gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 03:53:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake or not? Not sure  (Read 70578 times)

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
Re: Fake or not? Not sure
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:52 am »
I suggest we all change our nicknames to "WinMX_Resistance" to express oposition to the malicious persons who're trying to spoil our long time favourite P2P network.

I have no technical knowledges, so this is just a suspicion theory: What would happen if all users unanimously decide to connect as Secondary? Would this weaken those lamers in any way, despite this is probably impossible to co-ordinate?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:04 am »
there would be no network without primaries.... secondaries rely fully on a primary for functionality....

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:08 am »
I tried it while connected to primary connection instead of my usual secondary and the same thing happened on that too. So the whole system is all screwed up. Sigh!!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 02:20:54 am »
That is what we have tried to convey.

For the moment its best to read this and pass it on to others.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 02:53:11 am »
That's great.
Thank you Ghostship for taking the time to put that together for the community.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 04:34:00 am »
Yes, thanks Ghostship for putting that literature together! Like you said; I think its really important to get the word out to as many users as possible what the problem is, and inform them what their options are for working around it until a fix can be made. I have no doubt that WinMx will one day be better than it ever was.  You never know; maybe something positive will happen from this.  Maybe some developers / coders will hear of the problem, and take an interest with the development of the new client.  Sometimes the best, and worse things in life just kinda happen to you.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 08:22:24 am »
I'm unable to find WMW help / support chat room. The chat filter / browser is not able to locate the room.  Could someone lend me a helping hand please!  Thanks in Advance! :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 08:40:47 am »
WinMXWorld.com Help_13A3F042BABE

-edit- is valid hash...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 08:49:41 am »
That was it Silver Stripes.  Thank You!

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 02:59:18 pm »
Thanx a lot, Ghostship, I'm sharing that on Facebook.

BTW, anyone who wants to join/help this page is welcome: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WinMX/113560098671811

Offline Ford500

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 12:23:45 am »
i am having the same problem, anybody that can help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 12:45:45 am »
@ford; no fix yet... being worked on...

@admin; a suggestion; use the box normally used to announce birthdays to put a short blurb of info that all users are affected and a solution is being worked on ... would save a lot of forum moderation...

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 02:47:21 pm »
So there's nothing new in three days? Usuaslly have at least 80 in my queu - now itr stays around 14 on average. Is this problem the reason?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 10:19:13 pm »
if they cant find you they cant get in your queue... so... id say so....

could park in a room;  https://www.winmxunlimited.net/utilities/wpnlist/  ?

Offline rookie013

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:43 am »
I'm new to WinMX World but have been using WinMX I guess about 8 years.  I joined today because I didn't see any information about the search problem on the home page and was going to ask if anyone else had this problem.  I figured it was network wide.  It took a bit of searching to find out about the attacks and I would suggest putting the information GhostShip put together
newbielink:https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html [nonactive]
in an easy to find spot on the Home Page so everyone can easily find out the problem is not them.  This is too important to have to search for.  I hope it gets fixed quickly.  Thanks!

Offline lxman1

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:54 am »
They got me too. I hope this can be resolved soon. I love WinMx and will not use any other file sharing program.

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 05:23:22 pm »
Meet me in OpenNap...

Offline jimr

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but has anyone else had hard drive problems? Just by coincidence, perhaps, my Seagate Freeagent external drive, which is where my incoming and shared files are, suddenly stopped working. I tried switching USB ports and the USB cord, it lights up but nobody's home.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:27 pm »
@jimr; if its the seagate freeagent desk (the big white one) it most likely died from overheat... those things are in horrid cases that basically cook the drive to death (i nearly lost mine a while back and ripped the case off... it resides -inside- the computer now... lol) if you still hear the drive spin up unplug its power source and let it sit for about a day... plug it back in and try again... if its still fail and you still have it under warranty you can get a new one but youve lost the data.... if you dont care about the warranty the drive itself is a standard sata drive with a usb bridge... if your computer has sata you can try connecting it that way...

@synesthetize; already there... ;)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:17 pm »
Silver Stripes,  that link you gave to park in a room. It wants me to download a web browser instead. Is that what it's supposed to do? Thanks.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx