gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:50:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Converting file types
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Converting file types  (Read 4050 times)

johnbilljoe

Converting file types
« on: May 16, 2005, 11:15:49 pm »
I recently lost all my music in a major computer meltdown - I have managed to rip files from my cds back in the system and redownload many more, but I only want to share my mp3 files not the wma files from the discs due to saftey issues.  But I can't figure out how to convert the wma files - there are tons and i want to share them. :D  :D

Offline Rock001

• Forum Member
Converting file types
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 04:57:13 am »
One of the best ways to do this is to rip the music into MP3 instead of converting them ( if you convert .wma files into mp3 then its still a safty issue ) the best program i have found is Free Rip Mp3, This program is freeware, which means that it is free to use for how ever long u wish :)
Still kickin' and screaming'!

Karet from Music by Karet

Converting file types
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 04:53:17 pm »
Thanks Rock for that information  :D
If you still need a converting program to convert .wma's to .mp3's visit:

www.wma-mp3.com

:D

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Converting file types
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:18:46 pm »
Hi Karet, great to see ya here.

Thanks for  that link, we get lots of folks that want to convert wma to mp3 format, want to be sure folks know that those programs as most I know of arent freeware.

Also, if you do convert your wma files its still very important to use a Tag Tool on them to remove any identifying information about yourself.

You can get a great Tag Tool here:
MP3 Tag Tool

Happy Hunting  :wink:

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
Converting file types
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 09:53:42 pm »
I always used a program called "Blaze media pro" for converting stuff. It lets you convert between MP3, WMA, WAV, and OGG if I remember right.
It also lets you convert video files between the various codecs you have installed. Shame it's not freeware, but it's a 21 days trial that never expires, so it's almost free :D
I don't know where to download it, I got it from a CD in a computer magazine, but I'm sharing the file on WinMX, so come to the WinMxWorld.Com chatroom and ask me if anyone wants it  :)

Karet

Converting file types
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 01:43:10 pm »
Thanks Neutron for that bit of handy information -I may have to come see ya'll there   :D

And as Me Here said, ALWAYS use a tagging program  :D

I myself use ID3v2; like Neutron though I don't know the website, but you can *come see me in Music by Karet* and I have it in my shares.

**The room is currently hosted by a temp as a "phone guy" came over yesterday and fixed the "static" in the phones while I was at work and my ol' Lady was home and said OK.  Now I have to wait until Sun.-Mon. to get the lines going into the house corrected. But it is still there and I should be able to put the real thing back up soon! Hope to see ya'll there.  :D

Karet

Converting file types
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:44:32 pm »
Oh and btw, that program is COMPLETLY free
 :D  :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Converting file types

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx