gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 11:37:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?  (Read 9765 times)

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 02:26:06 pm »
Quote from: Lysander
It's called "sarcasm." Seriously, you guys, I swear half the reason why this is so big is because no one can take a freakin' joke.

If you think for a minute that all of the VERY VALID concerns of the users of WinMX are just a joke, then perhaps you should just stick your head in the sand. There are many of us who are NOT laughing at the issues that are before us.

You seem to dismiss everything as either a joke, or people just don't know what they are talking about. Well, I hate to break it to you but not all of us are stupid enough to buy those as excuses. If you choose to be then be my guest.

There is PLENTY of reason to be concerned when a group decides that even though people have placed trust in them, they will attempt to mislead them.

Fact: From the beginning the pie team stated they would do what they could to help the winmx community. However, they are implementing a filter at the peer cache level to weed out those who do not use their patch. That is effectively cutting off all other users. Only the very mentally challenged could see that as helping the winmx community.

Fact: They stated (no matter how much you want to down play it) that there was a need to get rid of the dll altogether, even from this site, in order for them to progress with their plans. That is a reason for alarm for ALL users. What would the dll do to keep them from progressing if they don't have a different agenda from what has been publicly stated?

Fact: They STOLE a copy of KM's peer cache from a server they gained access to, WITHOUT asking for his consent. That is not cooperative, and shows the very nature of the group. When the peer cache was removed due to this blatent violation of trust, they uploaded a replacement copy. This is not the action of a group who has integrity, nor of anyone that the future of WinMX will be safe and secure with.

Fact: KM has never blocked anyone from the real winmx community from using his peer caches, only the flooders that the pie group also tells everyone to block by adding them to peer guardian.

Fact: Although KM has been more than generous in saying to use whatever patch works for you (he doesn't take personal offense to the pie patch's existance), the pie group however (as is stated in their own meeting notes) has made it an ongoing effort to rid the world of KM's patch. Sound like monopolizing yet?

And to quote you on another point:
"Nothing anywhere in teh log stated at any point fits the conceptual deffinition of a trojan. Trojans allow remote users to connect to your computer. I dont' konw what oyu think a trojan is, exactly, but I can assure you that that's not it."

Actually a trojan is ANY software that is executed on the user's side that has an unknown and most likely malicious\undesired effect. True that most allow remote connection, but not all are engineered for that purpose.

And:

"The concept that anything distributed could haX0r into two different webservers, both (I certainly hope) running firewalls, find a file hosted on those servers, and manage to actually delete it from these servers is very wimsical, and also completely impossible. It can't happen, it won't happen, and furthermore... "

I think you have a very big issue with convincing yourself of security that doesn't exist. Only a complete fool would state that any type of breach in the IT world is "completely impossible". Sure it may be beyond your means and understanding, but it doesn't in the slightest change the fact that for others that is possible to do.

I have to say that most of the ranting you posted was written poorly, being an attempt to slam anyone who didn't agree with "it's all just a joke." And nit picking every line someone writes doesn't make you sound more knowledgeble. Just sounded despirate to attack. You can respond without being condenscending to others, and perhaps spend more time making intelligent points, rather than proving that you really don't know what's going on.

But, of course, I suppose we all might just be too far below your intellectual prowess to understand you, and perhaps that is the reason you made little to no sense.  :roll:

Be Good,
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

A Winmx Sheep

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 04:02:37 pm »
Keep up the good work KM we dont want these ppl to win they sound like tossers i usually break tossers legs but.....damn i cant they to far away from me so all i can do is sit back and watch, Bring it on, winmx will prevail :D   good luck guys

chuck

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 09:07:02 pm »
Km was thinking .Winmx does it go to the web page first before it connects? and if so is there a way that when a person connects it goes to that page and in the html of the page is a hidden add like a google add that is never seen by the user say a hidden window? could this be a reason or motive for the pie team to be so hell bent on only there fix being the one to use? you know with their buying a domain and all just asking if it could be done . i guess that is stupid any thing can be done if you really want to do it i guess. But enough people clicking on a google add could add up in $'s.

KM

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 12:07:18 am »
google adds are on a pay-per click basis, so hidden adds won't earn them much... however it could easily be used to open popup windows or other kinds of crap

and considering it is an IE window even those that have chosen to use other browsers because of the various backdoors in IE being exploited by spyware will still open those popups in IE. This is a major concern as you only need to go to a random serial/crack website with IE and chances are you'll get an add that will infect your system with some form of crapware...

those types of adds that infect peoples systems also pay the most so anybody attempting to make money from it would be drawn towards them...

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
MAKE WINMX WORK !!
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 03:38:02 am »
to all concerned
Leave the sand lot for kids !
How about this novel idea, lets all work together on WINMX and forget personalities !
Personally, I would not want anyone to quote me, on any conversation, unless i was  fully aware that the content [of that conversation]  would be used in a court of law.
We all say things, that are flipant, but have no real bearing on our attitiude or our purpose.
Take no sides, MAKE YOUR PRIORITY THE WINMX COMMUNITY !!
The issue is repair WINMX, not individuals.
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 04:09:19 am »
Just want to say thanks Dabud for your comments..

Let me make this clear to everyone that log was made public by Vladd himself.

But honestly our concern is just that, stop the ridiculous behavior, and start thinking of WinMX and its community.

Cheers Dabud.. couldnt agree more with ya...

So stow the foe-indignence, it gets us nowhere.???
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 12:29:23 pm »
if you mean "faux" from the french for fake, at least spell it right.

using fancy foreign words looks a bit stupid if you can't even spell them.

oh, indignance was wrong too.

lmao

mandy

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 01:06:32 pm »
i have used winmx for the last 6 years.

and i am sick of ppl have ago at each team. so what if vladd is trying to  
highjack winmx
as some ppl are saying and km7co want it to stay the same the point is ppl will have a choice.  a choice to keep downloading files and not let the RIAA win.

So wouldnt it be better for each team to stop having a go at each other and just sort out thier own goals it would be energy better used .[/color]

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 01:17:05 pm »
I am not quite sure I am grasping the logic of your post....

Mandy

Have a look here, and for anyone else that may have missed this post...

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=784

grasping the logic
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 02:19:15 pm »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=711&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=3bde8bb88e03b7391dadd340e64074f1

<quote>
Lysander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vladd again    

"lease. All he meant by that was that people who use the program, by and large, want a thing that works, and don't want to have to fiddle with it so that it works. This is, last time I checked out the Windows Vista beta email list, still true. So stow the foe-indignence, it gets us nowhere. "
<endquote>

Logic? simply a case of piss-poor English, and French.

regards

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 02:43:57 pm »
LOL . kk got ya..  :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 11:42:48 am »
me here what do you get about my post its simple.

Ghostship posted the oct 11 meeting of vladd and co now ppl are getting mad, upset and having a ago at them its is the same on vladd44 site ppl are having ago at km&co also.

so what if vladd n co are trying to highjack winmx or remake it into mxpie or whatever they are calling it.  We cant stop ppl doing things they want to do but dont you think it would be better if ppl stopped having ago at each team and spend all the pentup anger and energy sorting out thier own goals where is vladd&co highjacking winmx or km&co keeping winmx as it is.  

And if both teams get winmx and mxpie going good and strong then ppl have choice of who they go with. And if one goes down or the RIAA gets to one ( and plz dont say they will not coz thats how all this started coz the RIAA got to winmx) then we will not have to stop downloading witch is twhat the RIAA wants.  

with two p2p it would be telling the RIAA that the ppl of the world who want to download files freely that we will not go down with out a fight.

so like i said wouldnt it be better all round if ppl stopped having ago at each other and use thier time keeping p2p networks going so the RIAA dont win. Coz they are winning even if you dont think they are they got to Napster, edonkey, limewire, Grokster, baershare and many more it wont be long before there is only one free p2p left so i say the more that start up the harder it gonna be for the RIAA.

And yes it is sad that winmx is not like it was before all this but things have to change, and branch out into diffrent directions just to stay ahead of the RIAA. coz the main thing is not winmx but the RIAA stopping ppl having a choice to download free music.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 12:06:18 pm »
Hi Guest, as you mention we posted a link to information that Vladd had on his forum regarding his activities with the mxpie team that caused us and many other users alarm.

I have discussed many matters with Vladd and accepted personal assurances regarding most of our concerns.
We have over the years built up a layer of trust that although has been strained recently allowed ourself and Vladd to find common ground.

As you make clear, we have more important activities to continue but we feel justified in informing our users of anything that could damage their winmx experience, happily in this case our concerns have been met with positive and satisfactory responses.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 12:15:05 pm »
Nice post Guest, i agree with you.

I guess the issue most ppl are annoyed about with MXpie is that we are "Hi-jacking" winmx.

This is not the case, MXpie is first and foremost a platform to spread and advertise the Pie Patch, of course we would have rather used Winmx.com but thats not available, so we selected another name.

People must also bear in mind with FC gone and Kevin seemingly unable or unwilling to release the winmx source we must consider the long term health of Winmx, with no ongoing development, no new releases, in fact no updates at all, it makes sense to consider where we will go in the future.

Perhaps a new client to "take over" from winmx is the way forward, perhaps its not, but one thing is for sure, we will not be able to maintain the name Winmx for ever, as this a copyrighted product we dont own the rights too.

I have seen many ppl say "Winmx is owned by the people" or "Nobody owns winmx" well, sorry to burst your bubble, but FC owns Winmx not Pie, not KM, not Vladd44, not Winmxworld, not "the users" and if anyone don't believe me, simply check out the license agreement on your winmx.

WinMX, the WinMX logo, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names of WinMX and/or Frontcode Technologies appearing in the WinMX software, on the Frontcode.com web site or the WinMX.com web site are owned by Frontcode Technologies.  WinMX trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not WinMX's or Frontcode Technologies, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any way that disparages or discredits WinMX and/or Frontcode Technologies

Hence the reason behind MXpie and its new logo.

mandy

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 03:56:39 pm »
ghostship i agree you do have the right to inform ppl what is going on.

my point WAS (seen as everything is sorted out as you say it is ) you had vladd & co and km & co having ago at each other in this site and vladd44 site when their time could have been better spent sorting the problems with their projects instead of fighting online so everyone can see.  

Each team was just playing into the RIAA hands with all the fighting. coz if they are fighting they aint making winmx and mxpie better which in the end would have ment the RIAA wins again.

and as nobby said the winmx logo belongs to FC and noone else but what does belong to the ppl is the right for them to share their files freely and have programs like winmx and mxpie for them to do so.

so my view is let ppl make p2p networks like winmx its dosnt mean ppl are gonna stop using winmx coz others are out there i know many ppl who have more than 2 p2p programs on their computer. It means that the RIAA can try as they like to stop us by closing them down but they aint gonna we coz ppl like km&co and vladd&co are just gonna build them back up again.  So good luck to both teams and thank you teams for all your hard work. KEEP IT UP

and to the RIAA if ya reading get a life or better still get laid ya sound like ya need to

lol

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 06:01:31 pm »
Vladd build some thing? What? He has a hard time with note pad.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 08:00:14 pm »
First let me point any of you that have not already read this to here...

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=784

I would like to take this chance to clarify what has actually annoyed me Nobby.
Nobby wrote:
I guess the issue most ppl are annoyed about with MXpie is that we are "Hi-jacking" winmx.

Lets be clear, that this statement would include running peer caches and blocking connections of clients the PIE team chooses and excluding caches from the PIE Patch.  Valid concerns in my view.  

This is not the case, MXpie is first and foremost a platform to spread and advertise the Pie Patch, of course we would have rather used Winmx.com but thats not available, so we selected another name.

Honestly Nobby and no offense intended, but I personally have heard several reasons, from many different Team members this week.  Some of which could be valid reasons for the domain purchase, some coupled with the above concerns regarding the peer caches seem not so healthy for WinMX to me.  Its unfortunately difficult to discern the "Teams" true intension's given this fact.

I have seen many ppl say "Winmx is owned by the people" or "Nobody owns winmx" well, sorry to burst your bubble, but FC owns Winmx not Pie, not KM, not Vladd44, not Winmxworld, not "the users" and if anyone don't believe me, simply check out the license agreement on your winmx.

I think you and I are both guilty of not being clear on this point in the wording we use.  Your correct that the software named WinMX.exe doesn't belong to any of us and all rights are owned by WinMX Technologies formally known as FrontCode.  However, the WinMX Peer Newtwork is very much owned by the users now.  We as users are making it, we are responsible for maintaining it, and we are the WinMX Network.  Hope that clarifies for you any statements I have made regarding WinMX.  

Please understand that a coexistence of both our beliefs and hopes for this network are very much a possibility, the coexistence of two methods to make connections to the WPN should not be an issue.  

What we have asked for:
*We asked that all caches be included in the hosts file.

*That all connections and users be allowed to use the caches that the PIE team controls, and not discriminate based on connection type or patch.

*We asked that any issues be sent to us regarding difficulties users have with our method of connection, and visa versa.  Rather then misinforming users about what problems can actually be a result of what patch you use ie: upload, download, search results, I think that anyone with even a slight working knowledge of WinMX should be able to see these can not be affected by what patch you choose, yet untold numbers of users from Vladds forum and rooms are told deleting the Dll and installing a hosts file will fix it.  Maybe you can see my frustration with the lack of cooperation on this point.

What we have given:
*When asked to remove a struggling cache from our hosts files it was done within 20 minutes of the request by the PIE team.  

*Our full cooperations have been given regarding helping 2.5 or earlier PIE Patch users to be made aware that an update of  their PIE patch was urgent.  And I might add no statements of changing patches are coupled with this.

*We have helped users having difficulties regain their connections using  the PIE Patch.

*WinMXGroup caches are fully available to the PIE Team for use.

*WinMXGroup caches do not discriminate and block secondary users from connecting, never has and never will.

*The petition was removed from this site in order to lay ground for better communications and cooperations from the PIE Team, with the assurances that the above requests be met regarding the caches.  The communications and cooperations regarding help with problems of either patch, I am still waiting for.

My hopes are for the best for WinMX, and I believe that is a line of communications to be open and freely used by the PIE Team and WinMXGroup and a consent to allow the users a choice with the best possible information that we can give them on any issue fairly.

mandy

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 08:32:41 pm »
looks like it isnt over as yet  Ghostship coz Me Here & Nobby are still having ago at each other.

Me Here and Nobby plz stop the bickering before the RIAA come in and have a look and start rubbing their hands together thinking they have won.  :(  :cry:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 08:55:07 pm »
Mandy rest assured that the RIAA cant break us..

And if its your belief that two people having a discussion on a forum is 'having ago at each other' well... you should get around to Vladds if you think this is 'ago' at each other... giggles

I think this is civilized communications, neither of us are calling names, or seeing who can piss the farthest...

Without communication how would you have us to work together for the good of WinMx, Mandy?

*Edit*- Let me say this, if any of my statements sound sarcastic, or derogatory in any way I apologize whole heartedly, my concerns are of an honest nature and in no way are they meant to sound patronizing.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 09:25:14 pm »
Mandy

I dont consider MeHere's post in anyway an attack on me, in fact quite the opposite, its nice to see her feelings laid out in a controlled method, this allows me to actually read and understand her opinion on the current situation. Previous attempts to properly communicate such concerns have been engulfed in flaming and general chat, and the important issues often lost and buried.

Me Here

I agree civilized communication is the way forward, this is all i have been trying to maintain from the start, it all got lost in a mire of flame and dis-trust, i hold myself as responsible for that as i do others. I have spent some considerable time over the last few days along with others addressing the sorts of concerns you have posted. I hope we will have a clearer picture of intent available in the near future for all to see.

I hope the period of mis-trust and infighting is passing and a new phase of cooperation is arriving.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx