gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:07:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Vladd stealing from the users?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vladd stealing from the users?  (Read 14513 times)

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
Re: Vladd stealing from the users?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 05:02:46 pm »
just see the REAL pie team release the forthcoming blocking tool and see host file users everywhere DL the new tool and help protect the network

Replace "forthcoming" with "necessary" or "needed".

By the time there is no one able to fix their patch which is designed to write static data into the HOSt-File, instead of retrieving dynamic data from their Webserver, so everyone has to download patches whenever changes occur.

So it has to be said that unfortunately there isn't even someone working on even practical aspects of design, which makes me think there is noone involved providing the necessary skill-level to do so.

In such a situation it is not possible to develop anything complicated as a blocking tool, i'm afraid.

It's not justified to tell the people there would be a major change in any given future. That's just playing for time and waiting for something fabulous falling from sky like flooders stopping their activities or users forgetting announcements and get used to them when time goes by.

It has been said, they're searching for some freelancer, but in fact there is no use in buying some basic development, as long as they aren't able to provide further development, which has to be an ongoing process to keep it working. But do they even understand that?
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

bughunter

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2006, 05:28:14 am »
reality is within which ever pie team no one has the necessary skills to create anything................
so they have to try and find a third party programme such as pg2 to do the blocking ,and as we all know pg2 is somewhat useless.........
there is a perfectly excelant patch /blocker avalable  that is the dll..........but the maggots refuse to use it , so allowing riaa and the co-horts to cause havock on the winmx network.............
for nearly a year now all we have had from pie is one lame excuse after another as why they cant block...............
they claim the dll is illegal..........so that rules them out of even using hollow lifes knock off of the dll.............
pg2 is illegal...........so they cant even use a firewal based setup.............
sabre even as far as to say that blocking of riaa was against riaas first amedment rights of access.................
all of this is of course utter bullshit.............but it goes to show that the maggots are really against blocking of any kind.............
nobby and vladd have claimed to finally seen the light and now say they are for blocking, and that they are in the process of aquiring something................that would be a good thing if they do.............just have to hope it actually works,and isnt a lame duck like pg2.........time will tell i guess on that one................
but that of course still leaves the big problem sabres cache who refuses to block period,thuis ensuring riaa have a nice big fat access door....................
and since pie A JIM GEM AND SABRE. cant stand pie B nobby vladd etc, i guess were al in for some fun times..............
just hope winmx survives some peoples deliberate attempts to destroy it.................

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2006, 12:14:41 pm »
 I agree about moveing on. But i beg to differ on his just speeking out of temper. He has done this sort of thing many times on his forum even to the point of posting personal info on people.Adresses , phone numbers and google map shots of their homes. His defence is anyone can use google maps. But you will not find it now just as many thing on his forum they tend to be deleted.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:31 pm »
Hmm  i wish i could move the last post it was supposed to be under       Re: Vladd shows his true colours

but i pulled a valdd and done a bad thing.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2006, 05:23:33 pm »
Sooner or later they are gonna have to admit that the hosts file (WHICH WAS MY IDEA FROM THE BEGINNING THAT THEY FIRST SAID WOULDN'T WORK BUT NOW TRY TO SELL AS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD) was never a good idea for a permanent solution.

It was ok for a quick "get us connected" fix, but was not EVER intended to be a long term idea. When I first suggested it, I was talking about a few weeks at most, just until something serious could be developed.

First it was "That won't work." from Sabre. Then after a few minutes of others suggesting impossible or downright ignorant ideas, a few people said they agreed with what I said, and then Sabre decided to work with it.

It was not much longer before they all started talking about installers (like you couldn't tell someone to cut and paste a couple lines in a text file) and then started working on a ridiculous heirarchy of a busines model. (Yes, including a marketing arm!) That was where I started thinking they had all gone batty and decided they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Then I watched several people come in offering to help and were completely crapped on. People volunteered to host a peer cache or to offer a site for people to get the patch from. And what did this "team of professionals with nothing but love for the community" do? Made fun of these people. Ragged on them until they left upset and confused. Some were told to shut up as soon as they entered the room. And of course April was there telling everyone how great of a delphi programmer she was and how worthless the ones offeing resoures were. Many others joined in like a feeding frenzy. Pathetic.

That is when I decided they could all screw off. If they didn't care about the users, I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

Now, this idea I had for a simple quick fix is "The only patch you will ever  need! Act now and get 4 free steak knives!"

Freaking losers. They are living on borrowed time with the entire ordeal. Silly little connection hijack idea, absolutely no way to make it do anything else, and the claims that they will be able to add filtering or flood blocking means one of two things:

1) They are lying which would be consistant with their history.
2) They are going to have to find a real programmer to develop something like the .dll which they have claimed is 'secretive, untrustable, and the work of Satan.'

So, either way, they suck. They just suck so bad, that they will never admit it.

Best Regards and Be Good!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2006, 08:30:28 pm »
 For so many months we have been accused of makeing up facts about the pie team. Now the facts are starting to come out from the pie team members no less.For those that would like to see the truth id say go look fast becouse the truth does not last long on vladd's site.

http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=46412#46412

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Vladd stealing from the users?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx