gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 02:28:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WS2_32.DLL Fix
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WS2_32.DLL Fix  (Read 15290 times)

KoolHandLuke

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 02:22:31 am »
bout time someone too the anicitive to fix this program... frontcode surely wasnt doing it! Hats off to you km and everyone else involved..
PS I get a primary fine but cant get a secondary on this pc. my second pc the opposite......

KM

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 02:43:57 am »
connecting as secondary is taking a little while atm, this isn't anything to do with the patch (or hosts files) but because the flooders are connecting to primaries taking up secondary slots - leaving very few left for legtitmate users.... however you should be able to connect within a couple of minutes at the most.

those reporting problems connecting as primary - it should take no more than about 10 seconds to connect as primary, are you getting any error messages? and does the top bar (the bit that used to be black) load properly?

Anonymous

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 03:53:44 am »
I'm connected as Primary. All went well but I now get no downloads. Uploads seam to work OK.

Peruvian_User

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 05:31:54 am »
I had a PC breakdown and had my computer restored. Installed WinXp and oopps! big surprise.
I installed the patch and nothing.
Can´t get through the TCP test re installing winmx and when i play it with the "cant connect TCP there´s nothing i can do about it" option it doesnt connect at all.
I hope there is some REAL ANSWER to our needs soon because WinMx MUST WIN! WE ARE WINMX AND SOME PEOPLE HERE have the hability to make this work again.
LONG LIVE P2P!

Anonymous

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 08:45:40 am »
does this WS2_32o.dll werk with MX 3.51?
just wondering cause i use MXM too and MXM doesn't seem to work with the later versions of MX

ZonFacter

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 12:12:13 pm »
Secondary connection works well, though you have to wait some mins.
Primary connection doesnt work, i'm getting error msg "no udp port for incoming and outgoing packets", though settings are correct and port is forwarded in my router. Any idea?

Anonymous

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 12:45:15 pm »
does it work on 3.54(beta4)?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 02:02:35 pm »
Yes works great with 3.31, 3.53. 3.54 beta 4

Offline 7

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 02:53:24 pm »
ZonFacter, check WinMX > Settings > Internet Connection > IN/Out UDP Packets is NOT set to "unable to send or receive udp datagrams on any port".
The UDP port must be specified here if you want to run primary (restart the client if you make any changes).

stevensmith81

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23:44 pm »
where are the latest peer caches?

stevensmith81

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 10:25:50 pm »
un f---g believable you guys rock!i'm in!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 10:28:38 pm »
There are 4 in operation now being run by trusted people who are giving there time and expertise to our problem, and the locations are not really a secret but I wont tell you exactly where as I want the RIAA to find out for themselves.  :wink:

Hart

ws2_32.dll won't install
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 02:21:47 am »
I downloaded the patch today because I can't get back into WinMx and thought it would help.  I placed it in the proper folder but when I tried to open it, Windows couldn't find who created it and asked me to either chose a program from my computer or check on-line.  When I checked the properties of the patch, it says Opens With: Unknown Application.  So I went on-line and Microsoft doesn't know which program will open it.

To make a long story short, how do I open and install the patch given the problems I'm having?  I have Windows XP Pro, WinMx v3.54 beta 4.  If you need more info to help me, please ask.

Thanks . . .    Hart

newbe

host file
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 02:28:10 am »
i am using win ME & found hosts file, can't rename, delete or replace it. Get error everytime (i copied old file,opened it in notepad & it was totally blank). Tried the auto Patch, clicked on Windows 98/ME botton, keeps saying you may have pressed wrong botton. Tried all with no luck.Why can't I rename,delete or replace old hosts file. help missing my win mx.

slasher

re: ws2_32.dll
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 04:14:35 pm »
Hart: You don't have to open the patch, just put it in your WinMX folder. DLL files are not meant to be manually opened anyways.

Cold_Zero

Patch not helping
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2005, 06:25:29 pm »
Folloed all instructions, but WinMX causes and error and shuts down immediately.  I got rid of my patched hosts file, and I even tried turning off PG2.  No luck for this chap.  Any suggestions.  I am running XP - Home. :cry:

skyggen

WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:01 pm »
Clod Zero >>install winmx 3.53, over your previous installation, that worked for me....
thx for all your work in here boys and girls...

echelon

nope
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2005, 06:01:41 am »
You just put the .dll in your winmx folder, and then start the program.  it will do the rest.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
WS2_32.DLL Fix
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2005, 11:34:30 am »
Newbe if you have any antispyware protection some antispyware venders lock the hosts file to read-only for protection from hijackers.
Try disabling any antispyware  protection before installing the hosts file.

Then rename your  host file, after it's renamed unzip the combined host file & put it in your C:\WINDOWS.

I hope this helps you.

Cold_Zero

Done that Already
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2005, 05:08:36 am »
I am pretty darn good at navigating around my system (i.e. anti-spyware, etc...) and the original change of hosts file worked great for me.  As soon as I saw the updated .dll file, I followed those instructions.  I have been a loyal WinMX sharer for 6 years, and I want to continue to share my files with whomever would like them. Unfortunately, I ma having no luck.  I have re-installed WinMX.  Deleted the original host file (while maintining a backup).  I have done everything short of re-installing windows (which I just don't have time to do).  As soon as I start WinMX, it updates the files I am sharing, then before it attempts to make a connection, (primary or secondary) I get an error, causing it to shut down.  I would love to make this P2P world a better place, but I am having a frustrating time.  If anyone has any suggestions, please post or email me.  Thanks to everyone keeping up the hard work to make WinMX the best way to share files around the world.  We all owe you a lot.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WS2_32.DLL Fix

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx