gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:41:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  About Our List of Fakes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: About Our List of Fakes  (Read 13148 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
About Our List of Fakes
« on: April 30, 2005, 04:44:18 am »
I am keeping this list of artists that are being flooded by the RIAA and their cronies in WinMX.   They are listed in abc order and this list is updated on a regular basis.  If you already have these artists....PLEASE SHARE   :D

List moved to THIS THREAD

If the artist your looking for is on this list, there is a good chance the tracks you want are being flooded with fakes.  

One way to avoid this you can use OpenNap.  If you need instruction on how to use OpenNap go to: How to set up OpenNap

If your haveing problems with any of these files you can also go to our new site that works with WinMX to get Real files by they're HASH Id numbers.  P2P-Revolution.

Another simple trick that works to get a Real file is to put ther artist in the first bar of your search and a -c: in the second bar, then click on search.  Once you have a file that is working ie: downloading or qued (as the fakes dont do this), go to the file in your transfers screen and "right click' then choose Search For Alternatives.  This takes you back to the search screen with the artist and that file's ID (HASH) number.  This will hopefully find even more sources of the file your looking for so just click on them and download.  If you need to know more about this little trick click Here

I would ask that once you have gotten any of these artists that you please share and see the P2P-Revolution site for way you can send in Hash numbers of the files you are sharing too,  so that we can continue in the great Community that is WinMX.

Happy Hunting :wink:

CornHolio

About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:54:33 pm »
This list is USELESS!!

Ip.nrs. is what we need in order to be able to BAN those from the opennap networks and you can count on me that i WILL ban them as soon as i have them!

Greetings
CornHolio

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:53:25 pm »
Hello Corn Holio :>
Its great to have your input on this, keep in mind this list is just a reference, not designed to do anything except help ppl that dont know if a artist they have been looking for is targeted or not.

As for blocking these RIAA rats..
Use Peerguardian.. its a great P2P firewall and i never run my pc without it.
To get Peerguardian 2 and how to use click: HERE

Welcome to the forum and hope this helps anyone wondering what this list is actually for  :wink:

Anonymous

About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 08:15:56 pm »
Quote from: me here

Use Peerguardian.. its a great P2P firewall and i never run my pc without it.

I've been running a network for 3 years now and i'm "around" on opennap for about 6 years now, using napster, various versions of winmx as from v2.11, audiognome, teknap and now with winlop, i think i should know how things work by now and i can tell you one thing, the peerguardian firewall has INNOCENT ip.nrs. in their lists so i will not use it.

I have a list of ipranges banned on my network and the only way to find out about real and serious riaa like network abusers is to investigate myself and getting the information from other server/network owners.

Greetings,
CornHolio

Scyre

Hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 08:47:40 pm »
Well, I won't debate the peer guardian issue, I just started using it myself within the last month...verdict is still out lol

I will say however, Every hash I have gotten from p2p-revolution.com has been legit so far. I would reccomend it for sure.

Also, when searching sometimes it helps to skip the first section of results and go down to where the multiple users start again......

And keep an eye on the list of user names you will quickly see multiples of names all the way down the list...

When in doubt do a whois on them... You can almost bet they will have 3000 files listed as the number of shares....

To all those who have been looking for me for the last few months, I miss you all and much PIE to you :P

BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Scyre

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
l
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 09:27:01 pm »
i think there are alot more artists than the list plus the movies!
- Josh

KM

About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 09:36:11 pm »
unfortunately there's no way to know if something is being flooded other than to try it

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 10:40:50 pm »
Are you guys for real ?
Please take the time to understand that every flooder is checked in a very time consuming manner for every file they flood, all those that have more than five 5 copies of anything make the list.
As this is so time consuming, volunteers for other media would be most welcome as the mp3 sector is one of the largest it has received priority treatment.

Scyre

Flooders
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 03:05:41 pm »
Well, I can tell you right off that just as many movie\video files are being flooded\targeted now... Do a search for Omen for instance...almost everything that comes up is fake. Just for fun I loked up the IP addys that were associated with the users, and was astounded!

These are the IPs of the first 6 users I tried:

They are all from different areas entirely!

The only way that this is possible in my opinion, is that it is a concerted effort on the part of either a large organization (Such as the church(!) of Sci entology, who happens to own most of Hollywood\Film industry) or the coordination of different governments throughout the world...Which is far less likely

It is a well known fact that the previously named cult has been taking over (by strong arm tactics) Many of the corporations and media in the last couple of decades... They have MANY members worldwide and are easily capable of an effort such as this...

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but do a little research... Just BEWARE, they are masters of manipulation and mind twisting, so do your research on NON-affiliated sites!

Good places to start: do a search on the 'fishman affidavit' or search for 'karin spaink' also take a look at scien tology-kills.org (Without the space in it...That is so this page doesn't turn up in a search for that word on the internet...I would hate for this site to be targeted by them to be shut down....

Best regards, and BE GOOD!  :P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 03:29:23 pm »
Having undertaken a larger exercise over two weeks Scyre I believe you,ll find a good proportion of the web companies that do this are Japanese based.
Sony are a major player along with other major Japanese electronics corporations that own more than a small peice of the hollywood cake, its a straight investment to them.
The Japanese P2P region has more files online at any one time than anywhere else in the world (97% availability) so you can see why this would be so, I think they should rethink the strategy of targetting innoncent people who type in a keyword and are knocked off the network by a denial of service attack.

I have read about scientology and obviously if folks feel empowered by its courses thats their choice, I cant single them out for any special treatment, pro or anti..

KM

About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 04:51:17 pm »
in terms of the newbie user the fake flooding in this obvious way is a problem, but its not too hard to sort by users (or use whatever method you want to spot the fakes) and simply get a real one from the list with a little knowlage... i think the biggest problem are several real files that are being targeted in less obvious ways

example: song1 is being flooded by fake files, so people avoid the fake and go for the real ones - not a problem
song2 isn't being flooded so users just pick one of the real files and add it to their transfers, winmx automatically searches for other files with the same hash and finds "song1.mp3" has the same hash as that file, so it adds all the sources...

its not an immedietly obvious problem, but i think it is a major issue. If people can see there are loads of fakes and avoid them then it doesn't matter much - they just do that. If they go for real files, and the downloads dont work... they get a little pissed off

short term their current "flood loads of fakes" strategy is better, but in doing that they are also doing the second thing of targeting other files using a more long term method - damn them

who the hell is their head of programming making programs that do things like this? i think he should talk to google about getting a job there, he's obviously too smart to have working for "them" (erm, or to be politically correct... he or she :-P)

Anonymous

Re: Flooders
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 06:25:15 am »
Quote from: Scyre
Well, I can tell you right off that just as many movie\video files are being flooded\targeted now... Do a search for Omen for instance...almost everything that comes up is fake. Just for fun I loked up the IP addys that were associated with the users, and was astounded!

These are the IPs of the first 6 users I tried:

They are all from different areas entirely!

cut

You are right, all of them are from different regions
80.222.112.111 finland
151.44.83.16 Italy
61.21.25.217 Japan
61.92.228.234 Hong Kong
82.36.131.53 United Kingdom
220.109.63.123 Japan

BUT, all of them are simply regular dsl or cable lines wich prolly also means they are dynamic. If you're going to block these ip.nrs. then it's highly likely that tomorrow another (innocent?) user will be affected by it.

I also wonder if these came from wpnp or opennap because i can imagine the wpnp being flooded by lots and lots of real asshole leeches who are sharing lots and lots of fake files just to have their way around MXM and Leechhammer because there's totally no control on the wpnp.

Greetings,
CornHolio

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 08:49:38 am »
Interesting posts, with the video related market, yes the strategy of hiding the servers hosting fakes amongst ordinary users IP ranges is a flawed one because the faster and more powerful servers create more havok on the network, and thats the reason it may not be a successful or as damaging as the Mp3 campaign.
The strategy of low key, behind this has nothing to do with WinMx at all, its just Bit Torrent is the preffered method of transportation of large files currently.

I also wonder if these came from wpnp or opennap because i can imagine the wpnp being flooded by lots and lots of real asshole leeches who are sharing lots and lots of fake files just to have their way around MXM and Leechhammer because there's totally no control on the wpnp.

I dont think that is the case, you need to be checking the flooding yourself to see the the error of what you have said here.
If you think 8500 results on a single search, is a few guys trying to defeat MxMoni or leechhammer then I ask you to please take another more detailed look.

smokey6446

should i
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 01:19:38 am »
Im not experienced enough to know exactly what you ppl are talking about when it comes to flooding, Ip's , and so on. Being that i am lacking in the knowlage of these subjects, should I download one of these patches ive seen to get my winmx back or should i back off till the smoke clears?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 01:23:50 am »
I think you should download the patch on the front page now.. its easy and safe..

Then come by our room we have on WinMX ..

WinMxWorld.com  

And we can teach you about the fakes, the IPS, and the roll the RIAA plays in it all, also what concerns you should be aware of.  
I can tell you the WinMX network is working in the same manner it ever was and the RIAA is not a threat to you as an individual but to the network as a whole..

smokey6446

ty
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 01:30:10 am »
thanks for the quik reply, im gonna try and hope for the best. Im not worried about legallitys, im just worried about screwing my computer up, and or wasting my time.  Thanks for your help Me Here. Ill let you know if I screw it up. lol

smokey6446

retarded
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 02:07:15 am »
well, i tried to download the patch on the front page and it still dosnt connect me :cry:  It asked me what i wanted to open it with and i used winmx. what now?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 02:49:03 am »
Hi Smokey, it looks like your getting the wrong end of the stick, this is not a file the user runs , its a special types that the computer uses to add extra functions or instructions.

What you need to do is right click the file and select "save as"  

and then a box will open so you can select the path to save it directly this is c:\program files\winmx    in most machines.

Heres a how to  https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/kms_patch.html

I hope that helps you  :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
About Our List of Fakes
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 02:49:23 am »
Follow these steps.. this file isnt meant to be opened by anything..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/kms_patch.html

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
BayTSP Inc. - Fake File Flooders & trackers
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 05:06:18 pm »
Quote from: BayTSP
To date, the most effective strategy to combat Internet piracy has been to employ interdiction systems to flood the networks with spoofed files, and to monitor and take action against individuals who make genuine pirated copies available for download. Interdiction efforts are often overwhelmed within days or weeks of a product release, leaving monitoring and enforcement as the only long-term option to protect intellectual property on the Internet.  FirstSource is an extension of BayTSP’s monitoring and enforcement service now being used by the entertainment industry, software companies, videogame makers and Fortune 500 firms. FirstSource identifies the very first individuals who upload pirated intellectual property onto the eDonkey and Bit Torrent networks, tracks all users who download the original copies, and collects court-tested evidence that allows clients to demonstrate financial damages resulting from intellectual property piracy.

http://www.baytsp.com/downloads2/Bay_FirstSource_2p.pdf

If they are going to brag about fake file flood attacks, maybe they need to be monitored and criminal charges brought against them.  Theie webpage is an interesting read..

Canonical name: www.baytsp.net
Aliases:   www.baytsp.com
Addresses:   216.133.204.228

OrgName:    Epoch Networks
OrgID:      EPSO
Address:    555 Anton Blvd
City:       Costa Mesa
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 92626

NetRange:   216.132.0.0 - 216.133.223.255
CIDR:       216.132.0.0/16, 216.133.0.0/17, 216.133.128.0/18, 216.133.192.0/19
NetName:    ENI-BLK5
NetHandle:  NET-216-132-0-0-1
Parent:     NET-216-0-0-0-0

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  About Our List of Fakes

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx