gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 12:45:27 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Southern Lights v3.0 preview
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Southern Lights v3.0 preview  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Jakey

• Forum Member
Southern Lights v3.0 preview
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:31:36 am »
Just letting everyone know that there will be a Southern Lights v3.0 released in the next week or so. It will be completely rewritten, and will be oriented differently with a few more features.

Adding support for VLC and Foobar.
Fixing Support for Windows Media Player
Adding more variables for iTunes.

Revamping the entire Winamp Information grabbing. (It will now get info from Winamp, the MPEG meta data from the mp3 file, and read the id3 tag.) Resulting in the following:

%ARTISTSONG% - (Artist - Songname)
%ARTIST% - Artist
%SONGNAME% - Song Name
%BITRATE% - (0-320kbps)
%CHANNELS% - (1,2..)
%CHANNELMODE% - (Stereo, Mono)
%FREQUENCY% - Frequency/Samplerate (41000HZ)
%PLYLSTLEN% - Total # of songs on playlist
%PLYLSTPOS% - Position on Playlist
%SONGLEN% - Song Length (4:00)
%SONGPOS% - Current Position (1:25)
%SONGREMAIN% - Remaining time (2:75)
%FILESIZE% - Size of mp3 file (4.32MB)
%ALBUM% - Album Name
%YEAR% - Year of song/album
%GENRE% - Genre
%TRACKNUM% - Track Number (as on cd)

album, year, genre, and track number are Dependant on the id3 tag, so if it's not found, it will be displayed as "Unknown" or "Unknown Album"

WMP support will have almost all of the avaliable variables on Winamp.
iTunes will have limited support.

VLC and foobar and yet to be determined.

Also, you will be able to send the display to WinMX, Robomx, rabbit, and WPCC rooms.

As for the color patterns, they will be more customizable, with a visible preview of what will be displayed.

Also, you will be able to select if you wan't to change the color of each letter.  (#c4#L#c5#e#c6#t#c7#t#c8#e#c9#r), or you can have it be every 2 letters. (#c4#Le#c5#tt#c6#er) And so on up to around 5 letter skipping.

You will also be able to color any message you have in the display.

Ex:

If your display is "Is Currently listening to - %ARTISTSONG% #c8#(%BITRATE%#c8#)", and you wan't to color perhaps the bitrate, and the word "listening", you will be able to do this.

"Is Currently [c]listening[/c] to - %ARTISTSONG% #c8#([c]%BITRATE%[/c]#c8#)"

If you wan't to use just a temporary pattern that you don't want to save, you can create one in the display format.

"Is currently [c,4,5,51,74]listening[/c] to - %ARTISTSONG% #c8#([c,1,2,3,4]%BITRATE%#c8#)"

If you have any questions or feature requests please let me know :-)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Southern Lights v3.0 preview
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:46:07 am »
This sounds like great work... keep it up Jakey :D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:37:04 am »
Just another update, I have finished the new color pattern parser script. You can essentially have up to 65535 different colors per pattern, but I think limiting to 100 would be good enough for everyone lol.

Same kind of format I explained in the other post. You can have ondemand color patterns in your actual display box, or you can create a pattern that will get saved, which you can set as the default pattern.

[d][/d] = Default Pattern (You select this in the box of patterns you have saved)
[c,Skip#,color1,color2,color3] and so on. skip# is how many characters it will skip before applying a new color.

Heres a screenshot.

:-)
- Josh

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:50:39 am »
Great work  nice and bright.

Thanks for the update :D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 03:58:32 am »
More news lol (I'M bored)

I have successfully added support for:

Rabbit
Ouka
RoboMX
Metis

WPCC... - This might/might not be possible, for some reason it won't accept the enter key message. But I can get the text in the textbox.. so we will just have to wait and see. :-)
- Josh

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:29 pm »
I bet this new version of Southern lights is going to be amazing, seeing that it took two whole years to create it.
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:27:28 pm »
No, I just started on it like a week or two ago. But I can say that the list of supported clients that I have posted on here, just double that number. :-)
- Josh

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 05:08:40 am »
For those of us who don't know, could you give a description of what the main function of Southern Lights is, please? I gather from the first post it has something to do with interfacing with various audio player programs, but I still don't understand, and Google isn't much help. Thanks.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:01 am »
Well if you haven't used the other 10 versions or so, it's a song display for winmx. It displays what you're listening to in the chat rooms you're in. But this new version supports over 10 different chat clients for displaying your song information, and southern lights allows you to pattern your display message too. More so in this next version. But don't worry, the GUI is very simple and easier to use than the old one. And I will write up a help page for the new version.

- Josh

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:54 am »
It looks good as GUI is in process i have a glance at it the other day ;)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:04:37 pm »
No, I haven't used the ten other versions. If it is a chat-room program, I now understand why I am not familiar with it. Cheers.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 12:44:27 pm »
hi Trestor

Southern lights is a simple little program that can display the songs you are listen too. For example trestor sings loud to Yellow Submarine (only a something that came to my head quickly) and will display in the chat room.

It is a quick and easy program for this purpose.

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
  • Old radio and music geek...
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 08:19:54 am »
...ok, so this thread is over a year old.  But I have been using this program and I have two issues with it:

1. As mentioned in the initial post, the program depends on ID3 tags to display information (specifically ID3v1).  Therefore it cannot properly display information from non-MP3 (i. e. FLAC) files.

2. It appears to have a limit on how many characters it can display, so it has an annoying habit of cutting off titles beyond a certain length.  Other programs of this type (such as MHAmp) do not appear to have this character limit.  Was there a reason for this or was it an oversight?

I like the program and the flexibility it offers, but I'd like to see something done at least about the character limitation...

Thanx...

'...Imagine trying to explain to a customer how you used a Colpittsilator to test the Bardeenabrattainistorized a. f. section of his Marconio, only to find it wouldn't respond to frequencies below two hundred hertz...' --Letter to the editors, Popular Electronics magazine, August 1966

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 10:16:46 am »
Hiya Refugee,
the newest version of southern lights is 3.1 incase you are using version 3.0
as you mentioned MetalHead Amp is a good choice, also alot of people like the popular CX2MX displayer, hard to find, but i have it Click Here

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Sl-user

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »
You can email the creator to see if he will update it for you.

Edit: Email removed by tig

Pretty sure he will. ;)

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 02:58:23 am »
The length problem you are talking about is WinMX related. WinMX limits the amount of text sent at one time in the room. I have noticed this when typing long messages in the chat room, and with long outputs on bot commands. The only way to get around this is to split up the message into two parts. Maybe another feature that should be added?

Offline FM Refugee

• Forum Member
  • Old radio and music geek...
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 07:12:41 pm »
...thanx, everyone, for the replies.  I have indeed updated to 3.0.1 and it doesn't appear to have the cut-off problem of its predecessor...
'...Imagine trying to explain to a customer how you used a Colpittsilator to test the Bardeenabrattainistorized a. f. section of his Marconio, only to find it wouldn't respond to frequencies below two hundred hertz...' --Letter to the editors, Popular Electronics magazine, August 1966

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Southern Lights v3.0 preview

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx