gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:51:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Music File Problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Music File Problems  (Read 21013 times)

mickamack69

Re: Music File Problems
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 06:43:16 pm »
 :(  Please, help! I am so bummed, I deleted the Audio in settings and it deleted all my music files...now when i download songs they go into My Music in My Computer instead of the Winmx library. Is there anything I can do to restore the Audio Setting to rebuild my library?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 12:49:42 am »
I'm guessing you simply need to repeat the sharing process you can find instructions how to do this
Here: for WinMX v 3.54b4
or
Here: for WinMX v 3.53 & v 3.31
if this doesn't resolve the issue, please either post a detailed description of the problem, or come visit us in the Help chatroom
WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

mickamack69

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 03:38:52 pm »
Thanx for the help...problem fixed.

prettynpink

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:21 am »
i feel so silly aking this question  but  am so new to  this, how do i take a rar file and albumwrap it? Any help would be so helpful Thank you

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50:47 am »
Hi Prettyinpink,

Its not problem to ask any questions here.  There are a couple of programs your going to need to do this.  First is to make sure you have WinRar installed on the PC.  Its not a free program but its widely used by many many ppl that use p2p... *wink wink*...

This will unrar the files and leave them in thier mp3 format.  There are a few tools that will Wrap your files after they are extracted from the Rar file.  Here are the guides to a few, some are free and some are not.. by far the most popular one for Wrapping is AlbumWrap, they offer thier unwrapper free, however the Wrap funtion is shareware.. very popular as well with p2p users.. *cough*.. *hint*...

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/album_tools.html

Offline deejayfunky

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:42:48 pm »
Help me please!! i cant seem to connect and just under the winmx logo it says patch operational??  grrrr
Please all feel free to post here any music file issues you have or help you need and i will do my best to supply you with a answer.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:10 pm »
Check if winmx is allowed in any firewalls you might have.
If you have a firewall other than the XP one, then make sure the xp firewall is disabled
Have a peek here for guidance :)
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline mrsbone

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 05:34:13 pm »
I have downloaded files from winmx but cannot open them. Something to do with not recognising the codec used to compress the file? They are also showing as incomplete. What can I do to sort this out? Cheers.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 06:26:10 pm »
if you are sure the download has completed this sounds like vista/7
If thats what you are using uninstall and follow the guide found here https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8134.0.html
as for not recognizing the codec. can i ask what media player you are using?
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 06:58:10 pm »
doubt is a codec issue.. just a file path issue.. like you said .. follow the guide at above link
problem should be then all sorted ;)
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:32 am »
Reading thru all this, surprised that no-one has ever said, or warned....

Do NOT rename ALBW files, in any way.

If you are wrapping, set up your file name during the wrap process (do a practice run), and then NEVER rename them, it messes up the wrap so the files then become unsplittable.

If you have an ALBW file that has a name that doesnt appeal to you, unwrap it, (fix anything you wanna change with the actual songs) then re-wrap with a new name.

Likewise, appending the tag _ALBW to the filename does NOT make it a wrapped file, although i have encountered examples where that does seem the case

I no longer use any of the regular wrapping tools, i put all the song files into a .zip folder, so i have MusicalFilename.zip, then rename it with .mp3 ono the end of it so you have a double extension MusicalFilename.zip.mp3 which can be transferred as a single file. It plays, and is easy to extract, just remove the .mp3 extension, then unzip as normal...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:40 pm »
I no longer use any of the regular wrapping tools, i put all the song files into a .zip folder, so i have MusicalFilename.zip, then rename it with .mp3 ono the end of it so you have a double extension MusicalFilename.zip.mp3 which can be transferred as a single file. It plays, and is easy to extract, just remove the .mp3 extension, then unzip as normal...

Personally i would't touch 1 of these type files with a 20 foot pole. Who knows what else could be hidden inside

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »
Your call, reef, but i am totally fed up with broken ALBW's and such
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
Yeah, understandable... i wasn't suggesting that you personally could have hidden something in your files lol
i just wouldn't download these type of files or recommend anybody to d/l them without scanning 1st

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33:19 am »
I treat such files as ones that someone named albumwrap but are not really albumwrap. Then load the entire thing into software like Audition and then manually find each silent part between tracks, save them out one a t a time, then re ALBW them myself. A chore, but better than tossing the file and finding another.

keith wise

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 12:12:25 pm »
I have a incomplete zipped music file that will not complete,is there any way to open this incomplete file to extract the music that has completed .There is only approximately 100KB short of the whole file and i cannot get any more ,please help me

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 05:55:44 pm »
you should be able to open the file using whatever extractor you are using instead of unzip or extract to  open whatever app you use eg: winzip then chose the file from there and you should be able to open it to get at whats in the file complete or not.

Offline SFCMAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 07:42:00 pm »
How do you launch an audio file from version 3.53?

I tried right clicking the file.  The only options on the drop down menu are:
cancel
clear
delete file
find sources now
seacrh for alternatives
search for similar

On the old version the completed download appeared in the window below for that function. It doesn't do that on this one

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »
This question has been answered in another thread.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10804.new#new

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Music File Problems

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx