gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:20:16 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Newest patch estimate?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newest patch estimate?  (Read 11125 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Newest patch estimate?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 07:52:07 am »
Michael, try as you might to make your attacks on this network someones else's fault the facts are clear you and Oystein self admittedly have attacked the network if you need logs of you both saying that I will deliver, you have also in this thread admitted to releasing the information that allows for abuse of the network, are you simply incapable of taking responsibility for your actions ?

Since you released the protocol information attacks have continued taking place that abuse the primary protocols no one can dispute this clear fact.

You had a keen coding mind we all know but its very much let down by you personality failings that are evident to anyone who says NO to you, and lets be honest here simply making broad statements saying folks have said things when they haven't is pretty stupid, in this case 100+ folks saw you confess to the attacks so please lets hear why all of them are liars.

Regulars here and to the chat rooms will also be well aware of the spamming campaign and the anonymous postings made across many community sites making claims that are based on things only you had made big issues of and little else, I suppose you don't have the backbone to admit to those either do you Michael, the whole network is attacked by anonymous cowards and spammed by anonymous cowards who just happen to fire up their tools around the time you arrived back here, why would anyone be convinced by your claims of innocence when the exact same attack methods you admittedly used are still in usage to this day.

I spoke to Michael prior to his attacks commencing when he was swapping good time stories with an old friend as I was till he started these attacks, and he at that time mentioned he had been part of a small but powerful cyber pressure group roughly based on the famous anonymous model, all the methods of attack so far are the exact same methods they used including breaking into accounts, web site attacks, character assassination and spamming, and many many more dirty tricks designed to bully opponents into withdrawing, the problem is KM when you push a whole community instead of an individual they galvanise at some stage and further efforts will always prove futile, you have been stopped dead with your lies and will be stopped dead with your attacks and at that stage just what are you going to do, as without the power of being able to abuse the whole netwwork you simply become a minor voice in the ears of a few weakminded users, I always valued you as a WinMX supporter make no mistake, but theres no room on WinMX for a bully or two (thats you NB ), anonymous threats to rape peoples children are never going to be acceptable to decent folks you both need to understand that.

Offline oodi

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
I don't know squat about code. I don't know who did what to winmx. 
I do know that over the years I have been given and have shared thousands upon thousands of files, but now it doesn't connect.  Just says "connecting" on secondary or "p=0 s=0" on primary.
I guess someone smarter than me turned it off.   

I REALLY wish someone smarter than me would make it work again.

And frankly, I don't care who said what about who. It's sad to lose such a good program to such petty concerns as who is smarter or who has more friends or which files one group or person thinks should or shouldn't be shared.

Is ANYBODY happier now that winmx doesn't work? Does anybody (except the RIAA) win this way?

doingwithout37

I agree!  The vast majority of the people that are being affected had/have NOTHING to do with whatever feud is going on and/or any "politics" involved, but yet they are being "punished."

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »
We all agree WinMX should not be attacked and we all know there are no excuses for attacking it, no one at WMW has attacked the network and we are as much victims of these criminal attackers as are the rest of you, there is no feud, there are network attackers and they need to stop their attacks.

Offline oodi

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »
We all agree WinMX should not be attacked and we all know there are no excuses for attacking it, no one at WMW has attacked the network and we are as much victims of these criminal attackers as are the rest of you, there is no feud, there are network attackers and they need to stop their attacks.

Unfortunately, not everyone agrees that WinMX should not be attacked, or the attacks wouldn't be happening.  I fail to see what the attackers think they are accomplishing.  Much thanks to those that are trying to fix the issues.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2011, 03:54:12 am »
So are you one of the attackers KM? Have you made attacks on the network? If so then why?

Nice straight questions...

Nice STRAIGHT answers would be refreshing too (not 7-page rants)
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 07:39:07 am »
Well once again it as resulted in flaming and dirt flinging. Do you really think that the users of WinMX and even more so the COMMUNITY really wants to see this. It's getting beyond a joke.

We have and have had many coders who have developed many programs, patches, caches and add-ons for WinMX. Some coders have gone now, they have their reason. Who really cares why they left, the point is THEY LEFT. There is no point in crying over spilt milk, they are not around to help so lets crack on with the positiveness that we have.

@KM, Once I looked up to you as you could achieve what I could possibly not. I remember back in the day when you was developing, asking you to change the exit message of WCS as I did not like it. You did change it, with a slight twist of humour added lol. You was once someone that many looked up to as one of the saviours of WinMX and someone who was actively developing programs that kept people interested in WinMX.

@Ghostship, I can remember back in the day when ME HERE and all the other old Admins where around. The site was active with users contributing with useful information and things that actually got a good respone. The whole atmosphere was a lot cleaner, there was no tension and no drama. You seemed like the type of guy who wanted to help, with the best interests of the community at heart.

Now time as passed and it seems something as sparked a war between you two. DESPITE how much you dislike or HATE each other for whatever reason, the community as done nothing to deserve this. Your both as bad as each other really, instead of working together to gain a fix to the problems that we now face, your calling each other and touching each others nerves.

@Ghost, like it or like it not I have noticed that you have retired and have come back to help with the situations that are currently happening. I have also noticed that you are not the right kind of person to be doing such a thing, due to the fact that the people who are attacking the NETWORK have some personal problems with you. They claim and you also claim that the people attacking the network are only doing so in hate against you. I do not know if it's the fact that you come across as some power mad devil a bit like The Master (Doctor Who), or other reason that we as a community do not know.

@KM, If you have or are doing or have not and will not attack the network, why not help with the situations that we have now. You would surely gain more respect from the community for helping rather than supposedly attacking.

In short, I have a brilliant IDEA. Why don't we either play nicely and help each other or do nothing and watch WinMX slowly die. Like it or not that's what is happening. When Frontcode left WinMX for dust, many thought it was all over. We proved them wrong as a strong community having hard core devoted developers. People like the RIAA and MPAA will be pissing themselves now, looking in at WMW and seeing that the community is falling apart and developers and site admins / supervisors who where once friends are now killing the network. YOUR SAVING THEM A JOB AND THEY GET PAID FOR THAT JOB. Talk about selling yourselves short.

Take a step back and look at what you have both become. Then give yourself's a well done pat on the back or you can both stop acting like fucking kids and get this shit sorted out.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 08:32:58 am »
I'm disappointed you speak in such terms to those who have kept the community strong for the last 6 years and seem to overlook who is attacking and who is not, however I do see how its pretty hard to glean any real knowledge of events with a war of words going on.

I appreciate your frustrated Nikon, if you or anyone else believes they can either deliver a network fix or stop the attacks then please do so, I will continue to do my best for the community and will of course step back into a more pleasant persona at some stage, that stage will be when the network is once again safe and peaceful as showing weakness when faced with attacks is not mine or general human nature.

I'm sorry if my words disappoint you but I take on board your deep concern and your taking time to make your views public, I do know many share your view but from my point of view I must not fail in the task to help deliver a solution as there are no other potential fixes on the horizon, that knowledge may be clouding my polite judgement but desperate times call for some of the finer niceties of etiquette to be suspended while my concentration is elsewhere and responding to the attackers claims are simply another aspect of a dirty job, one that leaves the rest of the staff here with clean hands for when I no longer need to be here and thus any future personal fights are thus extinguished.

Cheers for caring enough to post  8)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 09:29:29 am »
I'm disappointed you speak in such terms to those who have kept the community strong for the last 6 years and seem to overlook who is attacking and who is not, however I do see how its pretty hard to glean any real knowledge of events with a war of words going on.

You obviously did not read the whole post and if you did you did not read it and grasp my point. It was not a post made to insult you, km or others that have helped for the last six years. It was what most people are thinking "Why the hell don't these two get along and why are they at each necks". It is disappointing that you of all people can not see this.

You seem to think your actions are justified and so does KM. YOU seem to think that when someone as an opinion you can talk them down, mate I have seen it myself and others will back me up here. KM seems to think it's his place to either attack or give people the knowledge and aid people on attacking the network, for what TO PROVE A POINT.

Every time KM posts something we get the impression he thinks he is god, when you post back you give people the impression that your in charge and everything as got to be your way or no way at all.

For you to insult my intelligence and claim that I do not know what's going off and I am basing everything I say on what I see KM and other say is absolute bullshit. I am looking at what everyone says and then making up my own mind. The same as other will who look at the site. It as gone past who is better than who and it certainly as gone past what I say is better than what you have said.

I appreciate your frustrated Nikon, if you or anyone else believes they can either deliver a network fix or stop the attacks then please do so, I will continue to do my best for the community and will of course step back into a more pleasant persona at some stage, that stage will be when the network is once again safe and peaceful as showing weakness when faced with attacks is not mine or general human nature.

Umm, maybe I am taking this quote personally here. I have spoken to you on MSN and explained that I wanted to learn coding, I never claimed that I could code or know of anyone else who can code. Is this one of them lines where you try and say "If you can not do better, shut up". Ghost, this is not personal so do not take it as being personal but how many people regardless of their background are going to say the same thing before you get an idea of what the problems around here really are.

I'm sorry if my words disappoint you but I take on board your deep concern and your taking time to make your views public, I do know many share your view but from my point of view I must not fail in the task to help deliver a solution as there are no other potential fixes on the horizon, that knowledge may be clouding my polite judgement but desperate times call for some of the finer niceties of etiquette to be suspended while my concentration is elsewhere and responding to the attackers claims are simply another aspect of a dirty job, one that leaves the rest of the staff here with clean hands for when I no longer need to be here and thus any future personal fights are thus extinguished.

Yeah I understand that you acting like this because of the attacks and the knowledge you have and who and why it's happening, I really do. However what is the point in calming down and leaving when the network is fixed but there is no one left on the network. People will choose themselves, stay on a Network that at the moment looks like world war 3 or move on and forget world war 3.

Ghost your intelligent right?
KM your intelligent right?

Why not work together to fix the WPN and then go to war over words and actions after. Jeez how many posts will it take before you and KM stop being children and work together or if you can't do that stay the hell out of each others way so that work can be done and peace, faith and trust can be restored within the community.
System(s) Configuration

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 10:09:13 am »
I too once respected KM and am still thankful for the good things he has done for winmx in the past.I've used WCS for a few years and still
find it to be 1 of the best servers available (although i do prefer Minds & Ravens fixes and new additions).I also respect Ghostship for
standing up for the community, even though he gets abused time and time again ,he still hangs in there... he doesnt have to, he doesnt
get paid, and a lot of others would have thrown in the towel long ago.For him still willing to stick around and see this through i have
to admire his 'never give up attitude'.I havent always agreed with Ghostship over the years, but i don't think anybody can deny hes a
stand up guy and doesn't run away when people are bashing him or winmxworld.

Theres a big difference between the 2 of them (KM and Ghost)... 1 has admitted to attacking the network, while the other is fighting to
save it.

Quote from: GhostShip
All here are still awaiting your explanation of why you felt it was necessary to both attack the entire networks infrastructure

Quote from: JustSomeone (KM)
I believe this was made quite clear, and in fact everyone seemed to know exactly what was being done and exactly why,....

@Nikon You say Ghost isn't the right person to be helping. Which brings up the question, Who is? I can't think of anybody that stands
up for WinMX and the community as much as he does.

I hope nobody forgets, winmx was doing fine and people were going about their everyday lives just fine, before a coupla past users came back
to show off how well they know WinMX's weaknesses and took it upon themselves to try and destroy it.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 10:30:56 am »
I really wish people like Nikon and many others would quit coming to forums calling for people to "make it up with KM". KM is a terrorist, negotiating with him is pointless (as recently proved again!), he doesnt want anything but to satisfy his own agendas. Any negotiating with KM would just be entertainment for him, the very fact that Nikon and others come and post here with ill thought out philosophies is playing right into his hands as valueable time is being wasted.

Nikon, if you are unhappy with who does what here, or are unhappy with various users relationships or lack of them, then I suggest you seek out KM, NB and any others who have confessed to attacking winmx and adopt your own approach for ending the attacks. I am sure they will stop if you ask them nicely!

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 10:39:23 am »
I really wish people like Nikon and many others would quit coming to forums calling for people to "make it up with KM". Km is a terrorist, negotiating with him is pointless (as recently proved again!), he doesnt want anything but to satisfy his own agendas. Any negotiating with KM would just be entertainment for him, the very fact that Nikon and others come and post here with ill thought out philosophies is playing right into his hands as valueable time is being wasted.

Nikon, if you are unhappy with who does what here, or are unhappy with various users relationships or lack of them, then i suggest you seek out KM, NB and any others who have confessed to attacking winmx and adopt your own approach for ending the attacks. I am sure they will stop if you ask them nicely!

Fair point there Nobby, it was tried and it failed when WMW reasoned with KM. Pleasing his agendas is pushing users away from the community and we all know that's happening. I was only stating on what it looks like when people come to the site, you know outsiders who do not know what's going off.

Amazing how no one can admit their actions and words could have been done and said differently. 
System(s) Configuration

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:09 am »
Thats not exactly true I did suggest if Michael had contacted me on MSN we could have discussed this as colleagues as was our normal way, he was after all a long time wmw member and we do have a professional attitude to most topics that affect the WPN.

There are always thing that could have been done in different ways but I was right about the damage releasing such material would cause, thus I was always fully justified in making an effort to bring him to the discussion table before things got out of hand. Its just a pity he didnt want to discuss, just cause damage.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
It would be very unwise to try to work with KM on fixing the problem when he seems to be one of the users attacking the network. By sharing data with him on the new patch or new client would only give him the data he needs to look for a new exploit in the protocol, and start a new round of attacks on the the new patch or new client. Why the hell would someone want to do that!? Sometime I can't believe what i'm reading on here! I'm not a Ghostship fanboy, and i have different ideals for a new client than GS. If i was a coder I would do it differently. The thing is I have to side with him since he is not the one attacking the network.  This is my unbiased educated conclusion of looking at all the data at hand. Remember who is attacking the network, and who isn't.  KM may have a change of heart at some point, but people don't change overnight. I believe bringing new talent into the community is the best option, but with the war going on right now no one will want to help. The attackers are getting just what they wanted. I'm sure they are laughing their a$$'s off right now knowing they are successfully making everyone turn against one another.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2011, 11:13:29 pm »
i think if we all come together we can over come the attacks if we all just cam bac together again as a community and stopped the i own this i own that this is mine that is mine bull shit then we would be fine and if we all worked twds new future for winmx it could be done and  before i was a total dick had to GS and i did not mean to be but now that i know NB threatened to rape young children im no longer standing with them they fighting for all wrong reasons and i was blinded by there lies but not anymore im done so im here to help out the community as much as i can
~E-9 SGM Sergeant Major Nicholas Dilbeck~
Stupidity is not a disability, complain elsewhere"

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 07:01:11 am »
KM doesnt like Ghost, oh well...
Rather than moaning and bitching about it comparing notes between each other as to who likes who, the WPN has a bug. KM uses it to cause problems. He released the information to the outside world and now interested parties can also attempt to use the network as an attack tool on other sites or just plain try to destroy WinMX. It can be terrorists it can be the RIAA, it can be KM. All attention should be focused on closing the bug that allows our little network to be taken advantage of no matter the reason or sources of the attacks. A lot of people here sound like the small but vocal minority that think the way to stop the current global conflicts, as in the Real wars where men die, is to basically surrender. Negotiations with terrorists on WinMX and in the real world doesnt work. Never has, never will. 2 minutes after they 'cooperate' they will dream up more demands... or else. There are more important things to worry about than if KM is happy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:23 am »
the WPN has a bug.

actually its a feature... (no im not being sarcastic) ... search wouldnt work without this 'bug' ;)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 08:06:29 am »
That is the very common sense reasoning I have tried to stay true to MinerLantern, its not about me or WmW, I dont hate KM, however I am very disappointed he took a bad path and cant see that.

As you rightly point out we are faced now with a situation where anyone who has some coding skill (or knows someone who has) can launch abusive attacks on the entire community, once again you focus correctly by stating a technical solution is our only option and I am of course pleased to remind all that good people are working on such a technical  solution and have been working on it for some time now with the associated technical hurdles and the obvious learning curve of getting the WPN primary network to play ball  nicely.

Following on the original production of a list of winmx protocol weaknesses many implementation ideas have been discussed and many variations of code, coding method  and technique are being tried and tested each day and its simply a matter of time till a successful method is delivered I have utmost confidence in this being the case after watching the excellent progress being made up to now, each peice of progress often leads the project on to the next hurdle but the challenges are being met one after the other, I hope we can all do our bit to put a stop to the current madness at completion day by using the new solution, it cannot come fast enough for any of us.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
Its good to see people are staring to come back to there senses! The attackers were getting just what they wanted by breaking everyone up. Don't let them continue to manipulate you for there own personal agendas.  Lets start talking about something constructive again. Many of us do not agree on what the protocols of the new client & network should be. There's no reason we can't find a common middle ground, and do whats best for the network. I believe making sure we have the most secure network possible, and insuring that the network is always growing and never dies is a good start. I hope that is a cornerstone we can all agree upon.  Hopefully a fix will be found soon so work can be continued on the new client! Maybe I even will have enough coding skills soon to help with some aspect of the client.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline allenx1966

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 07:42:26 am »
So my simple little post has become ground zero for rants between he said she said? If so and so did what you claimed, and now you are attacking the entire network for the acts of one dummy,can't you find a more targeted attack? It's like Full Metal Jacket here,one fat ass sneaks a donut  and now we all have to do pushups? It goes both ways, if you did do something to make someone attack, why not just admit what ya did,apologize and be done with it?
   Yall are acting just like my spoiled stepson that doesn't  know what no means cause mommie's baby can do no wrong. Now we all have to pay for counseling because my wife is too stupid to stop breast feeding a 13 yr old. Life is hard enough without unneeded, retarded, juvenile crap like this. No wonder the world hates us. All the problems in the world, and yall want to fight over some stupid shit like this. No wonder the starving black potbellied kid with flies in his eyes hates us................ be thankful you are not him and get over this already. 

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 08:13:26 am »
If no one can use the network because its under attack surely any real winmx user would state without reservation that the attacks should stop, there has never been any legitimate reason from anyone to attack the entire network, no one has the right to smash the network whatever their petty gripes.

I can see why other folks dont come forward to help fix mx up, those trying seem to have to put up with ridiculous posts such as your own, why does anyone bother  :/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Newest patch estimate?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx