gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:56:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  banip problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: banip problem  (Read 6187 times)

confused blonde

banip problem
« on: August 22, 2005, 08:15:15 am »
Me again..  sorry to be a pest...

for the last few days whenever i (or one of the other admin) try to ban someone using the "/banip <user> <ip>" command.. it doesnt seem to work.  the ip address used to come up automatically after the name so u could jus press enter and it would ban them permanently.

Now they are able to get back in the room if they want, which is obviously a pain for us.  

Just wondered if u could help pls.  

Thanx  :oops: xx

KM

banip problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:22:41 pm »
what type of server is the room hosted on? or is it hosted on a plain winmx?

confused blonde

banip problem
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 08:16:47 am »
i use WCS...  :)

KM

banip problem
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 03:15:38 pm »
that would be why they dont ban... /banip 1.2.3.4, you dont use a username for an IP Ban :-P

confused blonde

banip problem
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:05:45 pm »
we have done this before.. when u right click on the username.. it comes up with the options.. Kickban, Ban, Ban Ip and Unban.. next to the Banip option it comes up with /banip <user> <ip> as the criteria .. and the ip was automatically put in.. when u clicked on this..

It is only since the last update it doesnt do that.. it just comes up with the 8 numbers that are on the usernames already.. and not the ip address..

this means unless u can scroll up and copy it from where they came in the room.. u potentially cant ban them at all.. only kick them.. we have had a lot of trouble with ppl coming in the room spamming.. and not being able to ban them permanently is a real hassle..

Anything we can do to get it back the way it was?? plssssssssssssss
Vics :)

ELEphatman

banip problem
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 11:07:46 pm »
few things changed since last update tht are not good

that being 1
&
also the /setaccess dont work no more

confused blonde

banip problem
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 11:10:54 pm »
i never used the setaccess one.. cos we all have passwords.. but the ban ip one is deff a problem for me.. spammers being given a free ride..

KM

banip problem
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:27:28 pm »
erm, why are you using the banip command if they are in the room? just use /ban username... you only need to ban by IP Address if you have to explicitly state the users IP Address if they aren't in the room...

btw the format of the banip command in WCS hasn't changed, so those bans you were doing before wouldn't actually have ever worked :-)

ELEphatman

ermm
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:55:23 pm »
good point on that /ban <user> :P  :roll:

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
banip problem
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:46:29 am »
ur ignoring the issue km. wcs is broken and it's to do with the colour ip when users enter a room.

confused blonde

banip problem
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 09:06:20 pm »
my point is.. that even IF they are in the room at the time.. using the /ban <username> command.. only kicks them.. they can get back in the room straight away.. so it is no better than a /kick <username>

the /banip <username> <ip address> ALWAYS worked in the past.. it bought up the IP address on the end of the command and when u pressed enter then they couldnt get back in the room.. they also came up on the ban list..  

its only since the new update that it hasnt worked..  and we've got two commands that kick.. its just one of them is called Ban...

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
  • Every new creation is the sum of old and new.
banip problem
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 09:16:12 pm »
theres deff a prob on the ip bann  
 before the last upp date you could on the screen when person left
 you could right click scroll down too ip ban and click it it would come upp with the ip and ban them
 now you can not do that
 wot i surjess if you dont beleave plp theres a prob with it do a test room and try it. with a old wsc server before upp date and after upp date  km i now you do test ect but i think you have made a mistake on this  
 as you get plp returning spamming and being a dick   by the time you scroll up the screen tooo get there ip thay gone so it defeat the object 5 mins later there back and spamm again   ip ban was the best thing about it deff made a mistake takeing out and replaceing with colour ip  that does nothing but make it look fancy   could you plz replace it and put back before update plz it would be much appreciate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galactic Overlord

banip problem
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 02:50:59 am »
Hmmm .... Dont know what you folks are using  to hook up to your WCS rooms, but I use RoboMX for Admin-ing and when I kickban the subject is gone...same applies to the /ban & /banIP commands (which actually dont kick ...it just puts them in your banlist)

Now what you may be seeing are ppl with DSL or Dynamic IPs....
DSL all they have to do is reset their modem and presto chango they have a NEW IP Address and they can reenter the room....while the IP Ban is effective in most cases in these examples it loses it's effectiveness....

My Solution to the Dynamic IP is to ban via %HOSTNAME% with Metis as that doesnt change....(Warning: Banning via Hostname ...if parmeters are too wide... bans MANY PPL)

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
banip problem
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:25 am »
thats diff
 we dont use robo for addminn
 we r addmin robo is for the room  welcome ect and passwords login
  mx 3.54b am on  all ways been on never had a prob before uppdate
 we dont allow bots in the room beside the room bots due to hacking ect  trust me theres a big prob  with the ip ban  
i wrote and build rooms since rcms scrip days + open napp room  so do no wot am on about theres a major prob in the upp date
 all i ask is run a test room see for your selfs  test befre upp date and after  you will see wot the prob is

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
banip problem
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 03:50:03 am »
an as in dsl  no you can not reset  to get ip change thats for dial up
 as  only way is to dos change    or local ip change   so thats total diff to wot the prob is  
 the prob is due to the colour change in the ip on the upp date  and a addmin  which r on 3,53 or 3.54
 not robo cos addmin feed the room with shared files if on robo that would not beable to do that
 as mx is a share network
 and as in host ban  that would be host who would ban   so that would mean host will be on 24 / 7   unless thay on pro plus to keep awake too ban all the time it would not work

errmmmmm

holy shit you guys
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 05:05:06 am »
what the hell is the prob?
just phucking kick em & ban there dam ips & stop your bitching

or make a sever that does what you want  lol
/banip /ban /kick /kiss /whogivesaphuck
/getoverit /moveon /takeasecond&typeitin.com

/postmorerepliesfornothing.net
/gimmegimmegimme.uk

:wink:

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
banip problem
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 05:22:03 am »
deff not bitching    the prob is the upp date   theres a prob which needs sorting out    so this is the only way too sort it out by posting   yea can ban   ect but theres a prob with ip banning   you host a room   get muppets come in  then you no wot probs there is   yea can do a server but y should i take credit away from km as he has done a stable server   theres a small prob   which can be fix  and its his server hes done work and credit to him dont wont too take credit for some one else work  
 just pointing out the prob and so has arther plp  so km can fix for next upp date

confused blonde

banip problem
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 08:19:25 am »
who's bitching... i jus thought that if we had a problem .. we could post it on the forum, so that someone could give some advice or it would be sorted out..  

My problem is.. i cant ban ppl.. like i could before, and its annoying.  Obviously other ppl have had the same problem, which shows its not just me.

KM

banip problem
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 12:05:56 pm »
add the option FancyEntry=0 to your config, and restart WCS so it updates to 1.7.1 and it'll get rid of the fancy entry message for admins

but if you want to kick and ban someone then you should use /kickban username or to just ban them use /ban username, and to ban an IP Address /banip 1.2.3.4...

Offline Ace

• Forum Member
banip problem
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 04:17:10 pm »
thanks km

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  banip problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx