gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:22:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Block Flooders
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Block Flooders  (Read 5795 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Block Flooders
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 12:37:11 am »
Its not likely this is a fake user.. rest assured.

However I cant answer the exact reasons why only some of the files would show up, there are many good reasons legitimate users would have a browse the didnt show them all.  For example if they have moved a folder and not unshared it..

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Block Flooders
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 05:33:18 am »
me, i think im not gonna release WG
- Josh

aniccia

flooders
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 12:37:03 pm »
On the top of Winmx window is written 'currently blocking flooders to protect......'  and  'find sources now' is not working

Furthermore being online for a few hours and it disconnects and connects straight away again.

What does it all mean?

Aniccia

aniccia

flooders
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 12:45:57 pm »
solved the mystery with tye 'find sources now' they were not activated!
A

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Block Flooders
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 01:07:29 pm »
The "currently blocking...." message shows the patch is there & working, & is telling you about the extra function this patch has to help protect the network.

Disconnecting & reconnecting is completely unavoidable if you're on a secondary, and always happened, whenever the primary you connect through disconnects, you get directed to another one..  This is currently worse than it used to be, because unprotected primaries using Pie patch frequently disconnect too owing to RIAA denial of service attacks...

Why find now wouldn't work is more of a puzzle, if you can search it ought to... (that said there are less users out there than before frontcode pulled their servers, if it says "finding sources" but doesn't find any this is the likely cause) otherwise.... are you running any add ons? queue managers etc? what version of windows? what version of internet explorer?
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

aniccia

disconnecting
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 08:40:20 pm »
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Disconnecting & reconnecting is completely unavoidable if you're on a secondary, and always happened, whenever the primary you connect through disconnects, you get directed to another one.. This is currently worse than it used to be, because unprotected primaries using Pie patch frequently disconnect too owing to RIAA denial of service attacks...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for the reply

'Disconnecting & reconnecting' I do not understand fully (still a beginner).
What is meant by' primary' and ''secondary"?
I did phone my Ip and they assured me that I was NOT disconnected from them, there record showed a connection of 3 days while Winmx showed two hours.  
What is RIAA?
Would appreciate if you could expand your explanation.

kindly
Aniccia

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Block Flooders
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 09:15:38 pm »
Hey Aniccia

Its simple really, the Primary connections are what makes the network, they form a web, each connecting to other Primarys. Secondarys simply piggy back onto Primarys, hence if your on Secondary and the primary your piggy backing disconnected, you will be reconnected to another primary.

The more primarys the better, i always have 2 pc's running primarys and helping the network as best i can, i also run PGLyte with the Winmxworld blocklist to avoid my primary slots being hijacked by the Riaa.

:D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Block Flooders

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx