gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:31:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Easy way to enter individual MP3 ID3's?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Easy way to enter individual MP3 ID3's?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Easy way to enter individual MP3 ID3's?
« on: November 21, 2006, 03:32:55 am »
Although originally ripped directly from CDs, I have about 1,000 MP3s that contain no ID3 tags. Most were 2 to 5 songs per CD. Only a few times did I burn the entire album, but that does not mean much when they are mixed with other MP3s by the same artist. Almost all of the CDs were borrowed from people who no longer live near me.

I am now thinking about adding ID3s to all of these files, and I was hoping for a shortcut instead of looking up and adding all of the information by hand. I am on a snail connection so I would like to save my resources for things that I do not have instead of downloading the songs again just for the tags (30 minutes to download what would take me less than a minute to enter if I know the information would be a waste).

I know there are programs and online databases that do this for a collection of songs that all make up a specific album, but is there a program out there that would let me enter a SPECIFIC song by artist and title and it retrieve and save the rest of the ID3 data into the MP3 for me? Thank you for your help!
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Easy way to enter individual MP3 ID3's?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:30:28 am »
Search in google for editing Id3 tags of large number of files.
Many of them are freeware too.
I use this file: (look at my post there)
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3638

Cheers :P

Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 06:01:21 pm »
i know it's time consuming, but personally i tend to simply listen to my music using winamp & edit the id3 tag on any track it happens to be incorrect on, which winamp can do directly
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 01:11:36 am »
Sam, that is not exactly what I had in mind (I was hoping for an online database that would look up the tags just like a few designated sites look up the entire album when you rip using most programs. However, that program does have the benefit of being tiny with no installer and free, so it should be easier than right-clicking on each file and going to Properties.

Bearded Blunder, that is what I am actually trying to avoid so that it doesn't take me 3 years to find, type, and possibly mislabel all of the ID3 information. However, if that ends up my only option then that is what I will do (so Sam's program looks a little more convenient than doing it with Winamp).

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:19:48 am »
Repeat:
Try google
search for Mp3 tag editor.
It gives many many results. I will also add that unlike most searches, these results actually contain many freeware results as well
you also get programs that will rename multiple files for you, aling with the tags.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 07:00:21 am »
You might want to try Mp3 Tag Tools v1.2.

Mp3 Tag Tools v1.2(C) 2003 John George K. is GNU GPL free software, intutive ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.x mp3 tag editing utility, with several features such as Mass ID3 tagging, Write ID3 tags from Filenames and Rename Files from ID3 tags using Custom Formats, Copy/Synchronize ID3 tags, Cleaning Filenames and Correcting their case, Create ID3 tags using Directory Formats, Create Directories and organize mp3s from ID3 tag info, Export ID3 tag data, Lyrics and Picture tagging, accurately read all MPEG info and append bitrate and mode to filenames. All these tag operations can be carried out  with or without directory recursion.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 05:15:15 am »
Sam, I tried a few searches before. I just used the wrong search terms (duh). Using what you suggested I found a program that works well: Mp3tag

p2p rules, I may give that a try as well. I am always looking for different options.

Thanks.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:14:32 pm »
your welcome! :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Easy way to enter individual MP3 ID3's?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx