gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 05:15:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Thanks eagle.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thanks eagle.  (Read 2444 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Thanks eagle.
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:13 pm »
We have been getting a lot thanks to eagle for the patch. I would like it if anyone is able to write something for eagle to read.  :yes:
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: Thanks eagle.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:40:51 pm »
I have not used or even tested the patch yet, but I still want to say thanks in advance just in case I forget to say it later.

The WinMX communities have overcome many obstacles over the past 3 years to keep this wonderful program running. From the split after Frontcode's closure to the battles against fake files and virus-ridden fake versions of WinMX being SOLD on the web, many who have worked behind the scenes could have just given up and WinMX would have become another unappreciated legacy.

With people being willing to stick with the program and believe, WinMX's userbase has continued to grow again, which is great of course, but Eagle has been able to do something that no one else has: give reason and a way to stop the battling and bring the "Hatfields and the McCoys" back together again as one community.

Saying "thanks" is not nearly enough to actually convey what you have done.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:02:37 pm »
Thankyou Eagle   and everyone else involved in producing this new patch and indeed providing us all with the servers for us to use winmx :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:11:54 pm »
hmm... how does one thank someone for something like this?? or rather... thank them enough?

if nothing else id like to thank him for putting humpty dumpty (KM vs WMW vs Vladd vs PIE.. etc) back together again...

@cobra; try it... seriously.. it works... and works well... (the quick connect times are unreal)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:32:15 pm »
I will get to it, Silver Stripes. I just can't right now because I have been using a massive amount of my bandwidth for several days now with a few days to go on another project. I shut down WinMX as a whole because all uploads and downloads were timing out.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:04:44 pm »
EaglE, Your very modest person, you will most certainly blush when you read these replies and I can't tell you just what a treasure that in itself is.

Thank you Eagle for your work, for your humility, patience, and enourmous efforts in healing this community.  I hope you rest at nite knowing that although this is just a 'small' p2p network, you've given it wings to one day soar again as one of the greatest network available.

Thank you for giving me Back the WinMX I love!!   :kiss: :kiss:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 11:27:45 pm »
All the above posts say it all

Thanks Eagle   :-D

Offline thunderwinds

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 07:14:24 am »
I realy don't know how else to say it except, Thanks!! and well done.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 05:13:54 pm »
I have thanked Eagle perhaps many more times than most of you here but lets be honest he has ensured through his own selfless actions that the community can once again thrive and grow.
With the closure of winmxgroup the candle was visibly burning down in terms of a satisfied userbase, after all with no way of upgrading any further and a  legacy dll protection system affecting all potential new developements we where in a tight corner, other coders (Hollow-Life, Maxe) where drafted in lets not forget their excellent efforts folks but in the end only one Patch was able to do what was required and meet the tight specs we needed to ensure the co-operation of the other community groups, Eagle delivered this patch and would likely have been adding yet more to it if we hadnt reminded him the users needed their share of the new "gold" before it was pension time  :lol:

Along with the 2005 resurrection of the community and KM's initial filtering dll release, this project has been something pivotal and spectacular, the name behind that spectacular success is Eagle, a craftsman of code.

Many thanks Eagle  8)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 06:53:29 pm »
And lets not forget that we also have to thank him for the new and improved cache software we're using.

With that it's possible to run a cache on Windows without any problems, something KM said wasn't really possible.
This helps enormously with finding cache hosts as there are way more windows servers out there than Linux it seems.
Just thought I'd add this to the list of things to thank him for :)

That being said leaves me to say: Great work all around EaglE !  :thumbs:

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Programmer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:14 pm »
Another approved place for the patch download:

http://www.patchwinmx.com

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 06:27:52 am »
Thanks so much EaglE! I always knew that WinMX was the best p2p, and your work has gone far to prove it!

Bluehaze-
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54:15 pm »
I don't understand the technical stuff, but I can see that Eagle has stepped up to the plate and worked hard at giving the community something it needed very much. Thank you to Eagle for the hard work, and to everyone who gave him feed back about how the trial version was going.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Thanks eagle.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx