gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:09:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?  (Read 9742 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 09:42:16 pm »
Couldnt have said it better myself Nobby.. and thanks..

I look forward to hearing from you further on this, as well as your concerns.

:D

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 10:01:02 pm »
ok ya both aint having ago at each other my bad :oops:

its just i have seen so many ppl having ago on here and on Vladd44 as well that everytime i see ppl going on about winmx hijacking mxpie etc it seem like they are having ago. When we all should be united at not letting the RIAA win. (even if the ppl dont agree on things)

Me Here ok you are having a civilized discussion and nobby is not upsat by this thats great but to some ppl how you put things does come across as bit sharp and sarcastic.

and the bit about the riaa rubbing their hand was just something to lighten
the mood. i mean can you see some old suit on here reading all the posts i mean the poor git would have a Heart attack with half the things ppl are saying about the riaa on here and vladd44.

so sorry if i got it wrong and both teams keep up the good work

Offline Layzie Bone

• Forum Member
    • http://www.winrejects.net
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2005, 06:38:16 pm »
I think letting the issue be such an issue is not good for p2p. I'm not pointing fingers.

Not withstanding the whole mxpie stuff. The idea here is to get winmx running. PIE patch and ws2_ dll both seem to work fine with a few exceptions, which there always will, period.

What I make out of this mess is that Vladd44 and co. want to make a "new" p2p program that replaces winmx. Well if they do that they'll end up in the same boat as WinMX did and they'll be back to square one. Why? it is not possible to connect to a network and not talk to a main computer (peer cache), you just can't find files without some sort of centralization at some point. This is why they'll lose with mx pie. I don't need to know the specs or the code, it's a simple concept, even if you make 100's of peer caches that belong to 100's of people your network will slowly deteriorate. It's better with winmx being the way it is, it's more guerrila warfare, it's harder to find. They dont know who's running those peer caches. I dont know how mx pie will operate as far as how it connects to it's network, but i imagine it will be pretty much similar to how anything else connects, talks to a main server, and then the main server since it manages 1000's of connections it will bring you search results and information about other users to you.

Both sides, we're fucked either way. It doesn't matter if we go with some pie or stick to winmx. I think staying with winmx is better since there's more confidentality to it, whereas if we start another group we have fewer numbers and more targets.

I think when we go on talking about who is or is going to run a peer cache server that stuff needs to be on the low. We need to know who is able to read certian material on our sites. If you think the RIAA isn't reading this, you're insnane. You better believe it, we dont want to make it easy for them to obtian information.

Unless you can come up with a way we can connect to a network without having to connect to a main computer (peer cache), it will be the same. The good thing is that if we get 1000's of peer caches and people to replace the ones who get the Cease and Desist letters, the network will live for a long time.

About the Peer Gaurdian and Sherwood. I don't know exactly how much bad stuff is blocked by these applications, but, I assure you that the RIAA and other orgs are aware of them and they know what they block. Therefore, it is fair to say it would take someone spying on them to find out every bad address. I'm not saying that these apps don't block them, they do, but it is fair to say that they are aware about them. Yes the people in the higher ups of the organization probably doesn't know thier ass from a hole in the ground about our network, but the people they hire to do thier dirty work do, in most cases.

I'm not ripping on anybody in particular and I'll repeat this on vladd's site, because I can, if they ban me so what, I have other sites I visit and I dont regularly post there.

The issue is continuing this route will infact destroy this side of p2p, and all we'll have left is Bit Torrent and crap with spy ware of stuff that we have to pay for.

Bit Torrent isn't all that great, it's how I got my internet cut off on campus. So, I'd rather not be stuck with Bit Torrent and bull shit.

A side note about the ownership, legally and morally speaking it does belong to Kevin Hearn. Since he has been forced to shut it down, it really doesn't matter. It's a dead program technically. Since it's dead it's a toy. It really doesn't belong to him and Frontcode any longer, he may obtain the copyright, the power to sue the one's who altered it, but essentially it doesn't matter.

The best way is to team up. shut up. and give the RIAA a ride to hell.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2005, 09:05:41 pm »
Hi Layzie nice to see you around again, you may remember me from CricketMx  :wink:

I did actually read your post on there and now this one, they seem to be coming from two different angles but thats not important, having read though your post here I can say the flooders are being blocked to at least 90% efficiency using the dll and special tools are being used to achieve this, I will say no more on this but they really cannot hide.

As regards the caches they are not all located in any one country and so unless there is some major world wide law enactment winmxgroup are confident of having no problems.

A special program already exists to allow peer-less connection but we have not publicised this heavily as we need to restore a more normal enviroment for the users.

Now to the most important part of your post co-operation..

Having kept my ears open and learned plenty from those who know what they where talking about I ventured to Vladds site to share some of that knowledge, what I received there was personal abuse and no longer feel the need to bother with those who seen more interested in themselves than the network, infact if they closed shop tomorrow it will not make one ounce of difference to any user, thats the facts of the matter.

We have all the facilities here for keeping the network alive without waking up any RIAA giants, we conduct research and provide information to those that have a need for it and we actually use WinMX unlike many of those who claim to champion it, so to put it bluntly will continue co-operating with those who count .... the users.

Offline Layzie Bone

• Forum Member
    • http://www.winrejects.net
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2005, 06:26:05 pm »
so basically we return to the movie twister, one is about the science and one is about glory.

Politics and p2p dont mix well, I guess vladd doesn't see that.

Let me see if this makes sense. The people who run the peer caches for winmx work with both pie and the ws2_.dll? Or does it work differently.

Stealth

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2005, 06:50:11 pm »
Quote from: Layzie Bone
Let me see if this makes sense. The people who run the peer caches for winmx work with both pie and the ws2_.dll? Or does it work differently.

The way in which the patches connect to the servers is basically the same in that we connect to a server but with DLL the new IP address of a changed server is updated by winmxgroup.com so that we don’t have to update a thing to connect.

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
heffer dust
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 05:40:55 am »
never liked playing in the stuff or shooting it seems to some it is a major occupation something like being a bingo addict !
lets get to something more important like rebuilding the library and stop file flooding . if we dont provide selection and clean files people will loose interest seems to be a win win situation if we can accomplish the network rebuild!
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 08:38:49 am »
Thats something we all need to engage in Dabud bringing WinMX to the attention of anyone we can and making sure we have a choice of good files of reasonable quality are important goals.

Things have been picking up of late with more activity being noticed, so I have hope that the network will once again flourish.  :)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
winmx at war
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2005, 02:48:55 am »
I have seen many discussions around and a lot of guessing what's going on. I will put another opinion to the discussion and not with the intention to make more confusion. I see the pie team in no other way than a group of dedicated people trying to hold the WinMx users group together and by doing that, a strong network.

The Pieteam is accused of making a Trojan to delete a dll patch with the next version of piepatch installer. looks ok to me, as we all know the pie patch and the dll path don't mix very well.

If I go on, the dll patch is to be called a Trojan too, deleting the piepatch lines from the hosts file, restoring it to default, for the very same reason.
looks ok to me.

Now I will explain my pro piepatch and contra dll patch
The piepatch shows me clear and in plain text what is going on, makes it possible to see what cache servers are included.

The dll patch however does not allow that and if I read well the latest version will be automatically upgraded when needed, in other words, it has a backdoor making it possible tho change the file without my knowledge.
Next to that, it has a built in IPfilter, which might be upgradable as well?
I would like to decide myself what to filter or not.

In both cases I have no control what is filtered on the server side, which means, if your IP is blocked by all caches, you cannot connect to the peer at all, unless you know the IP of an connected primary. which is what you request the cache server for.

This is the situation as it is now. We all use a P2P client of 2 years old and were in fact all looking forward to the new release to be expected around the end of this year. We know now we can forget about that new release.

So in the near future the development of a new client should be started and if possible with the same look and feel as WinMx, but maybe based on an entirely new P2P concept making the need of cache servers obsolete.

For the time being we will have to do with the current situation and IMHO it is a big waste of time to fight over the difference in the temporary solutions. Both are not perfect if you are honest.

Let the users decide which way to connect to the WinMx peer and have the problems solved by the builders of the patch.

If I'm wrong about the way the dll patch works, I'm sorry, but it is nowhere explained and not open source as the new network is supposed to be.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2005, 04:25:18 am »
Good to see you pop by Ome  :)  

Your points are very relevant  and well put, one of the main reasons why we prefer the non host solution is the flooder blocking along with the ability to be able to switch to any cache server groups in les than ten seconds, this requires a new host file to achieve and although the host is a solid system it does have its own drawbacks.

I agree with you on many of your future looking predictions but from what I can see nothing is coming of it for at least 6 months and this has been in the front of our mind when making plans , rushing into things is not a good idea, like building your house on the sand.

We have been hearing a lot from Vladds forum about open sourcing items but aside from a host file that we have ourselves for those wishing it we have seen nothing on this front and to many it looks like they do not have the technical know how to back up there plans I wait to be convinced otherwise.

Enough of the politics ..lol  I,m very confident we will have some sort of releases or perhaps a new type of solution as the present system allows a few folks to exercise a control over the many and that certainly is not the way forward for any user.

Are you a programmer Ome ?

annie

forums
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2005, 10:18:26 am »
sounds like u all want to take winmx away from the people and save it for the riaa......is this what you all want?come on get a fookin life jerks!!!! get your shiat together and learn to work and play well together mx works fine and learn to live with it !!!!

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: forums
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2005, 10:39:34 am »
Quote from: annie
sounds like u all want to take winmx away from the people and save it for the riaa

Winmx has never been "owned by the people" it was and still is owned by Frontcode.

However there is a strong community, again, not owned by the people, or indeed anyone, and although you will see some politics, a little flaming and some lost tempers, i still beleive we have 2 good working solutions and a user base steadily increasing, weather or not it will ever return to its former glory is another question, but one thing is for sure, whatever has happened to Kevin and Frontcode, the community lives on.

KM

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2005, 02:49:33 pm »
frontcode tried to shut down winmx and couldn't, shows how much control they have over it... they don't own it any more :-P

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2005, 03:03:39 pm »
Again with this...

The WinMX Peer Network is infact owned by the users.  We are all responsible for being a part of it, and maintaining it responsibly ie: using means to block flooders, keeping settings appropriate for our system and the network.

The rights to the WinMX Software still soley belong to Kevin and WinMX Technologies.

So saying that the community is not owned by the community makes no sense really.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2005, 06:54:36 pm »
Quote from: me here
Again with this...

The WinMX Peer Network is infact owned by the users.  We are all responsible for being a part of it, and maintaining it responsibly ie: using means to block flooders, keeping settings appropriate for our system and the network.

The rights to the WinMX Software still soley belong to Kevin and WinMX Technologies.

So saying that the community is not owned by the community makes no sense really.

Firstly please supply me with the documentation showing "the users" own the Winmx peer network.

Secondly i pointed out that Winmx is owned by someone, i can post the license agreement if you wish?

thirdly:

Quote from: me here

what i actually said was:

Quote from: ..Ñøßߥ..

However there is a strong community, again, not owned by the people, or indeed anyone

But whatever, im tired of the school yard stuff.

KM

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2005, 08:00:11 pm »
if kevin owned it and had any control over of it, he could shut it down

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2005, 07:19:34 am »
Quote from: KM
if kevin owned it and had any control over of it, he could shut it down

And Coca Cola can control or stop you drinking the can in your fridge??

You know the situation perfectly well, if you didnt you would be using www.winmx.com by now.

chuck

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2005, 09:43:19 am »
would that not couse a conflict with thepie host file useing  www.winmx.com as a redrect?

Blue

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 08:19:34 pm »
Listen all you stupid people i don't care whats going on if mx gets shutted down somebody is going to pay i have the power to do it and i will if i have to so be careful what you do... the RIAA can't do anything, thier just a bunch of stupid people. MX IS THE BEST !!!

Annie

why should mx be shut down???
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2005, 08:35:25 pm »
come on ppl....give mx back to its rightful owners and keep the riaa out of it......we all need to get along and learn to work and play well together....look at the chatrooms how well everything goes there....check out the ABC..MO room and how well it has merged together....everyone can learn a good lesson there..its all about team work folks!!!..now do you want to lose mx or do you want to have a place to relax when u come home from a hard days work????..give us a break!!!!!!.....a concerned user....please give us our mx!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Whats Going On At Vladds Forum ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx