gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 03:58:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Latest Version
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest Version  (Read 32142 times)

Offline teenkee

• Forum Member
Latest Version
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:36:20 am »
I need a link to the latest version and patches please. PC crash lost all. Router problems also. Put info in but doesn't seem to take. Maybe shutdown and restart. Thanks.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Latest Version
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:28:17 am »
They can be got from here
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/
If you need any help feel free to post back and leave a little info such as what o/s...isp and security you are using also what modem/router model and number.

Offline teenkee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:13:39 pm »
Here's what I have, OS Vista, Frontier DSL, Speedstream 6520. I configured my ports TCP 6699 UDP 6257 in my router and Windows Security and allowed through Norton 2008. The version I installed ((Install-3.0-3.5b4) was the only version I had saved to disk before my PC crashed. I had no problems opening WinMX on XP. I have a sneaking suspicionh I have the wrong version/patches. Thanks for your help.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:17:39 pm »
Update using the one for existing installs from here and you should be fine

Offline teenkee

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:02 pm »
Even though I opened the ports for Windows I had to manually add what was allowed through the fire wall. Thanks for your help.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »
Usually the case with norton is a pain in the ass with p2p these days ( and a lot of other apps come to that) ...... you might possibly find it starts blocking again in the future and might need allowing again as norton has a mind of its own at times.
Btw if you have windows firewall running you really don't need the norton one as well or visa versa as this will cause conflicts in certain cases.
Good to see your up and running though.

Offline teenkee

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:17:44 pm »
Next inquiry. I am up and running but Vista won't let me access my incoming files folder. I tried creating new ones at different places but no go. Any ideas? Thanks.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 06:07:58 pm »
yea scrap vista and go back to xp lol .... you need to be logged on your pc with admin rights ... so just change your account to full rights and that should help.

Offline teenkee

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:28 pm »
I can get it to work, sort of. I opened the program as administrator (took awhile to figure that out). I assigned a different folder and installed and was able to load incoming. When I closed and reopened it was back to the same. On the patch install it talks about ABSOLUTE filepaths. What does this mean? Thank you.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 04:17:38 am »
Means the actual path, not a path with vista's pretend symbolic links in.. typically anything in your profile uses a symbolic link to shorten the apparent path...

if you make a folder for incoming *outside* this say for example c:\incoming\ you may have better sucesss
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

warlord

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »
use vers 3.31 patched with quickmx started under admin,works fine no probs ,using vista and service pack 1 with mcafee anti virus/firewall
no loss of speed

joeman8159

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 07:26:18 pm »
where can i re download i had  to redo my hard drive and i need and can find to reload please help me

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 08:10:05 pm »

david mattison

Help
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:32 am »
Hi,
I am having a problem when I try to open winmx I can not connect. Everything was fine and working until I switched to cable and dumped qwest dsl. I have tried deleting all files and the winmx program and reinstalled with the patch but still will not work when I try to install it says It says unable to make a outgoing tps? connection I think its called tps? any help would be great I feel lost without it!!!!!

I am running windows xp , us cable internet the modem box says smc networks  and the model number is smc8004cm , and I am using sygate personal firewall.

any help would be great thanks. :? :?

david mattison

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 01:42:40 am »
oops I ment to say tcp not tps lol

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:37:44 am »
David if its saying unable to make a TCP connection that is likely that those settings in WinMX got put on 'Unable' when a routine tcp test failed during install.

So here is what I'd like you to do for me.

1) Open WinMX > Settings > Incoming TCP > set this to 6699.
2) In Settings now click on In/Out UDP > set this to 6257.
3) Before you close WinMX, open the firewall settings in Sygate and find WinMX (there should be icons of things running that have either been given or denied access to the outside world) 
4) Right Click the WinMX icon and choose Ask.
5) Close WinMX now and restart it, Sygate will ask now and you tick the 'Remember my answer' then say YES.

Most Cable modems dont require port settings so this should be all you need to do
Let us know how this works for you.

Offline Beluga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 12:26:01 pm »
Hello WinMx Community.

I just registered and am dilligent to get my WinMX back.  I haven't been on since the original setup went down in 2005.

When I learned that it was possible to re-establish the P2P network I was really happy as I was very pleased with WinMX and it's limited potential to collect viruses/spyware/adware in transit.

I originally had WinMx v3.53 on my old PC which is still around but I have a new PC now and would like to download the appropriate version on my new desktop.

I would like to know the steps required to get back WinMX. 

From what I understand, I pick a version to download from here: newbielink:http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winmx [nonactive]
(I see that there was only one revision since 3.53; is 3.54 better?)

I then go to this site:   newbielink:https://patch.winmxconex.com/ [nonactive]
to install the appropriate patch.  I see that 3.54 has an exclusive patch whereas there is also a universal patch for all versions including 3.54 (is the exclusive patch for 3.54 better performing?).   How does the  setup for "existing installs" differ from the "universal one"?

What will the patch do?  I understand it re-defiines the P2P ports.  Does installing the patch have any side effects on the Windows operating system?  This is a brand new computer and don't want to mess anything up I don't know how to fix.  I hope the patch only re-works the configurations of the WinMX program itself and nothing else (whereas any changes from instaling a patch would hopefully be a non-issue if I uninstall WinMX).  Does the downloaded patch prevent a complete uninstall?

I see here that some hare having issues with Vista.  I have XP SP3.

I also see that some here are having issues with Norton.  I have Windows Live One Care.

I see that some here are having issues with the ports on their routers.  With my setup above, will I have to worry about that?

Thanks,

Beluga

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 01:40:12 pm »
Hi Beluga,

First let me welcome you back to WinMX, we love hearing of users returning and are happy to help you with your questions.

From what I understand, I pick a version to download from here: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winmx
(I see that there was only one revision since 3.53; is 3.54 better?)

No this is not needed the patches, and WinMX installs w/patch are all you need from  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

I then go to this site:  https://patch.winmxconex.com/
to install the appropriate patch.  I see that 3.54 has an exclusive patch whereas there is also a universal patch for all versions including 3.54 (is the exclusive patch for 3.54 better performing?).   How does the  setup for "existing installs" differ from the "universal one"?

On the Patch site given above you will see a few downloads available.  If you have WinMX already installed on a PC, then the 'Existing installs' Patch install, is all you need.  If however you would like to Install a patched version of WinMX get either the MultiInstall or the 3.54 version (which is the latest version).
As for which performs better have a look here and decide what is right for you:
https://www.winmxworld.com/help/winmx-versions.html

What will the patch do?  I understand it re-defiines the P2P ports.  Does installing the patch have any side effects on the Windows operating system?  This is a brand new computer and don't want to mess anything up I don't know how to fix.  I hope the patch only re-works the configurations of the WinMX program itself and nothing else (whereas any changes from instaling a patch would hopefully be a non-issue if I uninstall WinMX).  Does the downloaded patch prevent a complete uninstall?

The patch does not re-define any ports, it simply redirects the existing WinMX.exe to the new connection system which you can find more information about here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/patch_information.html

Installing the Patch should have no ill side effects on any Operating system, your simply adding a file that MS uses anyway in other locations with some code to redirect connections. 
This patch leaves you fully in control of uninstalling it and also adds a 'Add/Remove' for doing so in Control Panel which WinMX itself didn't always get around to in the old days.. lol.

I see here that some hare having issues with Vista.  I have XP SP3.

This should be fine, I'm sure you can appreciate we cant guarantee every system will have no issues, but those issues can all be worked out if you should come across any, just let us know here.

I also see that some here are having issues with Norton.  I have Windows Live One Care.

Usually issues with Norton are down to it not  being configured properly to allow WinMX the access it requires to work.  You should be fine if your familiar with how to configure your firewalls or antivirus to allow programs.

I see that some here are having issues with the ports on their routers.  With my setup above, will I have to worry about that?

I don't see any information above that would help me to answer this, like do you have a router?  Are you on DSL or Cable?  Those are things we'll need more information to help you with and frankly its all workable.  WinMX has not auto forwarding or uPnP support so again these are things we'll just have to take a step at a time.

Hope this helps and again welcome back, let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Offline Beluga

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 03:22:09 am »
Thanks Me Here,

I have a D-Link DI-604 Ethernet Broadband Router and a D-Link DSL-300G ADSL modem.

How many network multiples are there?  I remember in the pre-2006 days I was communicating with a friend in Europe while I was in North America and we could not see the same hits when we searched for a particular song at the same time.  Are there as many network multiples as before.  There must be a large base since WinMX is number one in Japan as I have read in Wikipedia.

When you say that the added file is a file that MS uses anyway, in case there is a conflict, will Add/Remove remove it as part of the WinMX program or is the patch Add/Removable seperately?

Is it reccomendable to have more than one P2P program installed (such as LimeWire) where there could be similar system file conflicts even though only one of the two programs would be running at one given time:?

Thanks

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 09:27:48 am »
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn.html

Read the above link tounderstand how winmx works..

The thing is that you and your friends are connected to different sets of primaries.
So basically your search query travels through different routes and hence different results show up
Even when you search for the same thign twice, you'll rarely find the same results twice

There is absolutely no harm in running more than one P2P at the same time.
Only that your system will run slower (depending on the P2P used) to a small extent and that your bandwidth will be split between the two programs.
Personally I use utorrent and winmx together. And have had no issues whatsoever.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Latest Version

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx