gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 06:46:49 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MxControl Disaster
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MxControl Disaster  (Read 7717 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
MxControl Disaster
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:00:38 pm »
Folks during some of the recent changes to Mxcontrol it seems the original intent of Bender who created all the programs there was, he felt, lost  :(

This message is now on the Mxcontrol Site

Site closed
I don't like the way the project developed after my leaving. MXControl was intended to be free and open to anyone. The change to a "must register" community is not compatible with that goal.

That's why I decided to close down the site. You can download the entire software set created by MXControl by following this link.

Sincerly, Bender
- The Project master and god of MXControl :-)

This has happened rather suddenly and with no warning but please rest assured a plan is now underway to save as much info as humanly possible that may be of future use to winmx users , whilst I am not happy with how this has occured I respect the decision of the creator to determine the fate of his own site as must you all, lets pull together once more folks and keep his legacy alive and free as he wished it to be.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Re: MxControl Disaster
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:20:51 pm »
Quick update folks for those wondering whats happening, you can still get any of the MxControl programs here

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/MxControl/

or from here

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=92201

Its not envisaged that the programs will disappear so there is no need for panic.

What has been lost is the many hundreds of Metis scripts that where posted on site for users to use, while not really the main aim  of the mxcontrol project it has been the most active group on the forum there and for that reason we are asking all scripters to post on the new section here to make up the lost treasure as fast as possible

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php#18

Its been my experience that when faced with a challenge this community responds well, lets all do so again, cheers folks  8)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 09:52:34 pm »
Thank you Ghost Ship for this sad news, as a metis user i do have some scripts that i use or have used in my forum, like mxcontrol membership is required, but there is also pc help of all kinds there, i dont have many. its the few i use, not the amount that mxcontrol had, but please feel free to see what is there. i hope we can work through this and as i have single handedly put alot of work into my forum, as Me Here has seen, i hope we can work together to keep WinMX and Metis alive.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:14:59 pm »
i thought i should add, even though my metis section is members only, i Dont inforce rules like mxcontrol had, i dont warn everyone for coughing without permission, its a fun friendly place with no drama or abuse.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:37:18 am »
 :shock: ahhheeeeeeeeemmmmmm   *cough cough*  news broken to you by myself seconds after it was closed  as i was on the site at the time :roll:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 01:27:57 am »
Indeed we have you to thank for the speed of this sad news ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

I hope users will remember that the Metis code vault on Mx control has taken over a years work from many there and will be missed if we dont spend time rebuilding it, whilst I am hopeful of recovering much of the site there is going to be a time slice that we will have lost permanently  :(

Lets make sure this is minimised, if you have something you posted there please post it here for others to use, all items retreived from the site will of course bear the name of the original scripter, we hope they will of course come here to post their work themselves or at least help us identify who made what , I hope to have good news soon, thank you all for your patience and for keeping the Metis "spirit" rolling

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 04:09:57 am »
heres a couple i found from there

Posted by: snowytomcat420 Mar 4 2006, 02:06 AM
i took a lottery script and changed it a little to make a badword penalty game {kinda }if badwords are used bot decides a penalty for user. i like it because user waits to see the penalty [kinda funny actually] anyway something a little different. just copy and paste into mxc xml file

Code: [Select]
<command flood="10" type="script">
<in>s--t</in>
<in>f--k</in>
<in>c--t</in>
<in>c--k</in>
<in>d--kless</in>
<out>#c21#deciding#c10# badword penalty for#c16# %RAWNAME%..</out>
<out type="push" extdata="4"><operator type="+" lvalue="%RANDOMNUM[6]%" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out delay="4000">%RAWNAME% gets penalty #%USERVAR[4]%!</out>
// penalty #1
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="1">#c17#penalty:#c4# Daily Double #2!#c8# bitch slap and Kick!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="1">,.I.. c(-_-)o ..I.,</out>
<out delay="1000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="1">/kick %RAWNAME%</out>
// penalty #2
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="2">#c21#penalty:#c9# A KickBan for 1 minute!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="2">/kickban %RAWNAME% 1</out>
// penalty #3
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="3">#c19#penalty:#c3# A KickBan for 2 minutes!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="3">/kickban %RAWNAME% 2 </out>
// penalty #4
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="4">#c7#Prize:#c21# Kick in the Rear End!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="4">/kick %RAWNAME%</out>
// penalty #5
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="5">#c10#Prize:#c21# Getting Gagged!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="5">#AdminCmd Ignore %RAWNAME% </out>
// penalty #6
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="6">#c16#Prize:#c10# Immature Level!</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="6">#AdminCmd Ignore %RAWNAME% </out>
</command>

Posted by: J�MÈMar 4 2006, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the contribution, sure some people will love it. Though, you didn't have to replace some of the letters with a -

Posted by: snowytomcat420 Mar 4 2006, 11:05 PM
just didnt want to offend anyone

Posted by: J�MÈMar 5 2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I can understand. But the topic even has 'bad word' in it. So if someone gets offended by stuff like that. They shouldn't even visit the topic. Just makes it easier if you post a script that no one has to edit before they use it. But enough discussion here. This isn't what this place is for.

Posted by: Mystikal Mar 9 2006, 04:20 PM
:twisted: hehehe

my room hated me for that

but gave me hours of entertainment

thanks a million

8)

Posted by: MaxHeadroom Sep 13 2006, 10:57 PM
Hi All, i got hold of Snowytomcat's script and did some silly things to it, it doesnt kick ppl out of room but it resets the format and adds a tag (insult) onto the front of their name.
have a look and see what you think, and Smowytomcat, it works brill many thanks for the script, hope you dont mind me messing with it. i included the text formats (FXS) so you can see

<command flood="10" type="script">
<in>b--ch*</in>
<in>f--k</in>
<in>c--t</in>
<in>s--t</in>
<in>w--ker*</in>
<out> => deciding #c17#badword penalty for #c2#%NAME% </out>
<out type="push" extdata="4"><operator type="+" lvalue="%RANDOMNUM[8]%" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out delay="4000">%NAME% gets penalty #%USERVAR[4]%!</out>
// penalty #1
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="1"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#B!tch Slap! </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="1">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F7 </out>
// penalty #2
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="2"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Arse K!ck </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="2">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F8 </out>
// penalty #3
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="3"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Prison Visit </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="3">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F9 </out>
// penalty #4
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="4"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Stand In Corner </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="4">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F10 </out>
// penalty #5
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="5"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Police Boot Camp </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="5">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F11 </out>
// penalty #6
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="6"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Do It Yourself </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="6">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F12 </out>
// penalty #7
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="7"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Work It Off </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="7">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F13 </out>
// penalty #8
<out condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="8"> => #c17#penalty: #c2#Pimp Slap! </out>
<out delay="2000" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[4]%" rvalue="8">/setuserlevel %NAME% +F14 </out>
</command>

/TextFormat 7=#c1# B!tchSlapped #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 8=#c1# ArseK!cked #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 9=#c1# Lesbian #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 10=#c1# D!ckHead #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 11=#c1# Gay #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 12=#c1# \/\/anker #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 13=#c1# CallGirl #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$
/TextFormat 14=#c1# Pimp #c2#$NAME$ #c1#» #c1#$TEXT$

For those that dont like web links in there room and warn
Posted by: Tiny4eva Jul 21 2006, 07:41 PM

<command type="script">

<in>*www*</in>

<in>*http*</in>

<in>*.com*</in>

<in>*.net*</in>

<in>*.org*</in>

<in>*.co.uk*</in>

<in>*.us*</in>

<in>*.info*</in>

<in>*.co.nr*</in>

<in>*.biz*</in>

<in>*.cc*</in>

<in>*.ws*</in>

<in>*.tv*</in>

<in>*.name*</in>

<out type="push" extdata="ADDY1">%PARAM%</out>

<out>/setaccess %NAME% C</out>

<out delay="4000">/notice #c8### #c2#WARNING #c8### #c57#U Have Broken A Room Rule #c1#No links in the room at any time.</out>

<out type="push" extdata="RECENT"><operator type="readfile" nvalue="C:Spammers.txt" lvalue="c" rvalue="-1"/></out>

<out type="push" extdata="RULE2">NO</out>

<out type="push" extdata="RULE2" condition="?" lvalue="$RECENT$" rvalue="Name: %NAME%">YES</out>

<out type="file" mode="a" extdata="C:Spammers.txt" condition="==" lvalue="$RULE2$" rvalue="NO">Name: %NAME% IP: %IP% Hostname: %HOSTNAME% Date: %DATE% Room: $ADDY1$n</out>

<out condition="==" lvalue="$RULE2$" rvalue="NO"> #c62#Sorry #c51#%NAME%#c62#, we do not allow advertising without permission.</out>

<out delay="4000"condition="==" lvalue="$RULE2$" rvalue="NO">Dont Panic This was just a warning, But do it again im affraid its a kick ban</out>

<out condition="==" lvalue="$RULE2$" rvalue="YES"> #c62#You've been warned to not advertise once before #c51#%NAME%#c62#, this time it is a ban.</out>

<out delay="4000"condition="==" lvalue="$RULE2$" rvalue="YES">/kickban %NAME%</out>

</command>

MXControl _ Metis Code Vault _ [1] Standard on-enter welcome note
Posted by: Black-Panther Feb 27 2006, 10:56 PM

<OnEnter>

<out>#c57#Hello %NAME% Welcome To %ROOMNAME%.The Time Is %TIME% On %DATE%, And Ty For Sharing Your %LINE% Line With Us</out>

</OnEnter>
hope these help  :)

*edit: scripts changed to "code" format and posted separately in the new metis section so they don't get lost "out here" - nylly

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 09:32:30 am »
oh nice one Hell, i see you found some stuff, excellent work, im hoping alot of ppl will be able to add scripts, and we now have a new home for them, lets do what we can to keep us metis users happy.

Offline Zhen-Xlogic

• Core
  • Wasting Disk Space Since 1986
    • MXCoders
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 09:52:08 am »
Sorry but this a good way? need to know why i speent lot of time and now i fill as an as*h*ole because all is destroed!!!
No warning no information from Bender to me e-mail. And this the thanks? this is the thanks i take the site and i converted to IPB and nice site with theme and lots of module!

Well after so big time bender you come back and you kill me... Thx
Your account is coverted as VIP because your password is stolen!
Im waiting a reply after the site update but nothinkg you see one time and thats it!

I don't like the way the project developed after my leaving.
Developed? need to know what you tell program development? or site Development? because site development is good!
MXControl was intended to be free and open to anyone. The change to a "must register" community is not compatible with that goal.
And after some months the site is come back to all free to see post to download but not free to reply! as allways in the last year when the hosting have the KM.
And the only admin on the site is the Bender in SF.

This is your THANKS @Bender? this is i take your site and i do it in a good site after the update... thanks Bender now i fill really as an as*h*le...
[Packet Type:2][Packet Length:2][Data:X]

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 11:56:34 am »
Zhen I know theres nothing anyone can say that will make this event something less traumatic for those who spent many years at the MxControl site, Bender is surely free to decide when his project was finished, although the timing and wording of his post show that he hadnt spent a long time in making his decision.

I hope in keeping with Benders words on free and open that we see the same effort put into making the scripts once again free and open, something that he seems to have overlooked in his haste

My sympathies lie with all the commited admin/mods and members of the mxcontrol forum.

Lets move forward together folks, a dream is only lost if we forget it, I personally shall not do so and I hope you all join with us in taking the steps to help others remember.

The future is, as always, what we make it.

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 05:14:29 pm »
I'm not happy either! :x I've worked alot on the forum when bender, zhen has left the forum. I've keeped this forum alive and now it's destroyed. I know zhen worked hard on the forum when he returned and I say thanks to him.

If an another forum or site will open, I'm not sure if I will stay admin. I will stay admin if only I'm sure that bender or everybody else will can't erase the new one.  :?

Besides, I'm happy to help peoples on MXControl and making alot of great scripts and programs.  8)

I will not make any moves now... I'm just waiting if something will appenning.
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline Bender

• Forum Member
    • http://mxcontrol.sf.net
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 07:11:17 pm »
Don't panic :-)

Hi there,

before closing down the site I made a full backup!
The site will reopen if

A) I find the time
B) or IF I find a webmaster who is willing to manage the site on sourceforge.net withouth inforcing registration or other bullshit to the user. (You will need a sourceforge account) Send a mail to bender979@yahoo.de if you are willing to take the job ;-)

As said on the temporary placeholder on mxcontrol.sf.net MXControl was aimed to be a FREE and OPEN community. That is why I chose Opensource licenses for my programs and tools.

MXControl will life on folks.

Sincerly,
Bender - The allmighty god of MXControl  :lol:
---------

Offline Bender

• Forum Member
    • http://mxcontrol.sf.net
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 07:20:36 pm »
After reading through the thread.

I did not intend to piss anyone off. The way I closed down the site was may be a little hasty but this is due my having very little time (Work work work).

I temporarily removed all admins until I have time to speak to them to resolve the problems I find in the last working design of the site.

AND

I appologize to Zhen-Xlogic. I know you spend a lot of time in the new site and design and that work is not lost. If you are still willing to admin the site and keep it more open I'd be very happy.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 07:41:43 pm »
Thanks for the great news Bender  8)

I am sure the problems you noticed will be dealt with in a speedy manner, as a user of MxControl myself I would like to thank you on my own behalf , no other site has the open source code examples that have been helping others in the community get a grip on programming.

Cheers for keeping the faith with those who use the site, its demise would have made this xmas a bad time for all.

We await the return of the site and I urge all users to be patient while Bender, Zhen and the others look to the sites future and how best to keep it a great place for us all to use.  8)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 07:59:13 pm »
MXControl is a good site, its informative, helpful, the scripts and designers was the best, the only problem i see was the rules was too strict, i felt intimidated by the mods & admins and afraid to post incase i recieved more warnings & points against me, as im sure everyone else did too, if they lighten up a little, it was second to none.
lets hope we can have our MXControl back without the prison guard rules, lets just keep a good thing going please.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 08:32:38 pm »
I honestly believe some of the protection was put in place to protect the users from forum spamming etc and at least one site hack, I,m sure there will be a detailed discussion to decide how best to proceed soon enough.

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »
Hummmmm thanks Bender for these informations! Then it's not destroyed  :D

If you want to speak with me, I've gave you my email in a pm.

Max is right! I think the forum is too restrictive but you know, Bender and Zhen are admins before me and if they doing something, I will let them  8)

I'm just there to watch, to help users, creating programs etc...
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23:58 pm »
Ghost Ship, it wasnt the anti spamming or anti hacking, it was the stringent rules, like forget the metis tags or use code tags by mistake and you got a warning and 1 point againts you, then you was intimidated by constant postiongs showing the members that had points against them like we are naughty school children, i was an advanced member  but i didnt want to post anymore due to this dormatory punishment and humiliation, im sure im not the only one that felt like this, also collect 10 points (10 mistakes) and your banned.

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 09:28:09 pm »
I've never added bad points to users  :P

I don't really like that  :(

Offline Zhen-Xlogic

• Core
  • Wasting Disk Space Since 1986
    • MXCoders
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 10:06:53 pm »
Don't panic :-)

Hi there,

before closing down the site I made a full backup!
The site will reopen if

A) I find the time
B) or IF I find a webmaster who is willing to manage the site on sourceforge.net withouth inforcing registration or other bullshit to the user. (You will need a sourceforge account) Send a mail to bender979@yahoo.de if you are willing to take the job ;-)

As said on the temporary placeholder on mxcontrol.sf.net MXControl was aimed to be a FREE and OPEN community. That is why I chose Opensource licenses for my programs and tools.

MXControl will life on folks.

Sincerly,
Bender - The allmighty god of MXControl  :lol:
---------

BTW i panic when i wake up and i show me MSN flooded from messages... when i see what happen i cry...
Thanks for the Backup i notice that all files and db are backuped!
You dont have time but me have time and thats why i agree to recreate the site and do all this work!
As your Choice MXControl is FREE and OPEN Source Community. Belive you dont like the Guest Message well for this in the new site you want to register to post only to see Topic\Download\Polls and other section is FREE and OPEN to reply in topic is for register user! When i take the site of the KM Host i take it like this way! and after some time i made it in this way! as i take! In the first time of MXControl Ver 3 i have change all the premission to Register because as you know the Google\Yahoo and other bots is flood the page after i find the solution is changed.

After reading through the thread.

I did not intend to piss anyone off. The way I closed down the site was may be a little hasty but this is due my having very little time (Work work work).

I temporarily removed all admins until I have time to speak to them to resolve the problems I find in the last working design of the site.

AND

I appologize to Zhen-Xlogic. I know you spend a lot of time in the new site and design and that work is not lost. If you are still willing to admin the site and keep it more open I'd be very happy.

Thanks for that Bender you see i spend a lot of time in the new site AND YES IM WILING TO ADMIN THE SITE AND KEEP IT OPEN MORE AND MORE!!!
I will send you a e-mail now in the next mins to give me your ideas and the problem you have founded to find a medile solutuion about that Bender.

Thanks  :wink: 8)
[Packet Type:2][Packet Length:2][Data:X]

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MxControl Disaster

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx