gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:55:28 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New WCS Hosting Sites  (Read 16512 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: New WCS Hosting Sites
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 07:56:29 pm »
Let us hope this team continue to deliver their quality offerings in the future, its always a hard slog to get projects to hit the finish line but I,m confident that if developers are left alone to work and are sheilded from the day to day drama that can beset many folks a superior product is always delivered.

We as a community are famous for our patience and I,m sure when Mind and Raven have fresh news to tell us then they will post it here for us, and for that we can all be thankful  8)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 10:26:33 pm »
I would like to take this opertunity to thank everyone who as been putting work into WCS. I think you have all worked very hard cleaning up the source code and adding new features. I hope that your projects work well and I hope WCS continues to impress me lol.

Keep the good work coming guys.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:05 pm »
I had assumed that caches.mxstuff.org was pointing to wmw caches.. Is that not the case now because WCB's are dead atm. I wish someone would've just made a post letting us know the mxstuff caches were defunct..

I hope to have an update out with new caches soon. You know nothing much surprises me anymore on how much people don't care about the users, weather they be using KM's software or not.

Offline Zénar

• Forum Member
  • Born again christian since 2010!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 10:37:09 pm »
I used the same default cache for my ZCS and my french room were no longer listing on the WPN... I changed it to cache.zenmx.com to fix it.

Now, I if the cache is closed again, I will just have to update the DNS to point to an another working cache
[John 14:6] Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
[Jean 14:6] Jésus lui dit: Je suis le chemin, la vérité, et la vie. Nul ne vient au Père que par moi.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »
I,m sure many people are aware of who operates the "stuff " domain and of course most will be aware its no-one here, unfortunately we asked that person some time ago as we did Sabre to join in the community patch and cache effort for a resilient system of multiple caches and back-up domains and in both cases these two people decided to go their own way instead of supporting any community initiative, obviously they have some private agendas that they wont share with anyone in public, I wont hold my breath waiting for either of these ppl to do whats best for WinMX users and those who want to use legacy third party applications, however I will say such actions show just how commited these ppl truly are.

KM recently made the WinMxGroup domain available to us and its hoped this is because he too can see who will take care of the users for the forseeable future and who has not done so, he has our thanks for this action that will we hope benefit those on older patches or with blank update bars that left users without any information on simple updates or emergencies, these possibilities have now been made provision for and we can thank Tiny for his great and timely work on that.

We hope to see the update have something similar to the "add peer cache" function in RoboMx as that will be the most helpful method of ensuring that you wont face this problem in the future if your choosing to keep any clients or bots working but cache address "agile"

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 10:53:36 pm »
Yeah I don't know what is happening but just annoyed that I'm not kept in the loop. Anyways, a WCB update (v0.4.2) has already been posted changing the caches to caches.winmxworld.net.

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?topic=1733.0

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 10:57:37 pm »
Sorry for double posting but I guess G.S. was posting at the same time. I was in no way accusing any certain person here, I'm aware of who is to blame. Mighty domain owners and I / we get all the surprises, stress and hard work. Nice deal eh. Never mind I should go before I say something drastic..

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:07 pm »
Rest assured Raven that domain will not close voluntarily without a lot of prior warning, if ever, you have my word on that.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 11:13:04 pm »

I know that domain is reliable, that's why we added it to WCS and now WCB. If I had some prior notice we could've easily added a "add peer cache function" but only found out 20 mins ago so it was an emergency fix. Anyways, what's done is done and WCB is working now. I'll see about adding that function later on but WCB isn't a priority project right now.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 10:42:23 am »
i was aware the group domain was back up and where it was pointing last 2 weeks and kept shut about it in public because you guys did not talk about it, but now the cat is outof the bag...

i ve been trying to guess the reasons, one of my guesses was the older update bars a second one was bringing back the old DNS system used in older patches back to life

now it  s out in the open it 's easier to just ask so here it goes  :lol:

what are the exact plans for this domain, i hope it s something we are allowed to know

the more info the happier i ll be if it s to the point anyway, thanks ahead
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 12:54:49 am »
There are no fixed plans for this domain Joshua, atm its simply being used to support those on the single domain legacy patch and urging them to update to the more robust connection system we are currently employing that ensures no further fighting and a stake in the network to all those who want it.

Perhaps you had some ideas ?

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:09 am »

I think that what Joshua is getting at, in his own way, is that it feels that there's a hidden agenda because there wasn't an announcement made to room hosts, site admins or software developers about the interruptions that have already and still might occur regarding the pointing of domains and future plans for the winmxgroup domain.

Also, probably speculation about what this means for the users that still use KM's patch, 16% I believe. Like are they expected to go back online or will they be nagged to update to the community patch or if it will interrupt the patches that some people have hexed for themselves.

It's clear now what you plan to use the domain for but like Zenar said he may have to point his domain again so I think maybe a clear understanding of what the future holds is all people are looking for.

Just a thought...

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »
It seems caches.mxstuff.org is working today lol but I still recommend WCB users to update since no one knows what the issue with this cache is, I think the wmw caches would be more reliable at this point and G.S. did give his word this one would be running indefinately..

Thanks and have a great day..

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?topic=1733.0

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 02:25:12 pm »
Can i ask what domain was missing since i acquired winmxgroup.com that is causing any issues. From what i could gather it was caches.mxstuff that was down. An i have no control over that. I can assure you that caches.winmxworld.net will always remain open, as we have discussed in the past someone will always maintain. If anything ever happened to us.

As for the update bars, their are alot of people out their using emergency hostfile updates after the winmxgroup closure, i know because i have seen the traffic after i started enabling things. Fist this i did was re-enable the blocklist dns's within the patch bringing alot of folks in line with the current blocklist. And then i started issuing patch bar updates. I have no future for winmxgroup other than to keep it from falling into spammers or worse media companys hands. I have enabled everything that is usefull but i wont be bringing the cache address's online to stop people using outdated patchs. If they install the bar tells them their is a new version and a link to download it.

Hope that clarifies a few things, and ask or suggest away if you want. Im willing to do anything that helps.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »
My only concern was reliable caches for the software that I've been releasing. I'm encouraging people to update to more reliable caches to prevent anymore disruptions, surprises as far as WCS or WCB connecting.

I admit I was curious about what the plans were with the domain because I use both KM's patch and the community patch so I was just speculating that people were curious which is off topic I guess for this thread so whatever testing and pointing of domains people are doing doesn't concern me.. all that worries me is that WCS and WCB stay connectable..

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2009, 03:48:18 pm »
yes i went offtopic and i m sorry about that Raven, i just could not resist responding to this additional news

thnx for the info sofar GS and Tiny
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 06:58:42 pm »
Your welcome Joshua  8)
I know there are some groups of folks who harbour suspicion of what we do here and ascribe dark motives to what we see as innocuous and mainly minor changes in the network support system we use with our community partners but the only cure for such suspicion is a little more openness until trust is restored, we are glad to be able to keep users informed of events that affect them and obviously dealt with the surprise hand-over of the domain in what we felt was the most appropriate way given our simple and open policy of supporting the community patch. As the domain was offline for some time prior to our gaining its a pretty sure bet that most of the users are on other patches or solutions but the update bar allows us to reach these legacy folks and offer them the choice of upgrading to the latest supported solution and as I may have already stated allows us to issue emergency network messaging should there be a problem we cant resolve and require help with on a major scale.

All in all I think things have been handled responsibly and respectfully for all involved, I would however like to ask folks to obtain the updated WCS and WCB applications as this will prevent future disappointment should the domains they currently use to connect with fail yet again, Cheers to Tiny and Raven for their helpful input in this thread  :-D

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 02:29:18 am »
We've released a small WCS update ( v1.8.8 ). Mind discovered another serious vulnerability in the WCS code so we thought we should post an update asap. Not only does this release fix the exploit it also fixes 2 very minor bugs with features we added, rename and /logout and naturally he added a few new features to make this release worth while.

Changes since 1.8.7

* Fixed potential privilege escalation vulnerability
* Fixed variable replacement in rename message
* Changed /logout to reset callers text format to default
* Removed AutoAdmin= (spooky..)
* Added ability to use #\n# in FancyEntry
* Added support for ES/WPCC protocol extention "User Is Typing"
* Added AllowIfTyping=0/1 (toggle aforementioned addition on/off)
* Added new variables for use in MOTD/FancyEntry
  ($CURUSERS$, $TOTALUSERS$, $TIME$, $DATE$, $LONGTIME$, $LONGDATE$)

Notes:

The WPCC extension feature is located in WPCC color settings
(when typing).This lights up your username on the userlist in
your chosen color when your typing with the WPCC client.

Thanks and Have a Great Day Everyone

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?board=78.0

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 12:54:26 am »
Nice 1 guys... good job as always   ;)

Thanks

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx