gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 03:42:49 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Lmewire 5 so what with all the spyware.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lmewire 5 so what with all the spyware.  (Read 606 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Lmewire 5 so what with all the spyware.
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47298

A friend of mine who is going to be traveling the world this summer expensive paid.
Care of the US government. Wanted me to set him up a p2p system that he could take with him.

I did him good. two solid state drive.. wifi,GB-ethernet wifi hacking tools, network intrusion tools.
sniffers, image viewers and my collection of the best p2p software that I thought he should have.

One of the p2p applications I installed was the latest version of limewire. Limewire 5.

well long story short, I had to test all of the apps installed, including limewire. One of the things that I noticed was. that 75% of the time. When I clicked on something that I thought was a music track. It was some type of virus or spyware. This is when I was searching for anything. when you have "All" set.

Type in the name of a popular band the first 10 file results at the top were always some type of malware dropper. If you didn't know what you were doing you could download and run this program without even knowing it. Looking that the shown file ext's is no help. even files labeled as mp3's. Where spyware.

No great surprise there then. He should have let him have WinMx  :yes:

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: Lmewire 5 so what with all the spyware.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:30:20 pm »
lol. you should have posted telling them to use mx
Although alot of the third party gnutella clients are starting to incorporate fake file and malicous file blocking
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Lmewire 5 so what with all the spyware.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx