gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 09:47:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  Saving the channellist in Metis/robomx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Saving the channellist in Metis/robomx  (Read 5355 times)

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
Saving the channellist in Metis/robomx
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:53:29 pm »
Hi there.

I'm using the 2.80b1 metis with robomx 2.08

what i want is for the roomlist to save itself to a file.

i know this can be done, as i have seen other peoples lists saved in a file named 'roomlist.ccf' or 'channellist.ccf' which was saved in their metis folder.

i have messed about with the settings, and advanced options, but i just seem to be overlooking how to turn it on.

whilst messing, i deleted my roomlist.ccf file as i was told it automatically created one if one was not present, and the file was 0kb anyway.

I'm sure its simple, and i'd even consider updating my robomx.exe if that would help, but dunno where to get it from now mxcontrol is closed.

Any ideas? i need it for a script i've got just about perfected, except for the fact i cannot advise anyone how to enable this logging!

To perfect the script, i had to 'borrow' someone elses ccf file with the roomnames in.

Thanks in advance!

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: Saving the channellist in Metis/robomx
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:42:30 pm »
in robomx
select tab channellist or when you closed the channellist, get channellist(3rd icon from the left)
select menue item list and tick "cache roomlist"
if you close robomx the channellist will be safed.

no options to update the list while robomx is running

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »
Yeah...Robo will only update the list if you close the program, not sure why though. But if you're looking for something to search the channel list from within a room. Then you may want to wait a little bit till a new project is released. KM has been working on something for the past couple of weeks, and it'll do just that, and so much more. I suggest you join KM's new forum and check it every so often, it shouldn't be all that long before he's done with it.

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:18:41 pm »
I've already created the script to read the roomlist from the saved file, searching for keywords and displaying the results.
but this was done from a 'borrowed' roomlist.ccf file

the trick was how to make my own.

as for the update, i have a plan.....

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 05:26:55 pm »
i have followed the above steps (the 'cache roomlist' was already checked) and then closed the roomlist window, but it has not saved to any file in the metis 2.8 folder in program files.

one thing i have noticed is, if i clear roomlist cache, then load roomlist, then close, then re-seak roomlist, the previous roomlist appears in the channellist window, changing to bold font as rooms are re-found. Isnt this what the cache roomlist is? or does it save it to a text file to cache it, and thats where it reloads it from. If so, where is the saved roomlist??

confusing or what??!!?

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:40:53 pm »
ok, got sick, uninstalled metis/robomx, reinstalled it, unticked cache faves and all working great!

thanks for the help in understanding how it does it guys and gals!

Troubleshooting is a lot easier if you know what your troubleshooting!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  Saving the channellist in Metis/robomx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx