gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 03:17:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  P2P and Bonnie & Clyde
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: P2P and Bonnie & Clyde  (Read 682 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
P2P and Bonnie & Clyde
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:27:18 pm »
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/20626

This is just an extract from a much longer article. I recommend that you go to the link above and read the full article.

I spend a lot of my time explaining to perfectly reasonable and intelligent people that P2P isn’t illegal, but every time, they respond with the stock standard answer – ‘But I read in the New York Times’  (and/or) saw it on an advertisement on Foxtel, or somewhere) ”that P2P was illegal. So I thought I’d blog about P2P so I can in the future merely refer people to this article and not have to explain it anymore.

Bonnie and Clyde got to be Public Enemy Number One.

Politicians and the folks from the mainstream press would have you believe P2P is illegal. It isn’t. When  Bonnie and Clyde were finally apprehended, did the law make a big announcement about the 1932 Pierce-Arrow they were driving ? Nope. It had nothing to do with their escapades. Yep, it was fast. Yep, it had four wheels and a motor. Yep, it was used as the getaway car in over 50 bank heists. But the police failed to arrest Herbert Dawley (the car’s designer) as an accessory, even though his car facilitated bank robbery get-aways.

A point that seems to be lost on a lot of people, including certain Swedish judges.

Offline RReactor

• Forum Member
Re: P2P and Bonnie & Clyde
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:20:43 am »
hmm seems whoever wrote that article knows nothing about bonnie and clyde  they were not captured they were slaughtered and the car they were driving was a ford
RReactor

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: P2P and Bonnie & Clyde
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:40:41 pm »

It's finally made it from the carnys hands to a museum.
The original gangster has all but faded away.....
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  P2P and Bonnie & Clyde

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx