gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 08:45:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Proposal for Transfer Encryption
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Proposal for Transfer Encryption  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Proposal for Transfer Encryption
« on: March 28, 2009, 01:26:08 am »

Direct Link: http://i40.tinypic.com/14ig9ax.jpg

Despite not being able to find the Information I wanted to include in this flow chart,
(the Keys sent back and forth during the Negotiating stage) i have gone ahead and made it as per GhostShips request. This is merely a proposal and is welcome to modification however need be.
I do have one request if this method is used, and it is whatever method is used to create Value q
is able to be performed on all systems (linux windows mac) until corresponding native clients are made for these systems.

I have another idea of to allow this to be implemented sooner.
It springs from all the recent discussion of MXM and leech hammer, but the idea is if someone was to hijack the transfer connections (maybe through mxsock since we use oledlg now) and act as the interpreter to allow existing winmx clients to use the encryption?

And one last "unreleated" idea. in the past week i have had to help 3 people set up their router for hosting chat rooms. Portforward doesnt have the Guides with the Pretty pictures for chatservers so my suggestion is to add a second UPNP function to the patch and in the config have something like
Code: [Select]
/enableupnproomhost 0
/roomhostport 6694
for example.
This would allow them to use UPNP with chatservers and specify the port they wish to use.

Hope any of this is of some use to at leats someone  :/
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Proposal for Transfer Encryption

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx