gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 02:27:01 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New Chat Server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Chat Server  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Jakey

• Forum Member
New Chat Server
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:02:20 am »
Hey guys, since fxserver is pretty much still the most widely used chat server, I was thinking of making a new one. It will be all fancy like fxserver, but will still have the function ability as a chat room. I was just wondering what everyone would want as features.

Ideas so far: (this might not be all im kind of brain dead lol)

* Letter admin system (like wcs/fxserver) C = color text, N = newline etc..
* Colored text (ability to set 1-38 or use 1-255)
* all the existing commands of fxserver/wcs
* cool black/silver/chrome custom gui :D
* Server side talking in the room
* Userlist with (username,files,speed,ip,hostname,country,access, last text said, last login, total data (ul/dl), primary/secondary, and more...)
* built in gui settings editor (no need for editing in notepad)
* bandwidth monitor (graphing)
* advanced peer network settings (primary numbers, total data to and from each primary, (info=best quality primary, limiting bandwidth, (super push mode, and more..)
* advanced logging (fully customizable)
* plug in system (basically unlimited expandability, almost all functions for the server will be interfaced)
* maybe fully skinnable

can i have some other ideas?

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
Re: New Chat Server
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:29 am »
I like what you have got there, as a starting point. I think people will ask as they play, if you know what i mean.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:04 am »
Many of the key items you have mentioned already appear in the unfinished Nacs server created by Nushi, I,ll be interested in what this looks like and would of course like to remind you to take steps against buffer overflows in all string areas as these have been the most common methods of disruption over the years for chat servers.

Good Luck btw Jakey and I hope to hear more on this useful sounding project  :-D

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:21 am »
I would also like to add if you have any problems, please do contact us. Their are many of us here that will be more than happy to explain certain packets or add input on additions you may want to add. Their is also a coding section on this site that we could add you too in future with lots of added little goodies. I look forward to seeing your first alpha to try. Best wish's :D
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:28:36 am »
Good luck Jakey in trying to make this chat server.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Jakey

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:21:53 am »
I was giving It more thought and I think I might have the admin system be able to be overwritten. Like if a plugin is named AdminSystem.dll the built in admin system would be disabled and it would be up to the plugin to handle what commands are used and what happens when they are used etc. But this would be very hard to implimen and allow other plugins to used. But I could also have everything built on plugins where the server itself only handles the connections and everything else would be implimented with plugins.  The bamdwidth monitor, settings window, and everyhing would be loaded from a plugin by again this would be hard to impliment and have other plugins working together. 

I just don't know. I might just leave the admin system as part of the core And interface most chat events and interface server functions. 

Have any ideas on what kind I system I should go with?

Offline Jakey

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 09:25:37 am »
Also should I impliment automatic updates? This would be disabled by default but when you firs setup the server it will ask if to want to enable automatc updating and installing, or just to tell you when updates are avaliable.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 12:10:50 pm »
just to tell. saves you being accused of anything. Not everyone trusts things like that.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 09:17:31 pm »
It would really help to have the rswcs server available for download here on winmxworld. Maybe Rockefeller Skank could post some info about the nature of the bug he said he fixed in the original wcs file. Going around from chatroom to chatroom is not the best way of getting the word out there unless it is done in a NICE way (informative and non-threatening). Simply post the info here and then give people the link. No need for dramatic demonstrations to show you can crash a chatroom.  Many people have no idea who he is and therefore don't trust him. Something that is posted here and made available for download will be accepted as coming from a trusted source by most winmx users. JMHO

I don't know why my previous post was removed, maybe it's out of spite for getting banned from my room or maybe I just didn't post it in the right forum but what I had said was simply the truth. :(

/<itty=^..^=

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:02 pm »
Hi /<itty, your previous post was not removed but like this one you had hijacked a topic, albeit accidently I,m sure, so your post was turned into a new thread.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=7675.0.html

There will be no further talk of WCS variants in this topic please folks, if after reading the link above, you wish to make a post regarding off topic events please start a new thread.

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:46:49 pm »
I'm sorry ghostship - I had no intentions of hijacking anything. I seen information posted about rswcs in he other one so I assumed that was the forum to post about it, same with this thread here, I thought it pertained to new variants of older servers as well as brand new. My apologies. :/
/<itty=^..^=

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:42 pm »
Alls well that ends well  :)

Offline Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

• WANABE WINMX CHAT SERVER HACKER
  • Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 08:18:27 am »
I dont mean to continue this but just would like to point out to kitty and many others, I made R§WCS not wmw. therefore if i choose to only release it in one forum and not make posts all across wmw etc that is my choice. Wmw is not the only help site for winmx. As for kitty's post it looks almost word for word the same as her original post to me. talk bout taking over a section over one idea.

Anyways, good luck jakey, some the ideas sound nice. not sure about the peer information, does anyone really care (as a host) exactly which primary is the best for them etc?
and i <3 the description about the gui "cool black/silver/chrome custom" lol aint all gui's made for new programs custom!?!
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline deadlydeathangel

• Forum Member
  • =D (always willing to lend a hand)
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 01:32:34 pm »
Hey guys, since fxserver is pretty much still the most widely used chat server, I was thinking of making a new one. It will be all fancy like fxserver, but will still have the function ability as a chat room. I was just wondering what everyone would want as features.

Ideas so far: (this might not be all im kind of brain dead lol)

* Letter admin system (like wcs/fxserver) C = color text, N = newline etc..
* Colored text (ability to set 1-38 or use 1-255)
* all the existing commands of fxserver/wcs
* cool black/silver/chrome custom gui :D
* Server side talking in the room
* Userlist with (username,files,speed,ip,hostname,country,access, last text said, last login, total data (ul/dl), primary/secondary, and more...)
* built in gui settings editor (no need for editing in notepad)
* bandwidth monitor (graphing)
* advanced peer network settings (primary numbers, total data to and from each primary, (info=best quality primary, limiting bandwidth, (super push mode, and more..)
* advanced logging (fully customizable)
* plug in system (basically unlimited expandability, almost all functions for the server will be interfaced)
* maybe fully skinnable
can i have some other ideas?

First off i agree with the ideas quite nice :) i would have:

* a fully working changeuniform no matter on what o/s is being used!
* a fully changable skin between, FXS and WCS :/
* a accesshelp sheet (made a bot version)
* an updated help sheet (addremove etc...)
* REMOTE FEATURES! damn i've been asking KM for the remote features

(remote features)

*adding a login
*adding a format
*adding a default level
*adding a custom rename inside the server
*adding a custom exit message other than the basic one (coz i'll use red)
*adding a more stable connections...and crash bugs because i'm fed up of WCS locking up :| (had to reboot mine after 16-17 days!)
VVò£F(¥)àñ

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New Chat Server

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx