gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:37:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Community Patch Issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Community Patch Issue  (Read 22057 times)

Offline tower

• Forum Member
Re: Community Patch Issue
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 01:44:20 am »
Hate to say this Tower but what your asking for is already in place and working fine for most other folks.

As Bacon points out you can set the router UPNP to not operate and set your ports up manually or look at why your router is holding the ports open as I can assure you that there is a timeout feature in the upnp dialogue to ensure if its not refreshed regularly it will close the ports, they are also only able to stay open with the patch running inside the winmx process for this same reason so I would look closer to home and perhaps take a peek at your router firmware.

Yes the Router firmware is not very good.   The model was discontinued after less than a year and no hardware or flash update is available so I am stuck meantime.   I am going to set a fixed address for my base PC and manually add ports for WinMX to use and switch off the Upnp which on this model has never really worked well.  If it was not for the load balance requirement I would just do away with it all together as the router is more bother than it is worth.
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 01:49:06 am »
There are a couple Linux based firmwares that support load balancing. (Tomato is one). You might want to have a gander and see if your model is on the list. If you have the room (16mb of rom 8mb ram) on the router some of the larger ones may have a plugin for load balancing such as DD-WRT. Usually flashing these units can be risky so make sure you know exactly what your doing and that if you're unsure a replacement is available on ebay and such before you attempt to flash and possible end up bricking the thing.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »
OK Gang, work to do I guess.   I am a former computer dealer so very IT literate.   This is NOT a problem my end.   I have tried on two PC's 2 Operating systems Vista 64 and XP 32, two ISP's  Ontera and Northland, two ways to connect to the net - DSL and Cable Modem.   WinMX Community patch does NOT connect as a primary from Northern Ontario in any way, shape or form without a lot of tweaking.   It is even then hit or miss, more miss than hit I may add.   Now the way I see it is the network on primary connections does not work in Canada, or I am missing something.   And I am running out of things to blame.   It is NOT my router, ISP or OS, or my settings so any idea's people?   A clue is I can not ping in Vista 64 even with all the windows features turned on.   Sorry I can not be of more help.
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 01:24:55 pm »
OK more tests as I hate to fail or leave some one else to sort out my primary connection issues.   I seem to be able to connect if I let WinMX (after changing all my port numbers before starting the software) connect as a secondary, then right away click on the primary connect button.   NO IDEA what than means and again I can not do this every time, so something is going on with the network and I suspect flooding of some sort or another in North America.
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 11:54:58 pm »
I will do some investigating of the primary concern Tower.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 02:00:29 pm »
I will do some investigating of the primary concern Tower.

Thank you Sir,  I am still having to change port numbers both UDP and TCP every time I log on as a primary and it is hit or miss most of the time.   The really annoying thing is the port self tester on the set up wizzard can say my ports are OK yet no secondary users connect to me after hours online and I can not get any peers to connect to me or search results for common songs.   As soon as my port numbers are working I know right away as the total number of users are greater than 20,000 most days and my search results come flooding in, as to people connection to me and after a while I have secondary users using my primary connection, but every time I go through a performance of port changing and messing about, and once I get the ports to both Work for a session the very next time I run WinMX with those ports, they are blocked again so something is up and it is NOT my end at fault.
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2009, 02:02:56 pm »
Oh I should add my online user name is Rigmar Radio and thousands of WinMX users over the years have downloaded from me.   My library currently is in excess of 15,000 items.   All correctly tagged and most at bit rates greater than 128Kbs.   I am reduced to using limewire pro 5 now.
Kind regards,   Tom.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Community Patch Issue

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx