gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:46:49 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMXGroup Beta Patch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMXGroup Beta Patch  (Read 22740 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Re: WinMXGroup Beta Patch
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2006, 08:15:05 pm »
SP2 is free..
- Josh

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2006, 08:42:11 pm »
true but if you install updates from Microsofts website they software is downloaded that checks of your Operating system is genuine

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2006, 09:26:21 pm »
Suggestion for the patch.

Almost everytime i go to click Library or Chat  i end up accidently clicking the very edge of the update bar so then it opens up winmxgroup.  Its getting really annoying.  So cant you just make it open that up if you click on the words?
- Josh

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2006, 09:30:55 pm »
suggestion for josh, open a browse or whois to separate them.. or play lots of minesweeper to improve mouse skills (that's why microsoft put that one there, solitaire for broad mouse control practice & minesweeper for fine control).. but at least we're coming back onto topic with a suggestion..
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2006, 09:44:24 pm »
lol
- Josh

KM

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 12:13:41 am »
i just wonder how many attempts it took him to click on the patch download link in the first place if he can't hit the much larger buttons in winmx... lol

Chaser

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2006, 08:42:18 pm »
perfect patch, nice 1 :)

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 12:23:52 pm »
I downloaded the Install-3.1 zip, and extracted it to WinMX folder.   Ran fine and I found the Advanced settings, room list seemed to load faster.   Did that last week sometime.   Installed a new modem/router yesterday, and today I remembered the beta patch had the "Enable uPnP", so I went to check that and "Advanced Settings" had gone.   Downloaded it again and its working fine atm.   I run 3.54 beta 4.

KM

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 04:09:28 pm »
so it lost the settings screen, and a reinstall got it back? did the splash screen change? not sure how but somehow it could have changed back to 3.0 or something like that

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:16 am »
yep, it seems to have gone back to 3.0   I dont know why because when I downloaded the zip, i extracted the OLEDLG.DLL and pasted it in the folder, replacing the 3.0 one.   That was fine for a week, then it swapped back somehow.

KM

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 06:18:26 pm »
beta 6 of the patch released now, same download URLs... hopefuly this has fixed that opennap bug

I actually don't know entirely why the bug occured - however I think I located it and fixed it, at the very least it seems that opennap now has no problems for me, i'm sure you'll let me know soon enough if it works for everyone else

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 08:47:18 pm »
Have been testin it for around an hour now...... dont see any u/l's timing out from opennap users or peer users........can't find anything else wrong with it either... lookin good KM    :D   

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 09:16:08 pm »
Works with opennap for me.  :D

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 10:36:24 pm »
Having imported an excessive number of open nap servers many of them dead (outdated .wsx file) I did see an increase in timeouts (by no means universal) until such time as the connection attempts to dead servers ceased.  However, since I'm lazy, I can't be bothered reverting to an earlier patch to check if this is normal or not.

Mxmoni is working normally.

Compatibility with BendMX seems improved, both with the alpha2 & alpha3 builds, it now mostly works (for me anyway), although chat sounds seem to be missing if the room you are in is hosted on WCS, fine on Ouka, just the same, it's a vast improvement over 3.0 for BendMX users.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 11:24:01 pm »
Don't use open nap or bendmx anymore, but as far as connecting it was almost immediate and the room list loads as if I was on primary, not secondary.   Over 1800 rooms in 10 secs which is excellent for me on Aussie DSL.      Thank you.  :D

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 08:36:45 am »
i can not seem to find the b6 download can someone please point me in the right direction.

KM

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2006, 08:46:52 am »
the same download URLs as before

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-3.54b4.exe - main download (winmx 3.54)
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-MultiVer.exe - version for people who want other winmx versions (3.31/3.53/3.54)
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1.zip - just the dll file (the same as the No MX one from previous versions, but i decided without the installer)

or if you have a previous 3.1 beta, just click the update bar - which apparently is really big and so easy to click it's impossible to miss... if your mouse skills are as bad as a certain persons anyway ;-)

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 08:47:53 am »
i would like b6 not b4

KM

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2006, 08:49:48 am »
erm, that would be patch version 3.1 beta 6... not a new winmx version...

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2006, 08:52:49 am »
yes patch beta 6 KM have you just woke up. Feed me a link and i can go home

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMXGroup Beta Patch

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx