gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:49:06 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  encoding/burning issues... grrrrrrrrrrrr
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: encoding/burning issues... grrrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 4265 times)

Offline badatti2d

• Forum Member
  • I'm a stinker, I am (wink)
encoding/burning issues... grrrrrrrrrrrr
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:54:44 pm »
I use WinAVI to encode, and Nero to burn my movie files to DVD.  Been working great up until the time I took the advice of a so-called movie burning guru, who advised me to install different codecs, as a lot of movie files i download now have different formats and versions.  I have a virtual plethora of codecs and codec packs installed now.  The problem is, now that I have all of these installed on my system, now I cant convert with winAVI, and that just makes me mad...lol     can you, or anyone else, give me a straight and simple answer:  what codecs and codec packs do I need in order to encode with winavi, and burn with nero, and play on my stand-alond dvd player like i used to?  I am ready to uninstall every codec i have on here, with the exception of the quicktime and realplayer codecs that I know winavi requires.   Any help....any one?  Thanks, I am desparate...lol
~~Bill
Compaq Presario Desktop PC
Windows XP, sp2
AMD Sempron 3100+
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
512 MB RAM
Usable Hard Disk Capacity: 160 GB
Security: AntiVir, SpyBot S&D, AdAware, Ewido
winMx v. 3.53 w/patch

Offline tonyd19565

• Forum Member
Re: encoding/burning issues... grrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:01:25 am »
In no way am I an expert but I use the Nero software to burn movies downloaded from winmx no need to encode. Same with TV episodes if you are talking about ripping a DVD try Ripit4me with DVD shrink

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:00:31 pm »
not sure about winavi, I use Nero 7 to convert and burn good quality files and tmpg to convert and burn files that need some sharpening and or brightening. I downloaded ffdshow codec pack from a site, afterdawn.com, and have never needed anything else. It's also a great source of tutorials for video and audio encoding. As far as problem solving goes I would suggest removing the codecs in the reverse order you installed them or if you don't quite remember, uninstall all except the ones you started out with.
Sorry it's not the straight answer you were looking for but I hope it at least helps a little.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:51:05 pm »
Try going to Add/Remove programmes in your control panel and remove all the codecs u have installed

Then i would re install the apps you used b4 to convert and burn with and try again
Most of the time apps like these comes with there own codecs within the app

there is also another app i know to ( which dont need codecs ) called    convertXtodvd      this app will convert and burn any movie type file ( it also allows you to add muilt TV shows ) all in one app

There is no need for any other app as this is a all in one app and there is also no need for any extra codecs either

feel free to post more here if you need any more help

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Video Help  |  encoding/burning issues... grrrrrrrrrrrr

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx