gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:49:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  mxmonitor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mxmonitor  (Read 19208 times)

bucket

mxmonitor
« on: October 25, 2005, 06:31:37 pm »
I hope this is the right corner of the forum for this post.  My PC crashed and I lost MXMonitor.  I was wondering if there is a working fix for this useful utility for WinMX or is one in the works?  If not, then what do you recommend that I use that functions in a similar fashion and with like simplicity?

Also, what is the level of pervasiveness of the new WinMX fix?  i.e. how much of the community is back?

Thanks.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
mxmonitor
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:31:08 pm »
MxMonitor works great, it doesnt require a connection to the WPN, only to winmx on your machine.

You can get this copy from here that should self install

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/mxmoni.exe

Right now its definite that our network is smaller, and we are encouraging everyone to spread the word to friends and co workers that we are back in business on WinMX...

M Williams

Re: mxmonitor
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:40:31 am »
I am having problems with moni - it crashes so many times that i have to reboot - where am i going wrong on this. I am not a techno person just straight non techy info with guideline does help - I do panic when i get languages that confuse me. thanks (Not too sure if this is the right page!) :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 02:40:11 am »
Its a fine place to post it M Williams..

I would first uninstall and reinstall.  Then if it continues, you maybe one of those ppl that just cant use it over issues it has.  In that case I would try Leechammer.  I personaly prefer MxMonitor but if you cant use it and must have a upload manager running its the only other choice.

M williams

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:37:46 pm »
can u tell me where is the link to reinstall it please?....moni
I will also have to reinstall winx so again the link please
Once i uninstall those and then restart and then install the fresher winm and moni i do hope this solve the crashes I am having but one thing the patch that i had installed do u think that also had an impact ? if so should i get rid that patch and reinstall this? thanks

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 12:05:10 am »
Here is the link for a clean install of MxMonitor from our Archive.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/MxMoni/MXMoni128Eb.zip

Yes your patch choice could be a reason for crashes, since Im not sure what patch you had I'll just say that the patch with WinMX located here is the best one you can get for this issue.

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads/Install-3.0-3.54b4.exe.html   - WinMX 3.54 beta 4

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe.html  - WinMX 3.53 or 3.31 versions. 

I suggest you go with the 3.54 for stability.

M williams

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 10:22:34 am »
Hi
Many thanks for this feedback - its seem to have stopped crashing. I have uninstalled and restarted then reinstalled the link you gave and the I removed AVG anti virus and reloaded window live onecare - running smoothly now - fingers crossed! I do hope Window Live OneCare is a respectable software!! :lol:

M williams

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:35:29 pm »
hi having said that i have sorted - sadly it has gone kaput again! I do not know what the fault is but it is most definately the moni.. i have set it to share 4 files and now it has gone crazy and allowing as many files to come on..and the pages are all over the place ....it is not stable...erughhh......so i cant trade properly on this now. Has anyone has this problem and solve the mystery of this bug?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 04:00:59 am »
Nope its a strange thing really that it just seems to work for some people and brake on others, have you tried leech hammer instead, it does the exact same thing. Its all just personal choice
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

alaskanboy

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 01:26:52 pm »
dose the mx monitor 1.28eb work with version 3.53   on the transfer page  it is blank  nothing there at all. log page only shows  start monitoring &stop monitoring that  it  the rest i left at default settings    i got somes on auto start  it dose not start them  i got the box  checked to ignore certion spped  still get ppl in que that should not be here    got a name in ignor   nothing works must of did something wrong some were

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 02:11:15 pm »
yes that version does work with 3.53 so have a read through this tutorial and make sure that its set up as per this (especially the winmx.exe path bits) and see how you do, if your still stuck post back.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

alaskanGboy

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:53 am »
program files/Mxmonitor\MXMoniE.exe thats were its at  and still dose not work

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:27:30 am »
You need to point it to your WinMX folder not the mxmoni folder

So it would look more like this: (yours might not look exactly the same as below.but along the same lines)
Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe  ;)

Offline jarhewad1971

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »
I got a problem with my WinMX.  It is set to English but when I do a search  It comes back in who knows what  - I am not a linguist - it looks oriental is all I know.  How do I get it back to English?

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 12:22:57 am »
Hi Jarhewad1971,

what you are seeing is a result of malicious traffic being directed at the winmx network.

There is an outline of what is happening below.

http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0.html

A few of the more technical members of the community are working towards a solution. It's proving a difficult task, but they persist with it regardless.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:54 am »
I have found via my roomy that mxmoni isnt quite wonderful. I use it rarely and only to auto upload to traders. Anything involving ignoring people off. Problem is that any delay in mxmoni getting a browse, or a whois, results in sending someone who actually is sharing off to the ignore list. It works sorta OK if and only if, your connected to other connections that actually work (meaning mostly secondary). Lots of connections you make as a secondary to another primary are slow or even non-responsive. Yet the lil green light will sit there working just fine in WinMX.
Another issue with mxmoni is that it will eat resources if you have many incompletes or people in your queue. (the roomate part)... His PC will slow to a crawl, the entire system including the clock. It has been doing that all the time for years, has nothing at all to do with the current attacks. He does have it set to scan anyone who enters queue, ignore people who supposedly share nothing, etc and he always runs it whenever WinMX is running. I have not had that problem. I leave the thing totally off unless I hit upon some sharer who I am doing regular trades with. Yet another problem with mxmoni is that if you you have it running and then exit it, odds are fairly high that it will not only exit, but then crash WinMX itself and you lose all you queues and everything and have to start over. One more reason I hate to use it. (BTW, to any grammer Nazis out there, please feel free to STFU and you know who you are)  ;)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 12:09:27 am »
Miners, you didnt say what version of Moni you or roomy use, but...
I use a version 1.30 (Re-Fit by the Wraith) that seems reasonably well behaved
Some of the settings that bug you can be adjusted, such as the delay time for a browse, and under what condition ppl get ignored
It does have a wonderful lil feature i kinda wish WinMX had, a button to dump the whole iggy list... (WinMX only lets you remove 1 name at a time, I tried selecting several names and got trouble)
I have not noticed any resource-hogging or memory leakage as you describe, mebbe The Wraith tweaked something under the hood to fix...
The crashing of WinMX is not a fault, its a design feature you can turn off, likely yours is set to close WinMX when Moni is closed.
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  mxmonitor

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx