gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 06:52:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WinMX going downhill?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX going downhill?  (Read 7710 times)

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
Re: WinMX going downhill?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 05:40:33 am »
 Ive said in the past the only way i have of compairing what files are here now to what was last year is by searching a few files i use time and time againg to guage results. Ive seen a drop of as much as 75% results to as little as 25% results.

I understand you nor i have any control over what files people share and cant see why people would just up and decide not to share the same mp3 files at one time so the only thing that is left to think is these people have left winmx alltogether.

we have lost many members of our room over the last 2 years and weve made some up by new members but nothing like it once was. Ive seen many rooms close and new rooms open over the years.

Every time some one brings up the fall in results in searches for files or the looseing of members in a chat room so many here come back at them with a bunch of name calling saying they are gloom and doom, trying to bring down mx sorry i dont see it that way .i see it as people that are conserned about winmx and looking for and asking others for ideas on what to do to help fix it. Im sorry ive been useing winmx for many years and dont need to ask how to set up a chat rookm or a bot or what ports to open or any of the other things you help with here. What is important is makeing mx stronger and that takes asking the questions that km and others here dont want to take on , they just turn it to a your saying mx is crap.Your trying to hurt mx.If you dont know of any thing we can do to help these things just say it dont try to turn it around to make the people that ask these questions the bad guy.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 07:04:06 am »
Nobody is refusing to take these questions on, i don't have access to accurate stats on how many users are on the network, but i'm prepared to take the word of those who have that they're growing.

As to what ppl share, searching for the same thing to determine it over a period of time has an inherant problem as a method:
The majority of users of WinMX (and any other P2P) are likely to be teenagers.. this kind of user will tend to share what's popular THIS WEEK, rather than what you searched six months ago...

The numbers in chatrooms is also a side issue, the reason it's not a guide to the userbase (many don't use chat) has been stated many times, but there's also another factor affecting alleged "declining numbers" (which btw i have NOT observed in my own room) which is, it has become VERY much simpler to host a room than it used to be, this means everyone & his uncle tom seems to be hosting, the number of users USING chat just isn't keeping pace with the increase in new rooms.

As to what to do about any of this, the best thing to do is & always has been, to shout from the rooftops how good winmx is.. the only p2p where fakes are BEATEN.. tell all youir friends, more users are good for everyone, though even then, don't expect the rooms to show dramatic boosts in users, it's more likely to show a longer list of rooms...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 07:39:39 am »
well i tried to get some advertising done using our own sites and MySpace's as ppl have them, lost of them
did i get a responce from it ????   no  cos ppl r too bloody busy scrathing their backsides to bother in helping WinMX  i trid to appeal to people and all i got was IGNORED
so now im thinking  why bother?  nobody else is

there are 3 types here
1. the lazy users... they sit there and do nothing but complain
2. the real users... they try to come up with ideas to improve WinMX
3. the politicians... they tell us its brilliant & never been better, no need to think of ideas

well we DO need to think of ideas, because no matter how good you think WinMX is, We Want It To Be Better

im now thinking im banging my head on the desk.
enough said,

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 07:54:22 am »
I don't think there are any problems with gettting ideaas, the problem is with implementing them. That's where most problems can be.
I have actually found an increase in the users with my files...
Two examples:
I happened to be wanting a documentary series full thirty episodes. On searches you'd be lucky to get 4 users.
But using find sources now, I never fail to reach 15 users atleast.
About five months ago, I was lucky to get about 5 users on the very same series.

There was a certain video file which I wanted, which had only one source... I never got the file. A tried again last week and now I get 12 sources for it...
These are video files.

For new members, keep advertising ... Keep messaging users in your queue. "If you want more of such files, please come here..."

I usually do this for my speeches an I'd say I get about a 1 in 5 positive feedback, keeping in mind that most are not there to babysit winmx 24x7

In all my emails, I use te signature of "winmx...the best P2P ever, get it at www.winmxwroup.com"

In all the forums I've ever posted (not that there are many though) , I put winmx on my profile...

Again results are a bit unreliable. depends on the primary you are connected to, etc. find sources about 3-4 times+ a couple of primary refreshes get me many more users than search results...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 08:06:33 am »
well i tried to get some advertising done using our own sites and MySpace's as ppl have them, lost of them
did i get a responce from it ????   no  cos ppl r too bloody busy scrathing their backsides to bother in helping WinMX  i trid to appeal to people and all i got was IGNORED
so now im thinking  why bother?  nobody else is

there are 3 types here
1. the lazy users... they sit there and do nothing but complain
2. the real users... they try to come up with ideas to improve WinMX
3. the politicians... they tell us its brilliant & never been better, no need to think of ideas

well we DO need to think of ideas, because no matter how good you think WinMX is, We Want It To Be Better

im now thinking im banging my head on the desk.
enough said,

well if you'd spelled respnse correctly you might have got one, of COURSE you didn't get a "responce" there isn't such a word....

you also missed off users who're too busy to jump just because YOU'D like them to, my site IS winmx oriented, & i don't have (or intend to set up) a myspace, they deleted my msn profile without warning or asking.. i'm not wasting time on a myspace for them to delete..

if you want winmx advertised.. go do it problems are best solved by those who see them

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 11:30:55 am »
well that just about sums up the attitude here ehh .....pick up on typos undermine  posts and telling people who ARE putting in a huge effort to go do it themselves (lame and condescending to pick up on typos btw)

you forgot     agree with us and be quiet because we are never wrong   bearded....because that is the general responce to ppl that have any negatives to bring up about winmx on here

or perhaps .....we will do our best to belittle you when you don't go along with our views.

no one was asked to
jump
at all they was asked to add winmx to there myspace (not cut off a limb) as so many people have there own myspace these days and there is so much untapped potential on there
a request that went wholly ignored (even though its not such a complicated thing to do or to much to ask of people that use winmx)

perhaps we should add the names nobby or vladd into posts that way they get a four page responce (something that is a complete meaningless waste of time) doesn't seem to be a problem for people to "jump" then does it ?

also
it has become VERY much simpler to host a room than it used to be
as i remember it we used to add a roomname, click host then add the motd ( although people are better informed thanks to this site and its users as to hosting issues)

no one wants to bring down winmx...we all have a common goal and that's to improve on it and build it up to be the best p2p ever.... not live off of what it used to be but to push for what it CAN be ....or am i missing the point here?
its not about conspiracy theories its about a passion for winmx and its future

before you mention it ghost i am not here just to argue or be doom and gloom  ( i really am this annoying lol ) i am here purely because i care & posting as i do it gains a reaction and debate on the matters mentioned

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 11:52:19 am »
thanks for poining out my typing errors B/Blunder
1. i cant spell, but i do my best
2. i try to help people in WinMX and in all aspects of PC's, its what i do best
3. i have tried to get motivating people in here too to give them a reason to encorage more people to use us
4. so what if i dont type perfectly, at least i try.

think i will stop posting in here, due to the fact i will get ridiculed for helping someone, thanks for pissing me off

bye

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 01:39:20 pm »
you forgot     agree with us and be quiet because we are never wrong   bearded....because that is the general responce to ppl that have any negatives to bring up about winmx on here
or perhaps .....we will do our best to belittle you when you don't go along with our views.

If that's they way you think it is, then mabye you just don't read. How many other topics about other issues are also brought up? How many users keep posting for other issues which re adressed in a short period of time?
You are the only one saying " you belittle us". When has there ever been an action form your side?

no one was asked to
jump
at all they was asked to add winmx to there myspace (not cut off a limb) as so many people have there own myspace these days and there is so much untapped potential on there
a request that went wholly ignored (even though its not such a complicated thing to do or to much to ask of people that use winmx)

You are :

1.> Worngly assuming that most users will agree to you.

2.> Many users on winmx have myspace accounts. How many my space will have? say 1 million? And how many winmx users will be there? Mabye about 0.1%, which makes it about 1000 users.

3.> Most people who have acounts will actually put up the logo's on their my spaces profiles. Why the hell must they?
A decent proportion will simply move to limewire or bittorrent should winmx go poof again...

4.> You keep saying "Only mods agree" well, how many regulars are there from the 5724 members on the site, considering that only 800 have even made a single post.
Doesn't that indicate that most users simply don't want to bother with promoting winmx, let alone helping others (I'm not saying they don't want to, simply they are too busy to want to do so)

5.> You keep rubbishing km's stats which are the only ones of winmx in the world.

6.> Your arguements are based solely on the drop in chat rooms, When winmx came back, it lost a huge proportion of it's users yet only about a third of the chat users...

7.> Why keep jabbing the issue asking for an out of the world solution? Tiny has started his advertisement site , who not have some action insead of only posts?

Thus far the arguements and debates have only been between the so called "mods" and you.
Few others post. Why keep implying that a dictatorship is run here? when it isn't? The absence of other users not posting, it seems, is our fault...

Max please no bold and you forgot a big class of users.
The ones who use winmx and don't care what happens on this site and who don't care about the work behind the scenes...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 04:05:59 pm »
reading sams post above confirms my point exactly

When has there ever been an action form your side
if this is the case why are your feathers getting so ruffled ?
as it happens i put a hell of a lot of time into winmx and promoting it as well as helping many people along the way advertising it in my rooms and sites and posting here with the views of people when they have been expressed as well as helping out on several  forums etc ( you haven't got the monopoly on taking action)

because that is the general responce to ppl that have any negatives to bring up about winmx on here
it never mentioned other issues so perhaps its yourself that might like to take the time to read properly instead sam

You are :

1.> Worngly assuming that most users will agree to you.

2.> Many users on winmx have myspace accounts. How many my space will have? say 1 million? And how many winmx users will be there? Mabye about 0.1%, which makes it about 1000 users.

3.> Most people who have acounts will actually put up the logo's on their my spaces profiles. Why the hell must they?
A decent proportion will simply move to limewire or bittorrent should winmx go poof again...

4.> You keep saying "Only mods agree" well, how many regulars are there from the 5724 members on the site, considering that only 800 have even made a single post.
Doesn't that indicate that most users simply don't want to bother with promoting winmx, let alone helping others (I'm not saying they don't want to, simply they are too busy to want to do so)

5.> You keep rubbishing km's stats which are the only ones of winmx in the world.

6.> Your arguements are based solely on the drop in chat rooms, When winmx came back, it lost a huge proportion of it's users yet only about a third of the chat users...

7.> Why keep jabbing the issue asking for an out of the world solution? Tiny has started his advertisement site , who not have some action insead of only posts?

Thus far the arguements and debates have only been between the so called "mods" and you.
Few others post. Why keep implying that a dictatorship is run here? when it isn't? The absence of other users not posting, it seems, is our fault...

item 1  you also are assuming that they don't ( even though plenty have expressed views and concerns)

item 2  i take it these stats are unverified and unsubstantiated (besides the fact it was a idea to get word out something i thought we was supposed to be addressing in any way possible) is it any less worthless than making up random sites that in the main will only get viewed by people that are here or on winmx already ?

item 3  no one is forcing people to do it it was a request/idea  not a  order ( something that people here have been calling out for IDEAS )
" A decent proportion will simply move to limewire or bittorrent should winmx go poof again"     if that's the concensus then perhaps they will especially when supervisors here are not sure even if winmx will last

item 4  perhaps those people don't post because they see what happens when they do and are not agreed with ? ( people dont want to be portrayed as fools just for posting there opinions after all )
"Doesn't that indicate that most users simply don't want to bother with promoting winmx" it indicates that they cant be assed to as for not having time why bother in the 1st place ( they find the time to d/load for free though)

item 5  how can i rubbish stats that no one gets to see ? ( i as well as others are pointing out things as we actually see them on and around winmx) we have been told everythings on the up but see little to suggest that and this forum is littered with posts from people asking about lack of files and users etc

item 6  they are based on many things not just the rooms  perhaps it is you sam that doesn't read  ( people in glass houses etc)

item 7 this is based on no fact whatsoever on your part about what action i take ( besides the fact most of us have sites that advertise anyway and do as much as possible to push winmx out there)
i thought posting here was trying to get action taken as well by people far better equipped than myself to do so (afterall when people see action being taken they tend to do so themselves as well) but i guess that was a oversite on my part and posts here are not welcome as they are so quick to be rubbished ( seem to remember another winmx site that used to do that also when views were diffrent to theirs)

i beg to differ on that sam (btw where does the "so called" come from as either they are or there not admins here?) there have been posts from several other people in responce to what i have said (or perhaps they agree and don't post because they see the tone of replies to anything said negative against winmx)

Why keep implying that a dictatorship is run here? when it isn't

well the fact  that winmx comes down to one person and one only and what they say goes or they will pull the plug would suggest differently ( especially when people disagree with things and was stated in earlier posts on here like splitting the network for example)

The absence of other users not posting, it seems, is our fault

no one said that.... it was suggested the admins might have some kind of input to ideas posted (and i am not talking just my own here)
rather than ignoring them after all it was you that said  "How many other topics about other issues are also brought up? How many users keep posting for other issues which re adressed in a short period of time"
so why not the ideas posts?

its all to easy to pull peoples posts apart and scrutinize every aspect of them but its a lot easier to perhaps have some kind of constructive input on what they have to say about things even if you may not agree with them in full that way they wont have cause to push back taking the same action
as max said
think i will stop posting in here
especialy as anything negative seems to be seen as a attack on winmx or doom and gloom or have ulterior motives and not constructive critisism
you don't have the monopoly on careing what happens to winmx but you do have the abilities to change things or at least entertain other peoples ideas 

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »
Before this gets too stupidly out of hand i'd just like to point out that i was attacked FIRST, for not doing stuff when i was not here to do it if you're going to accuse me of things i somehow did in my abscence, you can expect to be spanked & have your post pulled apart for it, i make NO apology for that, it's how i am

I'm not opposing you asking people to add links on myspace or anyplace else, but i DO object to being accused of apathy or opposition WHEN I SIMPLY WAS NOT F**KING HERE!!!

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 05:54:18 pm »
You all turning this into a disgracefull useless post that should have been importantand factual,

Grow the hell up peep's.

As a runner of a peer cache,(yes them tings that help you connect) I have seen steady increase in the number of user's using MY cache. I can not vouce or anyone else but i use a syslog demon that reports the use of my connection, This was purely set up so i could see the flooders attacking my connection a few months ago which we fought of and stood well.

SO i can tell you know that their is a steady growth in the amount of users using my cache(remember it is just one) so if their is a growth in my cache thier must be a steady growth in the other caches also I could show you a pic of the graph of the last 24 hours as kiwi syslog has one in it but i dont keep logs of ips never had and never will so cant look any further than that as that is just a counter of hits.

The oter thing you also need to be aware of is the time of day. Alot of people think that because you run winmx you should have it on 24 hours a day because you do, well people dont, at diffrent points in the day traffic spikes or falls off, usually about the time around the world in major countries when it comes up to an just after 5pm till about 8pm at night America time and then it falls off again, Why dont you try finding what you are looking for at peak times in the network working off the times of the diffrent countries i have posted above.

I hope i have at least shedded abit of my useless knowledge to you but please lets get this topic back on topic and stop bickering,

United we stand devided we fall springs to mind!
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 06:21:23 pm »
i agree tiny so does spitting the dummy spring to mind @ blunder as it was only in responce to your own post  attacking max personally about a pointless typo & telling people to go do it thereselves so if you wasn't here u best fire that post fairy that's been posting on Ur behalf

with that said I'm done here as this has become a useless post and did so as soon as personal attacks occurred in it

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 08:26:19 pm »
well max also missed off the type of user that has a busy life, & devoted MUCH time to helping on this site, always trying to give a considered resonSe, but were driven to the verge of a F**king nervous breakdown by JUST SUCH POINTLESS BITCHFIGHTS AS THIS THREAD

well screw this site, for the time being & until it's about WinMX i'm gone again, i WON'T be driven off my nut by idiots who accuse me of being political, or ignoring issues, when it was THOSE idiots & their ilk who drove me to needing a break in the first instance

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 08:46:14 pm »
 Wow looking back in this thread i see no caps used or fighting till you BB started posting. Maybe you need to see a DR. and have him up your meds.

Its geting to where if people dont just post a think you or a how great you are thread here they get jumped on and called a hate monger.I never thought id say this but its starting to be like another forum that come and gone.

I dont know Max from Dick but he was asking about ad's for mx and to help build the user base.He brought up the fact that it seams that there are less users now. Thats all he said ive wondered the same and so have many others. This being the only winmx forum thats left you would think you could ask a question about winmx with out being jumped on.

Maybe you could make a list of questions that we can ask about winmx that will not start a bunch of name calling and we will let it go at that.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 09:00:50 pm »
End this now and get it back on topic, i am sick to death of looking at this and you are bitching at each other still.

Any comment from now on will be about this topic or it will be locked and if it is started in a new thread i will see to it you wont be able to post again. Last warning grow the hell up!!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 10:28:21 pm »
Hmm there seems to be a whole heap of ruffled feathers flying on this topic, and thats a shame  :?

Many posters are  falling over each other to demand action from others, perhaps if we just told folks what we are doing and leave it to them to decided if they either support it or condemn it, we do have the voting facility and it may help if its used to gain vital information on the direction things need to take.

As Tiny suggests can we stop sniping at other folks when it has no relevance to the topic ?
I dont like to see all the energy that should be being used to help strengthen us wasted in futile efforts to save face or gain advantage in arguements, we are all here for one thing, to keep this network working and in use.
Thats the successful strategy we have been pursuing, its kept us afloat thus far, we all need to understand that if we want change we need to tread carefully and work as a team, all other ways to push matters forward are likely to see failure result and recriminations, something that no one wants. 

It matters not whether someone has worked hard to gain a modship here or are a regular or whether they are a new poster, all arguements should stand on their own merits, nothing will be gained by infighting and division amongst us. Ideas are still welcomed although no one guarantees to take them up, thats down to the community, our community

Can I suggest that to alleviate the public concern over the amount of files on the net we all increase our shares by a further 100 files, this can add many millions of files to the network in a matter of days if we spread the request far and wide, no one need do this if they have no wish to but its a sign of our commitment to each other if we do, this is something positive we can all take part in, success or failure of this scheme is now in our own hands.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 12:40:41 am »
The shares is a great idea, 6 slots open here now peeps and 800 files shared, beat that ;-)

Offline DeathfireD

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 04:26:37 am »
wow.....I didn't think so many people would post haha. So much hate in such a small community, that cant be good.

@SamSeeSam - I cant give you an accurate change in % but I can say it seems like 60 or 70% less files.

It’s true teens host what’s popular and that’s cool it makes it easy to find the latest and greatest things....but compared to 1 to 3 years ago you could search for ANYTHING and you would get heaps of results that where, for the post part, valid. It wasn't till this last year that I noticed a very huge drop in files. I do a search for anything and I get around 100-150 results or less (this is for semi popular things). Now I’m not just talking about MP3’s I’m talking about files.

Like I said I'm not blaming anyone. I'm only saying with the naked eye I see a major drop in files compared to the past and this makes newer people scare away and find something else to use as their primary p2p client.

Id be more then happy to help you in ways of making MX better but like others have already said people tend to shy away from MX and use programs that give more results or at least results to things they cant find anywhere else. Teens also tend to use programs that everyone is using (ie. Torrent and Lime Wire). Its sad but true.

Some ideas on making MX better:
1) Make the site organized and "cool" since that’s what people's first impression are going to be when visiting here to get MX. Make it light in color and add images and info on why people should use MX over leading competitors. If the site is confusing or not so eye appealing people assume its outdated, a beta, or sucks and they leave.

To prove this point ask anyone of your Real life friends that are not tech savvy to go and download winMX (without giving them a url). I bet the majority of them wont even find the right site that hosts the patched MX or will see sites saying "go here to download the official client" and will think...screw this sounds fishy to me, I'm going to download lime wire like all the cool kids are saying too. They may even get old  sites that tell them to download the MX client from another site and use their hosts file to connect. See what i'm saying.? MX could be allot more organized. You have like 3 or 4 major MX sites but they are all confusing, non-attractive, outdated sites for non tech savvy people or people that just want to download and not read anything. This isn't meant to put the site designers down at all it's understandable that you guys where rushed to put up sites when the official MX went down but it’s been a few years since it went down...don’t you think its about time to redesign the sites to appeal more to the teens of today?

2) Another idea is to Digg. If you redesign the site make a digg about it. Blog about MX and get people to digg it.
3) Get torrentfreak.com to do an article about your amazing fake finder. Their always looking for interesting p2p news even if it has nothing to do with torrents. Heck I bet you could even get them to link to you if they haven't already.
4) Host files that are considered rare or hard to find along with your popular content. This way people that are looking for things not related to the latest Linkin Park cd or the new 300 movie can have a better time finding the rare stuff.
5) Get people to put buttons, text links, banners or post news about MX on their sites, myspace, facebook..etc.
6) Get Multi protocol clients like Shareaza to support Opennap protocol. Not only will this boost the files count but will also bring new people to the network. They may not be using MX but last time I checked files are files.

These are just some points...I hope no one is offended by anything I said. It's only meant to help since it appears people agree, to some extent, that MX is not as popular as it use to be (google agrees http://www.google.com/trends?q=WinMX%2C+Lime+Wire%2C+Bittorrent&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all ).

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 09:07:19 am »
Here's the fly in the ointment DeathfireD, you have lots of great plans but they all seem to involve those on the site who are already doing the majority of the work here, the entire community needs to do its share of the work, not just this site and the posters here. 

We have always tried to do things when needed and on their merits but there are limitations to some aspects of what we can do, my major concern is if we deem to speak for the whole winmx community we would come under attack in a matter of hours, you all have seen this many times when something is suggested that steps on the toes of other groups.
We have all seen the result, folks who have devoted a lot of time to good things walk away upset and angry wondering why they bothered, its not as simple to get action started after the first few skirmishes and 3 or 4 folks abusing you in their posts, for this reason many are not happy to be doing more than they already are, can anyone blame them ?

Tiny has said a few time on this site how he would like to help get more action on the advertising front, can I ask any of you who feel a fire in their veins and want to do something useful contact him and get doing it ?

I have taken your comments on board regarding the site, we have had plans to rebuild it and even some of the work was started but as I said we too have lives and while we are busy doing things elsewhere the work stops due to limited help.

I hope you see the pickle here, we want the community to take a more active role and allow those already stretched to capacity to not be distracted onto yet more projects, anyone coming up with ideas should self organise and join with us in making mx the P2P net of choice, unlike limewire we don't make any money from this site and therefore any of the bigger plans to advertise are non starters.

I hope you can take the positive aspects from my post and bring a bit of much needed help, having users waste energy in heated debate is something no one wants, and as we have seen before each one of you can make a difference if you choose to.

Offline DeathfireD

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 10:48:35 am »
id be more then happy to work on a site makeover in my free time. It would not take much to come up with a decent easy to navigate layout (unless you already have one made).

I've been trying to get friends to join the MX community but like most they ask whats WinMX? Oh another p2p client? No thanks I use [insert random p2p client name here]. As you can see not easy getting people to change but for the people that use multi protocol clients like Shareaza it wouldn't require them to change much.

Since i'm still not sure how the whole fake file finder fully works I would not feel right sending an e-mail to torrentfreak...so I think someone who knows how it works should do that. It would take no time if you know how everything worked to write up a small informative e-mail to them asking if they can write a news article on it. I'm sure they would be happy to and it would of course bring people to this site where they can download the patched client.

Almost all the ideas I suggested take no time doing (other then the site designing). They also don't really effect the community in a bad way. I can understand if MX picks up again people may find some way of cheating the system and hosting bad files but thats something that would other wise be over looked if there was fewer people on the network. I think the people that are still apart of this community don't know how to contribute since theirs very little organized thought here if you understand what i'm saying. Normally you go to a site and see a news article saying "hey guys we need your help! Donate or host rare files or do this and that", on here you have to sift though the forum topics and try and find what you need. yes its site related and it's your first step in making a better MX.

I agree everyone has a busy life I didn't mean to seem demanding of you or the staff or even the community. These where only some suggestions and i'm happy to help in anyway possible in my free time. Just send me work and what you need done and i'll spend my free time doing it if its not to much of a project.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WinMX going downhill?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx