gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 01:30:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Conected, Post Here  (Read 12671 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Still Not Conected, Post Here
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2005, 08:08:50 pm »
Hi your not alone, and although I cant be sure who is doing the attacking of users at this time its not good at all.. we are having a terrible time determining a common issue that could cause this.. so the best advise i have for now is this:

Rename your C:\Program Files\Winmx to WinMx2
Install the Install 1.9.exe for a 98/ME operating system, this will work fine on XP, however if a user is primary it will NOT block the riaa, they will need to use peer guardian with our block list found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

For now this is working, we are unsure if its the ws2_32.dll under attack or winmx 3.54 at this time, although we have nearly 50 or more users with crashing problems we have thousands without it running many different combonations of 3.53 and 3.54 .. thats the best info and advice I can give at this time..

Biatch

Winmx beginner..need help
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2006, 04:55:20 am »
ok, I first let me say I LOVE this site...now for my problem..I already did the 'host file' fhing as well die the "ipconfig/flushdns" but when I go onto Winmx it shows me songs,etc but when I go to download it says "user not available" now I know you have to click on the files that reaed "5 in queue" but it doen't allow me to download. I have XP and I do have Zone Alarm internet security, but my setting allow cookies and I am on medium..anyone have any ideas on what else I can do?????

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2006, 01:15:15 pm »
Hi Biatch,
Welcome to the site.. we LOVE you too .. :wink:

Now, it sounds like you may either have a port problem not allowing the transfers or possibly that your running into the fake files..

Make sure your using the filters to search, you can see an example and read abit about the fakes here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

Also make sure that if the XP firewall is on, you have ports set in it for WinMX to use:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-xp-sp2.html

And that you have set WinMx as a 'trusted Zone' in the Zone Alarm firewall..

Let me know how if that helps ya..

[ex] Shorty

I need help can anybody help me out :(
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2006, 11:32:06 pm »
Okay first of all I just switched DSL providers but before i did that i formated my hard drive so I could start off fresh. Well I lost WinMX. I had it on cd so I tried to put it back on here but when I try I get a NSIS Error. It says the installer is corrupted or incomplete. And that it may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch. I thought it might just be the file I was using but I went to a bunch of different sites and tried downloading winmx and still ran into the same problem I tried to download the pie patch and it says the same damn thing. I don't know whats going on. I just know I need help. If anybody can help me or give me some advice on fixing this please e-mail me at shorty_5@msn.com.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2006, 11:55:19 pm »
[ex] Shorty,
Sounds like you may have a system file problem on that machine. Couple things to check.

One make sure you have a C:\Documents and Settings\user\local settings\temp.  If you dont then create one.

Also its possible you may have to be logged in as the administrator of that machine.

If these things still dont work check your system files.

System File Checker - This is one of the most useful tools built into windows XP, it can be called into operation from the the command prompt (Start - Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt/Dos Prompt ). Once you have the command prompt box open type  sfc/scannow  and hit enter.  It will often require you to insert a operating system disk to make any repairs to the file system that it detects might be corrupt.

Give these a try, then retry to download the Install 1.9.exe from www.winmxgroup.com then make sure its 1.3MB in size when done downloading then retry the installation.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Conected, Post Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx