gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:42:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Latest Version
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest Version  (Read 32044 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Latest Version
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 10:46:08 am »
To add to your query,

The system file used is local to the WinMX directory your system wont even know its there except when WinMX uses it so there is not harm there.

As far as I'm aware the Add/Remove entry removes the entire WinMX directory (which is where the patch is located as well) and undoes any registry changes it made in the first place.

Bearded Blunder made this installer and added this feature I'm sure if im mistaken about this he can clarify it.  The long and short of the matter is there is no harm in adding this patch to your system.

markndawoods0359

"Access error"
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 06:21:54 am »
So frustrated...

d/l'd latest version, running xp home, linksys router w/dsl

I can connect, search, find and que files, but when it stars to d/l it gives me this message:

File Error> (5) "Access to G:\Music\_Incomplete(blah blah bla)

What's wrong?

*Edit (Sam) Removed the black colour usage as no one can read what's written then :/

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 09:59:39 pm »
The above has been answered in the other thread by ghostship containing the same post.

grlygrl

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 12:39:35 am »
can anyone tell me please where i can get the winmx d ownload????? i use to have the winmxgroup download now i can't get any of them please help......

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 05:45:53 am »
to download winmx try  https://patch.winmxconex.com

& to clarify MH's post above, on using the uninstall option from add/remove in control panel, you're first asked for confirmation, & then asked if you wish to remove the winmx folder regardless if it's empty afterward or not (this is the default behaviour), in either case uninstall first removes all the files associated with winmx along with it's shortcut, removes the add/remove entry from the registry & restores the oledlg.dll locking entry to the state it whas when you ran the installer (this primarily affects win 9x users)

in either case it then attempts to remove the winmx program folder, if you accepted the default selection it does so with a flag to remove regardless if it's empty or not, but you have the choice to have it try without this flag, in which case the removal will fail leaving the folder if you've added your own files, or have something like bendmx installed thereby preserving the settings for those add-ins should you later reinstall winmx..

i hope this clarifys it for everyone
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

LD1965

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 02:32:30 am »
I have done everything that was recommended on these boards and still cannot get my WinMX to work again. I just got a new wireless cable modem and tried changing the port settings, unistalled Windows Defender, re-installed WinMX...it still will not work! Please help!!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 03:39:05 am »
LD1965,

If you can describe whats happening in more detail we can help get you fixed up im sure, atm Im not entirely sure what you mean by 'working again'  give us more details like your set up rotuers, firewalls etc and where did you get your winmx and patch, and also whats exactly happening.

LD1965

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:31 pm »
Hi Me Here,
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my post. I have a Motorola SBG900 wireless cable modem. When I open WinMX it keeps trying to make a network connection but won't. When I try to check the settings it says "Unable to make outgoing TCP connection to test servers". I've tried manually configuring the TCP and UDP ports on my router, changing the WinMX settings to use Socks...I do not know what else to try.
Thanks

LD1965

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 08:53:20 pm »
Hey Me Here,
I tried messing with my router settings again and I finally got it to work!
Thank you so much for your help. I've been with WinMX for years and am so happy to be able to still be here!

LD1965

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 11:50:16 pm »
OK, so I thought I had it. Closed everything out, re-started and no more connection. Router gateway and firewall settings are  set at TCP Port 6699, UDP 6257. Same settings in WinMX app. I just do not know what else to try.
Thanks,
LD

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 04:57:03 am »
Ok LD1965,

Lets just make sure all is well from the top if you dont mind and hopefullly something in this array will get you sorted.

First thing I want you to do is open WinMX > Settings > Outgoing TCP > Set this or make sure its set to "Don't use a proxy server (connect direcly!)"
and always leave this settings as above.

Now go to Start > Run > type cmd and OK.
A new black box will appear, in it type ipconfig
Then hit Enter
You will now see some information, of this you want the one that says 'IP Address' Make a note of it.
**Note: not to be confused with the 'Default Gateway Address'.
Close the box.

Go back to your router confiurations interface, and the Port Forwarding section be sure that the rules you made prior are pointing to this same IP Address you made note of, if not change them now to the correct one.
Also while your here be sure you made two separate rules for WinMX.  One specifically for TCP/6699 and another for UDP/6257 to the above IP.
Apply if any changes.

Now Im not certain what firewall you have but since you mention the port Im going to assume that its either XP/Vista one or one similar in how it acts.

I want you to remove WinMX completely from the allowed/exceptions list. So that its not listed at all remove completely.  Then restart your WinMX at this time, The firewall should now ask you to 'allow this?' again and you can say yes, you may also need to go back in once this is done and re-Add your port settings, remember to add both if you have to add any.

Let me know if this helps get you connected again.

LD1965

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 03:53:31 am »
Hey Me Here,
I tried everything you suggested and still no go. I got this PC from work and wonder if the McAfee Group policies are what is jacking it up? It has not been on a network in years and I do not know why WinMX would work and then not work like it did. I've deleted and re-added both the gateway and firewall rules on my router and still get nothing. So frustrating! I appreciate your time and patience with me.
Thanks,
LD

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 07:28:13 am »
OK, usually if you are getting the flashing yellow on networks with WinMX, and in reading I think thats what we are dealing with here correct?  The actual connection to the network itself?

This is almost exculsively at issue with firewalls or antivirus causing this.  Is this McAfee what you use for your antivirus on this PC now? maybe its time to uninstall that and get something we know is more WinMX friendly like AVast or maybe AVG
Both of which are free and work with WinMx Nicely.

Those are antivirus not a firewall so its best to enable the XP firewall in this case, and use one of the antivirus mentioned above, keep in mind often antivirus like McAfee simply turned off can still cause problems so although its usually our policy not to ask folks to uninstall things, because this was a work set up Im thinking its best.

The other possibility with this is ISP blocking your access, at this time your on RoadRunner I believe and we have NO knownledge of them doing anything of the sort, so again I have to suspect something on the Machine, Maybe its time to have a serious look at any protective measures on the Machine.  As your rightly thinking Work machines often have more serious security measures in place for both keeping traffic IN and keeping it OUT.

So uninstall McAfee, and have a look to make sure other security programs are not installed as well that could cause this.
(if your unsure how winmx friendly they are post here we'll let you know)
Confirm for me:
WinMX > Settings > Outgoing TCP > Set to "Don't use a proxy server (connect direcly!)"
**Not to be confused with Incoming TCP**

LD1965

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 08:07:29 pm »
Hi ME here,
Yes it is set to Don't use a proxy server. I'm afraid to uninstall McAfee and it will not let me turn Windows Firewall back on. I checked the McAfee logs and saw an entry for WinMX but it did not say that it blocked it.  
I just re-set the firewall port range in my router for WinMX to 6257-10000 and it worked! I had to configure the Port Forwarding TCP/UDPs separately and thought I had to do the same for the Firewall settings but it would not work that way. Re-setting it to TCP/UDP with the port range did it!
Thank you so much for all of your help! Hopefully the headache I just went thru will help someone else out!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:41 pm »
well im glad to hear its working as well and yes hopefully others will benefit from your solution.

Happy WinMXing    ;)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 05:16:17 pm »
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/
or you can click patch at the top of this page
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Becca

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 12:20:45 am »
just upgraded to wireless and can't get winMX to work. Running Vista and am connected with a cat 5 cable directly to an antennae. Please help!

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:01 am »
Hi becca. do you mean your cat5 cable goes to a little powered box with an antenna and then connects wireless to a router or that your plugged into the router?

Eitherway the ports for winmx need to be forwarded in the router.
First i suggest you set up a static up. a guide for this can be found here: http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/static_ip.html

Then for help configuring your router you can go here: http://portforward.com/
Once there select your router make and model from the list on the front page. then from the second list select winmx and it will give you step by step instructions on configuring your router. It even has pictures!

Post back for additional help or join the room on winmx @ WinMxWorld.Com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Remember you do not need to be connected to join a room (yellow light not the red light)
Just put the address in the filterbar and click join.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline fish628

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 06:24:42 pm »
is it normal or usual to consistently notice faster upload speeds than download speeds? my download limit is set to 100000000 and my upload limit is set to 50000000 as recommended by a user, and i almost always am uploading noticeably faster than most is not all downloads... using 3.54b4 on xp and cable with d-link router.
...<><
WinXP sp3
Cox Cable
WinMx v3.54 beta 4
Primary
AVG
wired to D-Link DIR-615

Offline fish628

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 07:29:59 pm »
ok, nevermind... i read through some stuff i had not seen on the help pages before... i have changed my bandwidth settings and have seen and increase in d/l and a decrease in u/l and that was what i was after...

wonder why someone would tell me to use settings that don't work, and in fact make things worse? oh well...

one should always go with the suggests on the help pages...
...<><
WinXP sp3
Cox Cable
WinMx v3.54 beta 4
Primary
AVG
wired to D-Link DIR-615

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Latest Version

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx