gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 07:46:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  WinMX Compatible Clients  |  LOOK HERE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LOOK HERE  (Read 15029 times)

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
LOOK HERE
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:30:31 am »
Okay folks, here is a little something to keep you on your toes, as some of you may or may not know myself, GhostShip and Zhen-Xlogic have been working on a replacement client. At the moment it’s not complete, but does have most of the secondary protocol and the main parts are all working. The reason I’m posting this is that I will be away for a little while, leaving GhostShip and Zhen to continue the work.
Below are some screen shots of the “current” client we have, but it may change.

Although not tied in with the view yet, downloads work and uploads will soon follow, but as you can see we have tried to keep the “MX look” as best as possible. And to clarify this isn’t finished, there are still a couple of things to fix and clean up, but we are expecting to at least have an alpha ready soon. :)

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
Re: LOOK HERE
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:31:20 am »
And the last one because it will only let me have 10 attachments :P

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:50:53 am »
i say things are looking up :)

GO TEAM GO!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:54:26 am »
Awesome work, Thanks Will, Zhen and Ghostship

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:38:10 am »
Looks good guys... lookin forward to the release :D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:33:07 am »
i'll be damned...

i like the ability to manually enter a filetype in search... both future and 'retro' proofs it... can search for anything from amiga mod to flac and quarterdesk animator to matroska....

and the lack of an 'mshtml' instance is a big plus in and of itself....

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:09:47 am »
Well technically no Stripes you cant just search for anything, in that the limitation on the searches is part fo the protocol, there is a byte in each search packet that is linked to the filetype, which winmx only supports 12 types (i believe) and adding new ones would in effect prevent the searches from being backwards compatable.  therefore you may as well add ever other possible design idea if you were to add the greater list of types, as it cant break the compatibility more than "broke".

I think futureproofing is good, but there needs to be a balance between support and ambition.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »
For those who want to see a successful first download.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:05:40 pm »
Well technically no Stripes you cant just search for anything, in that the limitation on the searches is part fo the protocol, there is a byte in each search packet that is linked to the filetype, which winmx only supports 12 types (i believe) and adding new ones would in effect prevent the searches from being backwards compatable.  therefore you may as well add ever other possible design idea if you were to add the greater list of types, as it cant break the compatibility more than "broke".

I think futureproofing is good, but there needs to be a balance between support and ambition.

Would be simplest to just use the any file type (type) for searching, and then just filter by file extension client side for what Stripes is wanting.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »
forgot about the filetype packets :/ ... been using "anyfile" for so long that i got used to its results...

the current client can mostly do what josh suggested by keyword in the top box and a filetype extension in the bottom... far from perfect but it works...

need to reserve some new filetypes (or drop that method and use 'any' for all searches) when the new client has primary...

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:16 pm »
Any would be better. Often by switching from. Mp3 to zip or rare I album I want will appear.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:57:01 pm »
Its trivial to add new types to the fixed list, the aim of course is to get it all just like the original mx and you get to choose what you want to see appear and in what file type, as Ritchy says most of the usual filetypes have their own type identifier but we can always add anything deemed "critical"  the folks want.

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 12:24:22 pm »
A hearty and hearfelt thank you to Will, Ghostship and Zhen-logic for their time and hard work that is going into this client! Thank you so much! To me, it looks wonderful!  :yes:
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 03:23:01 am »
The new client is looking very good! Thanks for everyone hard work! I'm really excited! I can't wait to see it up, and running soon!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:29:20 am »
* Silver Stripes wonders if hes the only one that catches the (unintentional?) star trek reference in this thread....

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 07:36:01 am »
the attachment name?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:30 am »
With their being a Borg just below it I doubt it was a coincidence LOL.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 07:24:41 pm »
I must say since I have been running the borg image many folks have been less than respectful  :lol:

I will try to upload a new image this week and we shall see how that affects folks, it was quite an eye opener in that it has any effect at all, but it really does.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »
I assure you it's not the image :no:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 07:44:16 pm »
i was referring to the 'first contact' ... forgot about the sig image as it often doesnt load for me... :embarrassed:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  WinMX Compatible Clients  |  LOOK HERE

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 27 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx