gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:54:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  tried to open incoming files folder...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tried to open incoming files folder...  (Read 2276 times)

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
tried to open incoming files folder...
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:52:54 pm »

...and was told that folder was inaccessible' "access denied".  am i just retarded, or can someone help, please??  i enjoyed winmx for years previously and finally got a new laptop--was delighted to see winmx up and running, now this happens.
   o, yeah, forgot--i downloaded community patch and was connected, but when i closed program and restarted it, it would not connect.  i had to uninstall/reinstall in order to connect again. 
   curious, or, again, is it me??  relevant ports/rules in effect.  i am baffled...

thanks,
   circe801

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: tried to open incoming files folder...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »
Welcome to WinMXWorld,Circe!

May I ask what OS you are running? If it's a new Laptop you've got it's probably vista?

If that's the case there are a few things you can do to improve compability. I'm running Linux though so I can't really help you there.
Until someone else comes along maybe you want to check out our vista section here?

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php/board,45.0.html
If that doesn't help I'm sure someone else can help you out, although if it's vista related you might wanna try asking in that section so the right people see your post :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:30 pm »
hi!!  thanks for the really quick reply!!  might sound weird, but i realized that all the white 'incomplete' files are actually not...
yea, i'm running vista [ ;( ].  also, equally odd, if i try and open the program 'run as administrator' [no idea what made me try that], it *magickally* connects, whereas it won't if i simply open the program, no progress from the yellow bar.
can't explain!!, but,

curiouser and curiouser!!!
long live winmx!!!
and, yes, you welcomed me--i feel as if i'm home, finally, once again...
and, now, back to all the rest 'o the goodies...

circe801

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:42:29 am »
hi circe,

micro mecca made a post in the pastabout the thing you are wondering about ... nice and simple with screenshots, have alook at it ;) it helps you set the administrator thingy permanent for winmx

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.msg29850#msg29850
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
Re: tried to open incoming files folder...--and something else...
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:45:14 pm »

hi, all--thanks for the replies.  it took a while for me to get used to this again, but the same night i got to the bottom of things.  now i feel useless for even having to ask the question[!?!?]
one more thing--is it normal for people to hotlist msg with grammar lessons??  someone complained about no caps in username, and that it is wrong [we were told not to--i can't recall this].
when i tried to reply that lowercase is commonplace on the internet [i.e. e-mail addresses], i found i was being 'ignored'--but not until i was bombarded with messages, put down some more and told not to complain about it--then, i was threatened with a virus.  is this commonplace now, or is this user just a mental case??
anyway, i'd love to know...

circe801

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:55:14 pm »
must have just been a mental case  :lol:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  tried to open incoming files folder...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx