gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 07:39:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  RoboMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RoboMX  (Read 16116 times)

Ace1

RoboMX
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:36:41 am »
What i was wondering was, with the system sounds that is built into it. Is it possible to have instead of only limitting it to .wav possibly different file formats for example .wmv

If anyone could shed some light on how i could change this or possibly if theres an update there somewhere?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: RoboMX
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:06:47 am »
It is possible to make such an update as RoboMx is an open src program but its been our policy here to not support a format such as WMA/WMV as they are firstly often a weak point in terms of being file types that have security exploits attached to their use and also because they are proprietory Microsoft formats.

WMV is a video format btw I think the type of file your thinking of is WMA, other audio formats may be worth looking at however.

Ace1

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:08 pm »
Well i wanna get my hands on an update that can play different file formats instead of .WAV, where do i start?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:26:00 am »
I think the support of different file types relies on what is actually supported natively by windows, so can you say exactly what types of file your looking to use, a list of the extensions will be all I need to check whats possible for you and maybe get one of the crew here to throw an update together.

Ace1

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 03:49:49 am »
Thanks for the quick reply Ghostship, what i was possibly thinking was...

- WMV - Video

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:58:24 am »
For the life of me I cannot see why RoboMX would want to be displaying Video , is there some reason behind this I have been thinking it over for over a day now but the logic of why a chat client would want to play back Video clips escapes me  :o

Ace1

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:26:13 am »
Just avatar clips. I understand if it cannot be done.

But yeah, i would looooove for this to be able to be done.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 06:08:04 pm »
hello,

I must admit i love the idea  :thumbs:

I just think .gif would be enough... expecially to be able to add them to the pop ip user menu's

greetings,.. Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 06:09:24 pm »
I meant "POP UP"

lol
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Ace1

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 12:25:56 am »
So when can we get started on a possible update for Robo? :P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 05:18:35 pm »
I was just looking over the robomx 2.08 src and whilst doing so I fired Robo up to cofirm something I half remembered .

It seems RoboMX already has what your asking for in the shape of tooltips that display a picture of your choice in the userlist Panel

You can add avatars to folks on the userlist by right-clicking on their UserNames selecting "Advanced", then selecting the bottom menu item "Set Picture" this will then take any image you choose and you will see it when you hover over that user.

The other way for you to set an image for yourself and others is found in the following menu tree  View ->Options ->User Tooltips
(If you cant see this option tick the box entitled "Expert Settings" at the lower left of the window)
From here you can set each user an avatar of your choice that is stored locally, you'll notice this feature is shown in the tooltip script on that page using the variable %UserImage%.

I hope this precludes any programming work..lol

Ace1

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 01:48:22 am »
But i wanted it to happen through word triggers, aka typing it in the room... but thanks for the alternative.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 05:44:59 pm »
It seems RoboMX already has what your asking for in the shape of tooltips that display a picture of your choice in the userlist Panel

thats what i meant by the pop up however that does not support gif's neither does the function that Ace is talking about.

Although i would like to see ace's idea working it is never a must update but it still is a good idea :lol:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 04:10:52 am »
It will display Gif image types but only the initial frame, thus any motion is lost, I,m not sure if this affects all sizes but on the test image I just tested there was no activity.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:49 am »
hi ghost

all i know is that i never got them working to my satisfaction, the way my RMX is now is pretty deluxe allready but something new might tempt me to mess with the configs again :P
but even if nothing new is added RMX will keep on being a great tool

Greetings, .. joshua203

Ace1

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 11:29:11 pm »
Ok, so the above query kinda went unanswered thus believing that an update to play .wma instead of .wav isnt possible.

I do however have a second question for Robomx scripting.

My scenario is this...

I have robomx reply on my trigger which would be 3 lines.

If someone was to type something within those 3 lines, could Robomx stop it's remaining lines to come? aka stop Robo in it's tracks?

If that wasnt hard enough? I was wondering if only a handful of words could be it's trigger to stop it.

For example !Stop

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 12:56:43 am »
What your asking for is controlled by forces outside the realm of physics, Robo sends its info in packets as does your client/server I dont know of anything that can drop packets in the expectation that another one may arrive after its been send to the server/client, your forgetting to allow for network propagation time.

Please take note I have at no stage said its impossible to ask Robo to open wmv files I,m sure its completely possible, however wmv files are not a file type we support for filesharing, they contain tracable information in the form of an ID number of the machine that created them that can be matched to an IP via microsofts update facility, this coupled with your rather vague description of where the file is supposed to appear and when are perhaps reasons you have ignored the previous answer to your question. 

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:05 am »
an oldish thread to comment on, but a thought anyway:

i assume that you wanted to display video in the actual chat space...

2 things, the chat space is a kind of continuous log of what has been typed in the actual typing bar, and, from experience with past dabblings with a popular IM program, stuff displayed in rooms, (fonts, smiley icons) could only be displayed if the file being displayed was on the actual PC of whoever was in that chatroom.

I had an auto-post message that displayed the Coca Cola logo if i triggered it by typing a C in that font set, cos i had it on my PC as a font

Nobody else could see it, only a C. Same applied to the Norty smilies...

So i guess you would need to give everyone a copy of the video clip, then it would display on triggering....
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  RoboMX

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx