gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:36:40 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  Re: Urban Dictionary for Metis (non related debate)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re: Urban Dictionary for Metis (non related debate)  (Read 20291 times)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Re: Urban Dictionary for Metis (non related debate)
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »
I could go on, but it's hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline RebelMX

• Core
Re: Urban Dictionary for Metis (non related debate)
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 04:20:11 pm »
Well since you seem to be posting to yourself Bluey, could some sensible admin combine the posts or something as to increase your "post count" based on pointless replies to yourself seems silly.  This was never a battle, even if thats how you saw it.

Tig, all I was saying is no matter which user that I trust that I give a copy of the sourcecode to, WMW is likely to dismiss their comments and claims about how free the program and sourcecode is of commands and backdoors.  Clearly the only way for someone like Quicks to accept there is nothing malicious in the program is if he was to see it himself and will not trust in the other "trusted" users of the community.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »
Ritchy I would be more than happy for you to choose a programmer you trust and they can be allowed to look over your work and vouch for it, I,m not against your work just that there are doubts in my own and others minds, if you would be willing to get another coder to watch over you until some time has passed and folks are reassured and happy with your releases then I,m also happy as it saves my time, I know you may think I,m bloody minded but I,m actually just being cautious when I see potential trouble where there need not be any.

If you are happy to do such a thing may I suggest you ask either Sean or Piney as they are both known to you and respected here, this is sensible progress and I commend you for allowing something good to come from what has been a pretty time wasting off topic for alll of us.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »
Just a side note for the non believers about GhostShips project and a heads up for GostShip, he trusted me with the code as far as his project has progressed so I can assure you it exists.

As the few that tried to start simalar projects know, it is a hughe job if you have to do it all alone and thus progress is slow.

There might very well be a point to restart from scratch if you find it hard or even impossible to join the pieces together.

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 12:39:03 am »
everyone seems to have had their say and then some

If someone has something constructive to add, I'm sure the thread can be unlocked.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2010, 12:51:59 am »
The two words everyone has been hoping would be uttered, have not, and that's sad
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  Re: Urban Dictionary for Metis (non related debate)

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx