gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:14:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system  (Read 32275 times)

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
Re: My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:58 pm »
has anyone ever tried dumping the .rsrc or .rdata into any converter programs???   :canadian:

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:24 am »
Firstly I was not nor have I ever been a part of winmx technologies nor frontcode technologies, I have over time worked with fellow WinMx users to firstly discover the key protocols and then to create a src of much material for coders to make use, we have pretty much all the information on how winmx works that any coder could dream of both primary and secondary, this then has been done through hard work spread over some years on and off, what we lack to replicate the mx client is as I posted above coders, find those and we have the possibility to build many versions of a third party WPN client and make regular updates, nothing else is holding us back.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 02:07:49 am »
uh... cutting edge..... those 'symbols' are binary data... its what source code looks like after its compiled.... before its compiled its readable text... reversing the process isnt as easy as folks might think....

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:13 am »
I bet its not easy! look at that stuff!  ;) I understand very little about this part of programming. I can read and well scribble some java. The past 3 years I've been working in a machine shop running cnc machining centers. I have to read and adjust common java, html, basic, and g code. I am still learning and by the time this is all over I want to understand abit more about this binary. How to unpack it is a great start. I'm a fast learner and mostly self taught.
SS, anything you can give me I will be soaked up like a sponge.

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 03:11:29 am »
The WinMX binary is compressed to make it smaller Cutting Edge most folks who know about this type of method call such a compressed file one thats "packed", winmx is packed using a variation of the pklite32 compressor, there are some versions of it in its unpacked form around but tbh reversing WinMX is both unethical and likely illegal in some lands and thats one of the main reasons the work was put in to work out the entire raft of WPN "secrets" from the traffic alone.

Theres little point in using a hex tool every time you want to launch an update, only a proper client built using community src code  is seen as the sensible way to go about this, if reversing a program was trivial everyone would be doing it, thankfully its not and the obscuration methods used in the exe have served it well over the years, its just a shame a few rotten apples have spoiled this great community with their selfishness and rather stupid claims that have been proved to be complete nonsense, I hope those involved are ashamed of themselves although in reality I think these same ppl are too moronic to see just what damage they have caused let alone accept they are the root of the damage.

My apologies to the nice folks here, its just when I see housebound folks  come here begging for help because 2 or 3 idiots wanted to show off and smash the wpn I do get rather angry, I dont think I'll ever understand the dregs level of selfishness show by these morons, my apologies folks, its been a long day.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 03:33:07 am »
Maybe if Hans has some spare time he could help out with the patch to get this network going again. Then everyone could start focusing on the new client again.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:15 am »
I like talk like that Achilles  :-D

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 03:54:30 am »
I think thats the right move also. Lets see if he can pull it off! I got my fingers crossed. In the mean time, I'm going to continue my education. 

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 05:19:01 am »
@CE .... java (unless you are talking about javascript which is a completely different creature) compiles into whats called 'bytecode' .... it has no meaning to the computer only to the JVM (java virtual machine) which can be thought of as a software based cpu.....

an .exe (normally) consists of 'native' code... the binary soup that the cpu itself understands...

'html' isnt executable code persay as it is a set of instructions for 'drawing'.... html5 however could be argued to be a full programming language.....

'basic' is an interpreted language but is a full programming language.... if a bit clumsy.... it can also be compiled into machine native or bytecode depending on the tools used....

i am unfamiliar with 'g code' so have nothing on tap for that one....

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 05:55:35 am »
@CE .... java (unless you are talking about javascript which is a completely different creature) compiles into whats called 'bytecode' .... it has no meaning to the computer only to the JVM (java virtual machine) which can be thought of as a software based cpu.....

an .exe (normally) consists of 'native' code... the binary soup that the cpu itself understands...

'html' isnt executable code persay as it is a set of instructions for 'drawing'.... html5 however could be argued to be a full programming language.....

'basic' is an interpreted language but is a full programming language.... if a bit clumsy.... it can also be compiled into machine native or bytecode depending on the tools used....

i am unfamiliar with 'g code' so have nothing on tap for that one....
Yes I was speaking of java script, I cant write it from scratch but for the most part I can interpret and adjust or modify it.
I learned GW basic as a kid and it comes in handy at work with one of our older mills. As far as HTML, all in my spare time, I and a friend created www.cuttingedgecontracting.com and lots of other useful tidbits. G code is a  preparatory code machine language.
Its alot of G+ a number = function like axis movement or speeds and feeds of tooling. fun stuff!
Point being is if it catches my interest, I can learn it from others or teach it to myself thru trial and error and research.

Does Python unpack the binary files in Mx?  I know GS had said its packed using pklite but I couldnt find any info on using pklite to unpack. Stop me if I am askin too much......   

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:51 am »
html is my toy of choice too.... just keep IE away from what i write and it works great ;)

g code sounds like the cnc equivalent of older plotter (printer) languages...

javascript is also an interpreted language.... IIRC its a bastard child of C++ and something else... CSS2 can do much of what it used to be used for as far as site design goes....

python is a programming language as well (script/interpreted) it could probably be made to write something to depack winmx.exe but on its own its... just another programming language...

pklite is a packer.... there is no unpacker for it.... at least not officialy.... its a mess of a thing that screws around with the PE header (the part of a windows binary that tells how to get things started basically) compresses the code then shoves the resource data (the icons and other graphics) to the end of the .exe in a compressed format.... .....unpacking requires debugger tools and rebuilding the PE header... ....and the results still arent too pretty...

http://www.woodmann.com/crackz/Packers.htm

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »
I did some searching and found that without full access to the various authentic protocols used by WinMX it is a waste of time and  impossible to create a safe and new WinMx compatible client and primary.
Hans
AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 03:12:49 pm »
If your right then it is time to create a similar replacement client for the wpn users to migrate to.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »
Preferably decentralized. It is the safest route to take with a network like WinMx.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 07:11:58 pm »
Do you really think something like that does not already exist Achilles?  :yes:

It just does n't look like winmx and has another name  :D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 08:52:39 pm »
Something like that doesn't already exists.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 09:07:29 pm »
Pm me Joshua, and give the name of that client if you don't want to post it. I'm aware of many clients. Probably just about all of them. WinMx is just too unique in comparison to other clients out there. WinMx has it's goods and bads in comparrison with any of them. Filetopia would Be the closest I can think of. There still are many differences between the two though. Well im at work and this iPhone is a pain to use on this forum so I will continue this conversation when I get home.

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 03:07:58 pm »
I looked at the following:

Oneswarm (www.oneswarm.org) Public Filesharing is complicated.

Stealthnet / Rshare (www.stealthnet.de) 4GB file size limit! Not suitable for high resolution movies.

Ants (antsp2p.altervista.org) Uses Gnutella Webcache) Has apparently the same problems as WinMX with searches (DOS).

GNUNet (gnunet.org) Under development (version 0.9). Functions with addons similar to WinMx. Fully encrypted search and transfers. No disclosure of IP's. Windows and Linux BETA versions are available. Development is funded by Technical University Munich, DFG German Research Foundation (www.dfg.de/en), NLnet Foundation (nlnet.nl).

Various Bittorrent clients. Requires searching for and downloading "torrent" files from the web. Not anonymous. Users IP's are disclosed. Download speed depend on available Swarm Size and Speed. Can be VERY fast.

Bittorrent on top of I2P Net. Requires searching for and downloading "torrent" files from the public web (not anonymous) or I2P web (anonymous). Users IP's NOT disclosed. Download speed depend on available Swarm Size and Speed and number anomizing hops. Can be VERY fast.

Based on currently available information, I propose a client with a user interface similar to WinMx, choice of WinMx style liniar downloads and Bittorrent like Swarm downloads for speed. Distributed File Directory. Anonymity by utilising the I2P encrypted transport protocol. This will require that each "Client" will also be a "Primary" and provide directory service and packet forwarding for other users. The directory service will publish file names and hash numbers available for searching and selecting for download. The language would be "C".

Alternatively,  a competent JAVA coder writes a Directory Service "Plugin" for Azureus (Vuze) to eliminate the searching and downloading of "torrent" files. He would also have to create a WinMX style user interface for the Azureus Engine.

I do not use "Chat". There are many chat client/servers that can be incorporated into the user interface.

I can spend about 25 hours each week on the project. 

Hans

linux (at) interworld (dot) net (dot) au
AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 04:00:14 pm »
Hans, I don't understand what you mean by having an vuze directory service plugin integrated into the client to eliminate the need to search, and download torrents. Could you elaborate a little more on that? The last thing we need is another torrent client. Utorrent is my choice of torrent clients because it's so light and doesn't come with any garbage bundled with it. The thing is there are already so many of them, and i believe we would like to have our own WinMx like network independent of torrent trackers. If you could explain a little more about what the plugin is intended for I would like to do some of my own research.  Thank you for your expertise Hans!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »
@hans ... take a peek at a p2p system called 'perfect dark' .... might be in for a surprise...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx