gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:38:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS  (Read 56445 times)

KM

WCS
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 12:45:50 pm »
...no comment :-P

WCS
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 11:57:32 am »
Hi ive tried 2 loopback but sharegaurd still wont enter the room

Is there any thing else i can try?

KiLO

WCS
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 01:31:21 pm »
ShareGuard won't enter rooms hosted on ports lower than 1024 =/

some_honky

WCS
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 11:22:16 pm »
try using your loopback adress or type in (on robo manual join feature) the following

YOUR ROOM NAME_127.0.0.2:3

you will need to change the three to whatever port your running wcs on

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
WCS
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 02:09:12 am »
Hi Some, the items that are being reffered to are MxControl programs that will not work correctly on a lower port like 3, its in their design.

Kyle

WCS
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 02:58:28 am »
is it possible to change the "/message" test format?   :?
if so can someone explain how?

any reply to this post would be greatly appreciated!  :D
ty

« K Y L E »

Anonymous

WCS
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 02:59:20 am »
text* sorry, its late lol

KiLO

WCS
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 08:21:44 am »
Quote from: GhostShip
Hi Some, the items that are being reffered to are MxControl programs that will not work correctly on a lower port like 3, its in their design.

And that's the way it should be ;-)

KM

WCS
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 02:27:32 pm »
ports below 1024 are those that should be used for servers hosting things, so it makes no sense at all to block a client from connecting to them...

however in reality there isn't any difference between above and below 1024, as any program can use any port for anything really, its only on unix systems that a port above 1024 is required for standard users to host things from

KiLO

WCS
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2005, 03:03:29 am »
Aren't ports below 1024 reserved for Windows on Windows as well?

KiLO

WCS
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 03:13:27 am »
Read up on it and yes you're right.

This is an interesting reference though:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

;-)

KM

WCS
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005, 04:12:38 am »
...and if you also look, the lowest port thats used by anything that hasn't been completely forgotten about is 20 (for FTP), all those below 20 are services that date back to the original networks before they linked together to form the internet, i like ports below 10 best though, easy to type... lol

hungryeyes

WCS
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 09:40:16 am »
my wcs aint holding bans evertime i reboot they clear?

KiLO

WCS
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2005, 09:59:08 am »
Let's go back in time and dramatically recreate what I believe happened:

It's a cold and stormy night... rain drops pitter pattering on the window. (Camera pans from the window and slows to a stop on KM). KM, the man that can automate anything that could possibly in some way somehow be automated, sits by his dim flickering desklamp furiously fingering the keys of the keyboard, amidst the faint and dull hum of a cooling fan. Beads of sweat forms on his forehead and roll down his cheeks, patches of sweat forming on his shirt. After not showering a few days, quite frankly, smells a little too.

I've been coding all night.. I must have typed close to a thousand lines of code... I can't feel my (bleep)-ing fingers. *Wipes sweat off brow* I gotta finish this... I gotta... But wait... I still have to... Still have to pick a default port to host on... This is the biggest descision of my life... *Deep breathing* What should it be? I don't know if I can do this.... *Forces a shaking hand up, index finger pointed at the keypad* Must... type... *Grunts as he slams it down on the 3 key* ... go... *sweat pours down his face as he raises his hand* ... on... *Struggles to type an extra 3 NUMBERS* ARGH!!!!!!!!! *Hands falls away to the side, slamming on the desk* Ah screw it. 3 is fine. I can't be bothered to type 4 digits for the rest of my life. That's like... wasing valuable time.
-End Scene-

Ah boredom.

KM

WCS
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 01:35:11 pm »
numbers below 10 also dont need any conversion between writing them in decimal format and writing them in hexadecimal format (for the channel name etc) :-P

Kyle

WCS
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2005, 08:57:38 pm »
i don't mean to double post but, is it possible to change the "/message" text format??
if so can anyone explain how plz :)
ANY response to this post would be GREATLY appreciated :D

« K Y L E »

KM

WCS
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2005, 09:54:13 pm »
currently, no... but, if you can come up with an idea for something that would look better then please do tell, because that really bad attempt seriously was the best i could come up with... lol

Kyle

WCS
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 12:05:59 am »
Quote from: KM
currently, no... but, if you can come up with an idea for something that would look better then please do tell, because that really bad attempt seriously was the best i could come up with... lol

Well, everyone has different tastes,  idea: perhaps make it possible for anyone to change to any different format, it would be kewl if we could tweet it as easy as the textformats :)

thanx for your reply KM

« K Y L E »

NewB

redirect exemption and related brainfarts
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 05:25:04 am »
issue:  redirect behavior

when I do  redirect command, I do not want to part the channel too.  Is there a way to add an option to have [flagged] admins [or at least the commander] not part  the existing channel but *perhaps* just join the target channel?

Sometimes I run a backup channel and catch strays that do not know the new channel hash.. so I just sit and redirect them from time to time.  I would prefer not to get redirected with them each time.  

additionally, is there a way to add an auto-redirect, so I don't have to do it manually?  So that when the channel is in inactive/backup only mode, anyone that tries to join would be auto-redirected to the active channel?

and to get really spiffy, if the active channel crashes, then automatically dusable the auto-redirect, so that the previously inactive/backup then becomes the de facto active channel?

useful?  worthy?

Anonymous

Re: redirect exemption and related brainfarts
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 05:52:21 am »
Quote from: NewB

additionally, is there a way to add an auto-redirect, so I don't have to do it manually?  So that when the channel is in inactive/backup only mode, anyone that tries to join would be auto-redirected to the active channel?

and to get really spiffy, if the active channel crashes, then automatically disable the auto-redirect, so that the previously inactive/backup then becomes the de facto active channel?

Talking to myself...

it might help to have   /reload,  /setautoredirect <on/off> and  /setredirecttarget <room_hash>  command ability from the console, so that these things can be done without joining a client to the room.  If redirect is active, joining an admin client could be problematic :p

Assuming the host of the inactive redirect room is away, and the active room needs to be changed, once the users are redirected from the targetted active room to the new room, the target room would go down [maybe for reboot or whatever].  I suppose in that case, the inactive redirect room would get 'redirect failed'?  or is that a client only signal?  anyway.. just thinking of a way  for an admin to get back in and change the redirecttarget when it is no longer current.

can the server detect that the redirecttarget room is no longer online and available?  so as to deactivate the auto-redirect?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx