gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:45:22 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Community Patch Issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Community Patch Issue  (Read 22099 times)

Re: Community Patch Issue
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 12:49:12 am »
Thanks for the reply reef I will try that but in the meantime the program is now working? While I had the prog open I thought I would try to see what settings I had set im the wireless router it was while this was open that mx started working. I could search, download and upload? Nothing was set in wireless settings while I had it open and having closed the router admin prog mx is still working I have DLed three tracks and am uploading a video!!!

Probably be back to square one when I reboot  :( but we shall see.

I will try your suggestion after I have rebooted and loaded mx

Once again thanks
I didn't touch it, it just fell off!

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 01:08:58 am »
It sounds like the problem may not be with you at all, but with your ISP blocking connections to WinMX. Pretty sure i've read that tiscali is known for such practices. If this is the case theres not much that can be done other than change to another Internet Provider. Just keep an eye on it and see if its only happening at certain times of the day/night. Post back with anything ya find out :suspious:

Marcus Mangus

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 01:53:01 am »
I've been having a problem with mine. I reformatted my computer.. I had WinMX before and it worked perfectly, the only difference is that I did not download this new patch. I kept the one before this new one. Anyways, I downloaded both 3.54 and 3.53 with the patch included and it does not work. It worked once, then when I shut it down and start it up again, MX starts up with a small box with a red circle with an X inside of it. Inside the box is nothing expect the X. There is no error code/number and no information on what's wrong. Also, when I do nothing it doesn't flash anything, it just stays offline and when I click on Connect, the yellow bar appears but does not flash. It's as if the program was frozen, but its not because I can still access everything, expect the rooms (i've tried pasting the WinMX Community Patch help room and it didn't work) and of course I can't get any search results and channel results. At the top it says "WinMX Community Patch 1.0 - Thanks EaglE !   <FSR=0 BC=0>.

Not sure what's causing this, but I can tell you i'm frustrated as I cannot seem to find any older patches and it seems like this new patch is dominate. If there any possible solution to my problem, as I have not changed anything related to my internet nor my router and the old patches worked like charms, but this one is making MX act EXTREMELY weird, or should I say not act at all.. :/

Thanks.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 08:04:41 am »
Can you confirm the download location please Marcus and also give some info about your system such as operating system, usage of third party tools, you connection type, whether your pri or sec user, type of anti virus solution used , firewall programs (windows or other or both).

Without such ancillary information the root causes of problems are harder to locate.

On a note of hope for those having problems:
For one user whom Birdman sent to us the problem was found to be an anti-virus solution called "threatfire" its removal caused MX to operate as it should do.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 04:08:14 pm »
Yes thankyou to the guys in the winmxworld help room they sorted one of the people i sent to them i aint seen the other people i mentioned earlier as of yet but will mention their anti virus may be causing their issue as this was found to be the problem with the person i sent to the help room an now his winmx is working fine having removed his anti virus  that came free with his pc and instaling AVG antivirus !!

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »
It sounds like the problem may not be with you at all, but with your ISP blocking connections to WinMX. Pretty sure i've read that tiscali is known for such practices. If this is the case theres not much that can be done other than change to another Internet Provider. Just keep an eye on it and see if its only happening at certain times of the day/night. Post back with anything ya find out :suspious:

Not sure about the blocking! Mx is working but not as yesterday I have manged to DDL 1 file the rest are timing out. I have not had 1 UL as all people are timing out, :-(

Not practicall to change ISP's at the moment one for the future methinks,

Any ideas as to what I can do to rectify the time out problem?

matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 12:29:47 am »
i'm having a problem getting files t come up on the search. it say's that i'm connected but when i try to search nothing comes up. also i noticed that only 2 chat rooms appear if i go into the chat area. i tried searching some very common nams such as weezer or 50 cent and nothing comes up at all????? i tried downloading 3.53 and 3.54b4 it makes no difference either way

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:29 am »
Have you seen this issue more than once Matt ?

Please folks, help us to help you, when reporting a problem please provide some information regarding your setup, this will save you time and frustration.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:43 am »
«]¥[¹» Pë©khämïtë441,

Hi Peckhamite,
Your ISP is likely your problem as its Tiscali aka pipex aka Dynamic DSL.  They block WinMX connection during what they consider peak hours (6:30pm to 11:30pm nightly I'm told), and no patch change will fix this.  Unfortunately what you'll find is that this is total coincidence, that your area was targeted by Tiscali at the time you used the new patch.
PM me if you have any questions about this as I may be able to provide you an older patch so that you can see for your self it makes no difference.  The odd error box you got is a common thing when ISP is blocking WinMX Connection completely.  At the time WinMX was built there were no 'total blocking connection by ISP' issues and it simplly knows there is an error but not 'what' error.

Matt,
We really do need more information, this wont be a patch related issue persay its going to be the fact that your attempting to use primary but your ports are not open, either in a firewall or more likely a router or dsl modem with router ability without uPnP enabled.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 01:40:48 pm »
Thanks for the info Me Here I will just have to go on earlier and avoid the buggers  :D

matt H.

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 12:50:46 pm »
my winmx always used to work fine but it seems like just in the last 2-3 weeks or so it has stopped returning results.  i have made sure that i am searching for the right file types and that sort of thing and i just can't figure it out. the bar at the bottom just says "waiting for results..."

matt H.

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 12:57:25 pm »
me here, that might be the problem we did put in a new router about the time that the problem started. is there any way to fix this????

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 11:04:03 pm »
Yes Matt

There are two things you can do, one is quick short term fix for now to get you up and working only.
Open WinMX Settings > Incoming TCP and select the 'Unable' option.
Open now In/Out UDP and do the same.
Restart WinMX in Secondary mode (Networks Page > Make a Secondary Connection)
This will get you working in secondary for now.

If you can give us your Router details  Name and Model of the router you have, we can either tell you how to turn on the uPnP settings that allow WinMX to auto open ports as its needed, or get you a direct guide (if your router doesnt allow uPnP for example) on how to manually forward your ports.

:)

Offline crissy1227

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 03:45:15 pm »
I just had to reformat my comp and now when I go to winmx to chat rooms there are no chat rooms there. I have been using these rooms for karaoke for years. What am I doing wrong since reformat?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 10:49:19 pm »
Hi Chrissy

Can you tell me if the ports are the same in the router/modem as they were before you formated. Also have you checked your firewall to make sure that winmx is allowed?

Please post back after you have done this to make sure it isnt those. 

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:16 am »
Its prolly also worth mentioning that when you format often the router will reassign a new internal IP (private IP or Lan IP) some routers call them. and if you have rules in a router, you'll also need to check that matches.

Clicking Start > Run > type in    cmd and then say OK.
in the Black box type    ipconfig then hit the enter key, will give you the 'IP Address' the PC is using now.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 01:48:43 am »
OK Gang, I am using the latest WinMX and Community patch 1 with a D-Link LI LB604 Load balancing router.  I am an advanced user and former PC dealer.   Your patch applies a UPNP but DOES NOT LET IT GO when you stop WinMX.   So the next time I run WinMX it finds the ports are still in use.  Does not say anything but does not let traffic through either as my TCP and UDP ports are still blocked.   Simple fix guys... when are you gonna do it???  I am seeing a LOT of users these days with connection issues and that is the reason I am sure.

When I can upload and download at will on WinMX but about 20% of users can not connect to me, or me to them I know there is a big issue out there that needs sorting.   I was tempted to blame flooders but I am seeing more than that.   And Ping does not work anymore, no idea why.   The majority of users of course can connect and download from me with no bother, but what about the other 20%?
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 02:01:35 am »
people had issues before UPNP was added.
in the oledlg.ini file you can change the line
/enableupnp 1
to
/enableupnp 0
and it will disable UPNP
the connection issues come from the use of a router or software firewall peroid.
while upnp can be improved not all firewalls and router support them and thus users will continue to have issues.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 02:15:09 am »
Hate to say this Tower but what your asking for is already in place and working fine for most other folks.

As Bacon points out you can set the router UPNP to not operate and set your ports up manually or look at why your router is holding the ports open as I can assure you that there is a time-our feature in the upnp dialogue to ensure if its not refreshed regularly it will close the ports, they are also only able to stay open with the patch running inside the winmx process for this same reason so I would look closer to home and perhaps take a peek at your router firmware.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 02:35:51 am »
on portforward.com are several less easy to find pages to help you find the problem
hard and software firewalls
a nifty tool to test your ports
When using UPNP you should find the WinMx ports either in use or closed.

Most Router will have problems when you try to use portforwarding and UPNP at the same time for the same application and ports

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Community Patch Issue

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx