gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 07, 2024, 06:07:43 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  70,000 results! YIKES
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 70,000 results! YIKES  (Read 2196 times)

Puff

70,000 results! YIKES
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:32:09 am »
Okay, I'm going to try and explain this without sounding like a total fool..
Started using -c: to filter out the fake files yesterday....wonderful. No more red dl, and hardly any timeouts. Something really weird happened today. Tried a search (usings -c: ) and got everything in every users files with that word or name. Needless to say the system froze, and i had to wait awhile until everything loaded. Tried quitting WinMX, but found this difficult. Happened several times. I'm almost afraid to try another search query. And i'm going to add... impossible to stop the search, because the darn thing freezes until all the results are back. Really wondering what the outcome would be without the <c-:>. Should I even dare? Any thoughts? :shock:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
70,000 results! YIKES
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:06:06 am »
I am thrilled the filter is working for you, WinMX can only read it how ever you type it..

If your like the rest of us .. well typos are part of life.. esp with me.. lol

Have a look at this page and use both of the filters for all searches and it will greatly imporve your results ...

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

When these results come flying in at you if the filters are wrong hit the 'Stop' button on the search screen.
If that fails to respond sometimes a niffy trick is to open and shute a CD Rom Door and give the machine something else to think about for just a second, which sometimes allows you just enough time to hit the 'Stop' and recover the machine control.

Let me know how you get along...

Puff

70,000 results! YIKES
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 01:03:12 pm »
Thanks for the speedy reply. YES! was using it incorrectly.1.) I was putting the -c thingy on the first line after the query. 2.)If I'm looking for a particular artist, with a particular song, do I put them both on the first line? Thanks a mil, for your help. :wink:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
70,000 results! YIKES
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 05:17:33 pm »
The artist and title should go on the top line:

The Artist - Their Great Song
-c: -user

Always keep the filters on a seperate line

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  70,000 results! YIKES

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx