gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 02:35:29 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!  (Read 31407 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2005, 08:13:58 pm »
Talamascan,
Very True   :wink:

foupunk,
Go to the first post on this thread and download the autoinstaller for your 98 system..

Bobster

Thanks so much
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2005, 11:07:07 pm »
You guys are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for enabling me to my music...Much appreciated :P --Win XP--Works great

bedardt

Are you still trouble free or are you having problems?
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2005, 09:32:29 pm »
happy guest

WinMX Lover

can't get connected
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2005, 11:40:29 pm »
I tried every patch(manual & auto install). can't rename,change,delete or write to old hosts file. I am running windows ME. Get errors with every patch, tried the dll in winmx & mx wouldn't even open, deleted dll & can open mx.Tried opening new hosts(in notepad), copy, & paste in old hosts file & nothing works. Please help.

WinMX Lover

Re: Are you still trouble free or are you having problems?
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2005, 02:03:36 am »
Quote from: bedardt
happy guest

Still nothing

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2005, 03:13:51 am »
WinMX Lover,
Your on ME so the .dll wont work on your system yet, KM is working on a patch that will.. For now

Go to your hosts file and right click and choose properties.. then at the bottom make sure that only the 'Archive' option is ticked.  This should allow you to modify your hosts file.  Then you should be able to go to here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/hosts_file_for_me_98.html

Follow thost instructions and let me know how that goes for you..

we are in the process of updating that hosts file installer so if you could give it a hour before you download it that would be great.

Anonymous

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2005, 05:13:19 am »
Quote from: me here
WinMX Lover,
Your on ME so the .dll wont work on your system yet, KM is working on a patch that will.. For now

Go to your hosts file and right click and choose properties.. then at the bottom make sure that only the 'Archive' option is ticked.  This should allow you to modify your hosts file.  Then you should be able to go to here:

we are in the process of updating that hosts file installer so if you could give it a hour before you download it that would be great.

The hosts file is on archive, I aways get error trying to do anything with it(error:may be using with another program). Do I have to unclick hide protected files(recommended) in folder options? (read this somewhere)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2005, 06:16:37 am »
Yes I would recommend you to do that esp if your not finding a hosts file in you C:\windows  folder for 98/ME users..

sandijv9

i think i did something wrong
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2005, 02:32:25 pm »
i had winmx, but i have a different pc now. i did what i was supposed to i think and cant get it to connect(i had it two weeks ago) and i cant get into your room either

Anonymous

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2005, 06:30:08 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: me here
WinMX Lover,

The hosts file is on archive, I aways get error trying to do anything with it(error:may be using with another program). Do I have to unclick hide protected files(recommended) in folder options? (read this somewhere)

I tried new hosts installer for win 98/ME. Still get error:cannot write to C:/windows/hosts. I don't know why but no luck yet, any other suggestions? Thanks

Anonymous

Re: New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a butt
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2005, 08:52:25 pm »
god damn your patch doesn't work. And I am getting pissed of can you fix it . Peace Josh

Anonymous

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2005, 11:14:43 am »
Thanks, I clicked on the link and my Winmx is working as good as before!  Lucky I found this as I was away to delete and try and download Winmx again!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2005, 03:10:04 pm »
For anyone still having troubles with connecting please use this info for 98/ME/2000/XP... all windows operating systems..

Not only has KM fixed the issue with the crashes he has also created a *.dll that works with your 98/ME systems so that you can get the same great speeds connecting that the WinMX once had..

The fix for the crashing and the 98/ME users patch are all in the same installer located here:

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

Just follow the instructions that go along with this installation as you go. and restart WinMX...

Keep in mind that this .DLL for 98/ME has no block list function and all primary users on those systems should be using Sherwood, found in our forum under Other Software..

Thanks to KM for getting  this done so that all users can get online fast and easy..

guywilltrade

winmx
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2005, 09:59:11 am »
well done for thinking of this.works fine again.ive missed winmx so much.once again well done,your ace.

Gennece

Thanks for the patch
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2005, 01:41:41 am »
Works great and so easy. :D

death

help
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2005, 08:19:43 am »
this thing says it's done but doesn't let me connect whats up with that

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2005, 08:33:35 am »
Death

Get the latest Patch from here:

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

Install that then reboot your machine and start WinMX,

Let me know if you have any troubles..

WinMX Alive and Well
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2005, 08:18:53 pm »
Thanx to the patch developer.  I've been trying to connect for a couple of weeks, and it only occurred to me today that maybe the site was down/moved.  Downloaded the XP patch, and made a primary connection in seconds.

rottieluvr2

wont work josh
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2005, 03:53:48 am »
ive tried and cant get it to connect .i have windows 98, help me?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2005, 05:17:22 am »
The 1.9 patch will work fine on Windows 98, remember to set this option when you use the installer or you may have problems NT is for XP,Win2k etc and Win9X is what you require, although It should detect this automatically..

https://www.winmxgroup.com/

Give this another try and let me know what action you have taken other than running this patch so I can help you further.  :?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx