gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:26:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Boasting About Movie Downloads Is A Dumb Idea
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Boasting About Movie Downloads Is A Dumb Idea  (Read 1086 times)

Boasting About Movie Downloads Is A Dumb Idea
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:31:41 pm »
There’s no doubt you can run up some seriously huge bills if you try using BitTorrent with a 3G broadband modem, but should you really go and complain about it to a newspaper?

The Herald Sun today has a report about a Geelong teenager, Jack Featherston, who downloaded copies of the movies Freddy Got Fingered and Dumb And Dumber via his 3 mobile dongle on a $29 plan. Because he exceeded the 3GB download limit and paid 10 cents per megabyte for the excess, he ended up with a $602 bill.

That’s annoying and a useful reminder to be cautious with 3G downloads. However, the story skirts around the topic of where the movies actually got sourced from.

Neither flick appears to be available on iTunes or via BigPond Movies’ download option, so it seems likely that they were accessed from (ahem) illegitimate sources. Boasting about your movie downloads in a newspaper would make it quite hard to argue against a copyright violation fine, so we can only hope Jack was using some other more obscure but actually legal source.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/07/boasting-about-movie-downloads-is-a-dumb-idea/

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: Boasting About Movie Downloads Is A Dumb Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:39 am »
How stupid can you be?

I love the irony of his choice of movie downloads. He was "dumb" and got "fingered" by the police for his stupidity.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Boasting About Movie Downloads Is A Dumb Idea

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx