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth  (Read 9101 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth
« on: December 30, 2005, 04:53:30 am »
I have dont multiple tests to make sure of this with Ghost ship. I have reinstalled winmx multiple times and it never helped. I was able to use winmx for a few minutes in the chats then it would crash. Didn't matter what version i used. But When i removed the dll from my winmx folder it didn't crash. I waited over 30 min playing ith things and it didn't crash. Then i added the dll to it again and it began to crash again.  

I even made sure i had the most current dll and it still did it.

So now i reformatted and installed winmx with the dll patch. It crashed over and over and over again. But when i took it out it was fine. I will be talking with Me here, and Ghostship again tomarrow and hopefully they can get an answer out of km.

Im not dising the dll patch but if your winmx is crashing try removing the dll from your winmx folder and install the pie patch. This is what i have to do until i get an answer out of km what is going on.

If you are having the same diffuculties and you remove the dll and switch to the pie patch and it doesn't crash please mention it in your post!
- Josh

thesheetster

dll patch
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 05:42:34 am »
how do i remove the dll patch and install the pie patch

Astro Boy

Dropping out
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:48:59 am »
I am also having the same problems as you. As are a few of my freinds.
Hope Km can sort this out.

nwtrekkie@monarch.net

I don't have the dll file, but have the Pie Patch inbstalled
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 06:04:50 am »
I have not had any of these problems, but know people who are having them.  I do not have the dll file in my C:\Program Files\WinMX folder and have not had any of these problems,  my problems are more centered around WINDOWS Explorer & the DivX player,  When I try to watch a video with DivX (or Real Player or WMP too sometimes) Explorer seems to go round & round using all available CPU resources at the expense of all other files.  Eventually this causes WinMX files that are actually transferring, to stop, really maddening.  I have found that if the video does not start within normal time, you can access WINDOWS Task Manager, and stop Explorer. This allows the video to start, but you must restart Explorer right away by going to File/new Task in Task Manager before closing it and restarting Explorer.  This usually will get things going again.

I'm running P4 (1 GB Ram)
Win XP Prof with S/Pack2
Have 2 DVD Burners, 2 External H/Drives
LinkSys BEFSR41 Router - cable ISP

nwtrekkie@monarch.net

7en

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 06:18:31 am »
I believe I know what the culprit is here but it requires getting hold of the right people before any necessary changes can be made.

With any luck we'll be able to get this sorted once the powers that be are available.

Astro Boy

Dropping out
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 07:28:37 am »
I just deleted the dll file and installed the pie patch and it has fixed the problem.
I hope Km can fix this. I always prefered the dll.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 07:41:28 am »
Glad i could help
- Josh

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 08:21:18 am »
00:02:39 ««« Rollerblader504akaChance »»» hey why's winmx cr¤º A§h º¤ so much
- Josh

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 08:21:42 am »
This is becomming a huge problem.  Someone... Do somthing :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
- Josh

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 09:30:28 am »
You know as well as me josh that km   me_here   and quicksilver know about this problem and are as we speak looking into whats wrong.
And i am 100% sure as soon as they have this worked out they will let us all know.
As for the pie patch yes its a great temp fix but remember the pie patch does not include any blocking softwear,
So if you do us this fix people will need to run PG2 to protect themselves.
You can also run the 98 fix od V1.9 and this will work on any o/s of windows but this to will need you to run PG2 as this one also has no blocking softwear included unlike the 2000/xp version of the V1.9.

londonfog

What dll are you talking about ?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 02:26:36 pm »
What dll do I have to remove ? I tried removing the one in the WINMX folder and WinMX would not reconnect. Also, what is the 'Pie Patch' and where do I find it ?

(N.B. I turned my PC off last tuesday; I've been away a few days and look what I found when I come back. Can't leave you alone guys :-)  :-)  )

icedragon aka bughunter

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 09:34:26 pm »
prob only effects the beta as far as i know easiest solution is to run the 1.9 exe set up again and choose the 9x option   ie win 98  ME   problem solved

wavoka

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 12:12:33 am »
I believe I know what the culprit is here but it requires getting hold of the right people before any necessary changes can be made.

With any luck we'll be able to get this sorted once the powers that be are available.
========================================
I hope so.  I had no luck with the pie patch before and I don't feel like playing solution tag again.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 01:02:43 am »
Below is a post I have made already in a few places tonite.. this works to solve the issue... although it appears to be more then one problem, one of them has been located and will be fixed by tomorow.. specific times.. well when ever KM gets around for the day  :wink:

I cant be sure who is doing the attacking of users at this time its not good at all.. we are having a terrible time determining a common issue that could cause this.. so the best advise i have for now is this:

Rename your C:\Program Files\Winmx to WinMx2
Install the Install 1.9.exe for a 98/ME operating system, this will work fine on XP, however if a user is primary it will NOT block the riaa, they will need to use peer guardian with our block list found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

For now this is working, we are unsure if its the ws2_32.dll under attack or winmx 3.54 at this time, although we have nearly 50 or more users with crashing problems we have thousands without it running many different combonations of 3.53 and 3.54 .. thats the best info and advice I can give at this time..

Astro Boy

Dropping out
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 01:04:53 am »
An update hoping this can help Km.
I am still using the pie patch and it has solved the problem but I personally think pie patch sucks. Your ws2_32.dll is way better.
I am running Xp Pro Service patch 2 with winmx 3.53

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 01:08:59 am »
Below is a post I have made already in a few places tonite.. this works to solve the issue... although it appears to be more then one problem, one of them has been located and will be fixed by tomorow.. specific times.. well when ever KM gets around for the day  :wink:

As its highly likely that the RIAA and more specifically Macrovision may have thier own guilt in this problem I would certainly not recommend using a hosts file to solve this problem, I simply cant endorse a fix that has been promoted and allowed Macrovision free reign on this Network .. IMHO...

I cant be sure who is doing the attacking of users at this time its not good at all.. we are having a terrible time determining a common issue that could cause this.. so the best advise i have for now is this:

Rename your C:\Program Files\Winmx to WinMx2
Install the Install 1.9.exe for a 98/ME operating system, this will work fine on XP, however if a user is primary it will NOT block the riaa, they will need to use peer guardian with our block list found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

For now this is working, we are unsure if its the ws2_32.dll under attack or winmx 3.54 at this time, although we have nearly 50 or more users with crashing problems we have thousands without it running many different combonations of 3.53 and 3.54 .. thats the best info and advice I can give at this time..

wavoka

I'll wait
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 01:32:26 am »
Below is a post I have made already in a few places tonite.. this works to solve the issue... although it appears to be more then one problem, one of them has been located and will be fixed by tomorow.. specific times.. well when ever KM gets around for the day .
==============================
Last time I played solution tag. Nothing worked until the 1.9 came along. I can run the program as long as I don't use the features too much, and i'm making some ul/dl progress.

I have confidence that the brains will figure this one out as well.

The main reason you don't have more people coming in here isn't that it's not happening to them. It's because they do not know where "here" is. I had to tell several users that I know about winmxworld.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 01:58:03 am »
I have no doubt as we are just a baby site in comparison with others that folks dont know we are here.. but thanks wavoka, for all the help you offer us, and other users here and everywhere you go.. thanks tons ...

I think we have located at least one of the problems with a java script the client reads but the dll directs it to read.. for connection.. we shall have that cleared up by tomorow if thats the only issue..  :roll:

wavoka

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 02:49:35 am »
Thanks. I wish I could do more.

Gus Morrison

getting shut down
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 04:09:58 pm »
try this it sure workd for me .Something had to get into my puter to keep shutting down.so i tried different things  like the rest of you .try this get rid of all patches go just to wimx no patches try it  since i put the 1.9 patch in got cut off every few min could not download now moveing everything get rid off all patches straight winmx .if it dont work yo u  always go bk.Since i went straight old winmx nothing can get in my puter to stop it /Please try this and it works for old timer so it should work for you .AM USING THE 353 VERSION.UPLOADING and Down LOADIN FOR 28 HRS NOT A SHUT DOWN .TRY IT NOTHINJG TO LOSE NO PATCHES.GUS.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Why Your WinMX crash's so much! - The Truth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx