gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:08:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  android
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: android  (Read 5361 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
android
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:41:39 am »
As a new person to have bought a gently used samsung, it would be special if one could connect via the phone,directly to the WPN. Even if just for chat.

Extra fun if this could be done by the rules of google, no trading. Perfectly legal chat as an app, exposed to millions of people.

If they get more interested, they can download the real winmx.

Or even, a secondary only on android app, which does do file transfers, even if google is not pleased.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: android
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:25:48 am »
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.androidVNC

closest thing to this would be VNC from the droid to a windows machine... make sure you have unlimited data plan or are connected via wifi

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:52:44 am »
But then, you have to be connecting to your pc at home, wherever that may be.

Wasnt there an old Java thing once that was able to do winmx chat?

From what ive read android doesnt like java apps (in the old way), requires root.

But it does do some javaish? things anyway.

Maybe needs a little redo to make the old java thing work on a modern phone.

It would be nice and not eat bandwidth if it were done directly on the phone and not VNC.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:58:48 am »
ah this....
WPCC Mobile

WinMX chat as a jar file.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:39:47 pm »
if you get wpcc mobile to work would you post a screenshot? i had forgotten about that thing

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 01:00:17 pm »
Or BoCHS (or another emulator) and a minimal early windows install.. it'd be a pig to use though.... I never did get WPCC to work when I looked at it.. I might try again sometime though.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:38:01 am »
ah this....
WPCC Mobile

WinMX chat as a jar file.

on a cheap amazon fire 7 tablet i get as far as the channel list loading up nicely, but cannot enter any rooms. Has anybody had any success with it?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 02:43:13 pm »
I just had a spy through the "jar" file and as long as WPCC Mobile knows the local username, line type, file count  &  the selected channelname it should work, the code is in place to join the room.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:03:46 pm »
Hi Quicks, yeah i've tried 2 different emulators J2ME and Coffee VM, both connect to the network quickly and bring up a good size list of rooms, but i'll be damned if i can get them to enter any rooms. Maybe this tablet is missing something that is present on phones, i have no idea, or possibly needs root access  or maybe its something else entirely... pffff who knows lol

Thanks for the reply tho, i hope all is well with you and yer loved ones during these challenging times, stay safe  ;)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 08:29:25 am »
All is good here thank you my friend  8) 8) 8)

I used a decompiling program to gather a fair representation of the src code for that program, I'll spy it over again in case I missed something, the wpcc file is the one with the joining routine if anyone else is spying over the code also.

I like how Emu has set up his language files, very simple but effective. (a,b,c,d etc)

On the pandemic front we face a foe we cannot fight with bombs or bullets and find ourselves outgunned for the moment, this event may remind us that we should perhaps spend a little more time treasuring those around us while we are still able, most of us take many people and things for granted and the recent mass deaths with tens of thousands of lives cut short should instill in us all a sense of thankfullness and rememberance, but more importantly a sense of duty to each other when times are hard, look out for those around you, share what you have with others in need and keep the lines of communication open for those that find it hard to isolate physically, these are sad times for all.

Those on the medical front line are fighting this battle and in many cases losing their lives, while we might face annoyance, frustration and in a lot of cases real hardship lets not forget those doing their solemn duty for whom this danger is very real and present, join with me in thanking all those supporting those at risk and those fighting for their lives, without our emergency services, care staff, doctors, nurses and the thousands of lesser visible folks behind the scenes in other supporting roles we take for granted the toll would become so much highter.

My thanks again for your thoughtful words Reef  :)   The rest of you stay at home and stay safe.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 09:04:46 am »
Glad to hear yer doin well and thanks for takin the time to have a look over it, much appreciated Quicks  :-D

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 01:00:38 am »
Just a quick update. I left this alone for a coupla weeks and to my surprise upon trying it again yesterday i could see it was actually entering rooms but crashing a coupla seconds after. I was able to enter AND chat in 1 room that was hosted with winmx itself (not a chat server). It does eventually crash after a random amount of time, i think 7 minutes was the longest. Not many rooms hosted on generic winmx so not very useful lol

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 03:38:01 am »
Thats very interesteing Reef  :nerd:

I think most of the chats support the same basic protocols so i suspect its either a poorly implemented array in usage or something as simple as a colour command, can you try it again in a non-mx room room using the /bot or similar command to block those and see if anything changes.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 10:39:45 am »
I'll give that a try but when i say i can see it enter rooms the topic begins to load (if it even gets that far) and it crashes while the topic is loading so im not sure if i can even attempt to enter bot mode before it crashes.... will try it though thanks  :D

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 07:07:27 pm »
After a recent update by the developer of J2ME, this is now working perfectly on my amazon fire 7 tablet  :thumbs: :-D :canadian:

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 08:11:15 pm »
I tried on my android phone. still doesn't work there. but I think i'm going 2 try & find a way 2 make a mobile app 4 it. we'll see :)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 05:55:01 am »
The version below is what is working for me, its version 0.2 which i cant seem to find in the archives, Maybe it will work for you as well  ;)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 07:09:46 pm »
You can use this on your phone? I tried it. I am not sure I'm doing this correctly. I changed the cashe to one that I know works. But I don't get a channel list and it just continues to say "Finding network" is there anything else I need to do? Thanks Cam. :)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 08:17:35 pm »
Hey, I finally got it to connect. but this is what it tells me when I try to join & rejoin the channel I took a screenshot. Thanks Cam.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 06:58:27 am »
caches.winmxworld.net       is the cache most commonly used.

are you getting a channel list now? if so, any luck entering any other rooms other than your own?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  android

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx