gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 04:21:33 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!  (Read 31410 times)

tm2001

New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2005, 04:38:13 pm »
its not that I loose the connection its just that is seems awfully slow.. and sometimes hwen I search it takes quite awhile til anything appears. I looked on page 1 and . if the patch you are asking me to try is the one at the very top of page 1 of this site that is the one I used. or is there another. all inall Im soooo. happy to be back in minmx world.   tm :lol:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2005, 05:30:01 pm »
Okay great !

Have a look in the help sections esp the parts about avoiding fakes.. this should help and also keep in mind that until recently people  where advised not to share..so things are slowly getting back to normal..

Thanks

popcorn

no connection on winmx
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2005, 08:20:42 pm »
iv tryed the patch and re started the p.c but i stilcanot get winmx ,and im not very computer minded

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2005, 08:38:52 pm »
Okay Popcorn,

Tell me some things about yourself.. lol

What Patch are you trying to install? Tell me the link you downloaded it from.
What operating system do you have on your computer?
Are you usually on a primary or secondary connection to WInMX?

Post these and I will try to help you out..

thanks .

tm2001

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2005, 09:55:48 pm »
is me here there ??  its me tm2001 again. I just got a chance to check my downloads and I was disconnected and it was in the process of reconnecting to the server as all my ques timed out.

I used the patch on the front page of this forum and it said patch successful. I got one full movie to download and qued up some more videos and had to leave.

when I came back thats when I caught it ..I noticed all my ques were timing out and I saw that I was in the process of reconnecting to the server.

so something wrong . can anyone help ??  it seems to me that I get connected but they will not STAY connected. ???  I am not a real whiz at this stuff either but I think I could get it to work right with some help.

Im running windows me and have cable internet with a router that supplies my other pc upstairs that has no winmx.

it also seems like no one can stay connected to me either. the most Ive seen anyone finish is 3 songs and then they get disconnected or just disapear.  

this may just a matter of setting a few adjustments in the setup wizard I dont know ???  

:( can anyone help ???  tm

tm2001

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2005, 10:27:40 pm »
me here

help me if you have time ....  its tm2001.

I am having problems. the winmx system is disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. and sice its doing this I cant stay connected to an upload and most of my downloads time out. I have been able to download some and am now but, somethings wrong. :::edit:::

Edited to protect your email.. i have you now~~ Me

Anonymous

Re: To those having issues installing the patch.
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2005, 11:00:51 pm »
I have same SPYBOT prob.  How did you " re-add the Spybot hosts file ".  Sorry for the basic question. Thanks

del

SPYBOT fix
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2005, 11:04:07 pm »
dale1965
Oooops, i meant to reply to you but added to main forum. I have same SPYBOT prob. How did you " re-add the Spybot hosts file ". Sorry for the basic question. Thanks

Syk

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2005, 04:44:20 am »
tm2k1, that used to happen to me all the time before the whole lawsuit bs, & I haven't got round to using any of the fixes yet. I think it's just how secondary connections work - is that what you're using? Did you have that same problem, before the peer caches went down?

Kef Libertine

uploads
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2005, 05:17:43 am »
still can't upload to anuone, just times out. XPpro

Laura123

winmx patch
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2005, 07:44:06 pm »
i tried it and it doesnt work :'( what do i do? i need winmx to survive!!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2005, 08:04:55 pm »
Kef Libertine wrote:
still can't upload to anuone, just times out. XPpro

The patches and fixes have NO effect on uploads or downloads.  Please make sure that your allowing WInMX ports through your firewall or router.
You can find all the information you need in our Tutorials section on firewalls or routers...

Laura123 wrote:
i tried it and it doesnt work :'( what do i do? i need winmx to survive!!

I need you to be more specific to help you.. Tried what? what operating system are you using?

Thanks..

Me

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2005, 08:49:35 pm »
I have same SPYBOT prob. How did you " re-add the Spybot hosts file ". Sorry for the basic question. Thanks

Open spybot, use spybot in the advanced mode, to do this click mode at the top, then click advanced mode.
To re-add the spybot host file block list go to the tools options, then click host file, then click add Spybot S&D host list.

Anonymous

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2005, 07:58:15 am »
Hello guys,

I've been using WinMX for about a year and half, and very happily. Few days ago suddenly coudn't connect, tried every day. I thought the connection was lost forever thanx to virus (haven't realised the system was down).
I have very basic pc skills, but it took me only 1/2 an hour to re-connect after reading some messages on google groups.

What I'd like to say is BIG THANK YOU for looking after us and for your help!
WINMX FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

purplestar

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2005, 12:54:45 pm »
I have had real problems trying to re-connect.  I found a patch elsewhere which let me connect back to win mx.  I tried this patch but it just stopped the connection working again?

The patch that worked to get a connection was at http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches.php

Kef Libertine

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2005, 05:44:06 pm »
will be more specific "me here". running 3.53 w/mxm, XPpro, don't believe its a firewall etc prob. never has been B4 and nothing is diff there. I hook but ULs start with good BW, then within 10 minz go to zero. from then all just time out. reboot and back to start, then back to zero. have a commercial conn and used to ULing @ 100 KBs. getting real frustrating to trade. any ideas?  thx
p.s. on rr if that makes a diff

wreford924

unavailable
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2005, 06:51:21 pm »
useing windows xp cannot use winmix

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2005, 07:08:12 pm »
Look at the front page for instructions on connecting with our new patch..
It works great with xp

https://www.winmxworld.com/

Lucas

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2005, 02:07:07 am »
i do it the what you recomend me   but don't get  connect    How Can I have to restart winmx  how do it this?     I have System Windows 98  is is good for patch My WinMx?

scott

winmx
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2005, 04:27:57 pm »
just downloaded patch were back on line .. smokin!!!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  New Program! Patch your Host File With a click of a button!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx