gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:58:17 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Chat Server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FX Chat Server  (Read 56246 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: FX Chat Server
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2006, 11:05:46 am »
Im not real sure about the exile issues, honestly someone once said FXServ is a MCS program with bugs added and I tend to agree at times.. hopefully Fede will get that figured out.

As for entering this is a port issue, and so my first thought is does your friend have one of the new BT Hubs for broadband, these are actually routers and BT should be shot for naming it a hub?

IF not what is the actuall set up he has, hubs name, modems name, firewalls, and av?

Serenity

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2006, 07:43:14 pm »
Hi, I have both winmx beta and 3.53  port forward is set up for both winmx and FXServ ... I can't get in my own FXServ please help... It'snot a firewall issue either no firewall up. thanks please help soon !

Serenity

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2006, 08:53:35 pm »
btw . other people can get on my FXServe but neither my winmx 3.53 or beta version can get in. with the patches and all.....         my Rabbit can get in though. I have done port forward until I am blue in the face. I just don't know what to do. thanks... Serenity !

KM

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2006, 08:59:32 pm »
there could be a problem with your router not allowing you to connect to yourself, try joining directly using the loopback interface

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/loopback.html

(btw the reason rabbit works is because it will automatically try using a loopback address if it is unable to connect, others need you to do it manually as in the instructions above)

Serenity

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2006, 09:44:52 pm »
 :D  It worked You are a Doll Chocolate !!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked with WCS hopefully it will work with FX too thank you thank you !!! HUGS

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2006, 08:20:58 am »
For those using the old link and finding it dead please use this one as the old redirecting link is no longer operational.

http://fxserver.p2pzone.net/

Cheers folks  :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2006, 12:24:32 pm »
If you're hosting on FX and you are still using the pie based hosts file, if you look at it you will notice it has one primary cache and four secondary conections that rely on that single cache, if it is disconnected, your room is off-line,
but i have modified my hosts file to include the WinMXGroup caches (more than just one) giving you an even chance, so if one cahe or even four caches disconect (highly unlikely) you are still on-like and operational.
if you want this modified hosts file, i have it available, find me in:

WinMxWorld.com MxHosts_E3D7EFD5135B or Ladies & Gents Castle_B5B513521A2A 

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2006, 06:22:03 pm »
Definitly not the thing to do, if you host on fx serve delete the host file that comes with it and replace it with this dll, https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html its the bottom link.

Place the dll in your fxserve folder and forget about it, A host file needs to be updated periodicly as ips and caches change etc, but the dll uses hostnames so the caches can change open close etc and you will always still connect and notice no changes. Just for the knowledge hungry folks their is about 18 diffrent hostnames you can connect to but currently their is  8 active as the rest are their for in the event of a failure. (For the recored since frontcode closed and winmxworld started we have had 100% uptime due to measure like these in place, somethin the pie team can only dream off)
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
FX Chat Server 1.3.10.beta 11
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2006, 09:10:42 pm »
Folks a new FX beta has been released for you all to test  :)

http://fxserver.p2pzone.net/

15-12-06

1.3.10 is still a beta version, you can download it and try it keeping in mind that.
 Feel free to email if you think you have found a new bug.

You can read about the changes here

http://fxserver.p2pzone.net/fx1310b11.htm

Cheers Fede  8) , and Merry Xmas  :P

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2006, 03:51:11 pm »
iHi GS and all,
i am trying the new FXS 1.310b and i must say, i like it, haven't found a bug yet, haven't seen the error codes on a failed entry yet, its a little more customisable in the way you have more power over the messages when someone is admin or not admin along with different levels depending how you set the access, you can set private messages when giving or removing voice, but the best thing is **No Hosts File** you add the peer cache ip's in the same way that the RoboMX 2.07 does manually. you can add upto 10 ip's on the config and it connects, it is still recommended that you use upto 4 wpn connections, fewer the better to save sucking your bandwidth.

this is a massive step forward, many thanks Fede.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 06:18:06 pm »
* Bearded Blunder wonders if you can add hostnames like 2.07 robo .. 
ie
cache0.winmxgroup.com
cache0.winmxgroup.net
& have FX perform dns lookup to always return a working cache.. if so THEN it's a big advance, if you MUST still keep raw ip addresses up to date, then it's not THAT much of an improvement

i don't much feel like experimenting.. perhaps someone with it actually installed can check this out & report back?
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 10:03:13 pm »
well lets sum it up, in robo 2.07 theres a place you add the caches manually, but i also have the ws2_32 in the robo folder because it will seach for updated caches, ive only needed to add them in robo 2.07 once when i installed it and it connects every time. adding the caches in the fxs it connected straight away and only needs minimum of one upto the normal three or four, you can add ten caches to the config, or you can also logg into your winmx as it has a space to add you tcp port for winmx and use that to connect, (this might not be a good way if your on a router, but i know nothing about routers)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2006, 02:38:40 pm »
* Bearded Blunder thinks i'll have to download it to test what i was asking myself

question was really to do with the format it will accept caches in.. raw ip only or hostname.. if indeed it will accept hostnames then caches will need adding once only for a permanent fix.. if it onlt accepts ip addresses then editing will be required if caches change...

unless of course you add one of the frontcode cache ips & use ws2_32.dll to do lookups..

nvm when i have time i'll investigate.. though that could be a while

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2006, 09:50:18 pm »
I tried adding hostnames to it when i first setup my config.. it wouldnt take them and had to add
just the IP addresses.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2006, 11:53:33 pm »
you can use the winmx connection option click the "make primary connection to local winmx" and add the port (default 6699) in the box next to it, then your winmx must be primary and connected first, then fxs will connect, if you disconnect winmx  then fxs will disconnect itself as its unable to find connection. i have tested this and that is what i found out.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2006, 11:54:28 pm »
oops forgot to add when using the winmx local connection you dont need cache ip's

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:38 pm »
so basically he's half fixed it.. since it still can't be made to work directly, without either manually updating a list in the same way as a hosts file every time caches change ip, & most of them are on dynamic ip addresses, or entering an old cache ip & patching with the third party ws2_32.dll patch...

oh well he must like making fx users work & not care that problems drive them to other chatservers

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:02 pm »
well yes you're right, it will run on using winmx as its sorce as long as your winmx stays connectec, close winmx and the room goes offline, but in my tests i found people was saying there is lag in the room even when all our lag checks was showing verry little lag from them and me, took my winmx out of room and the lag improved alot.
so ot looks like you can run fxs through winmx but you need robo or a chat client rather than winmx in room because of the lag

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2006, 12:12:48 am »
It is a shame that the solution is not included because Fede has surrounded himself with host file supporters and their low tech schemes but I had my doubts regarding his abilities when I saw Sabres name in the credits on this server that I have heard is based on the old MCS code from KM, who strangely does not get a mention  :?

Perhaps Fede would like to explain to the folks why his server is useless to the majority of the networks users ?
It did used to operate fine before he deliberately modified the code and I can think of no valid reason for doing so.

I think the answer is to use a chatserver that works properly, until the bug in this is rectified its not something I will be urging anyone to use.

Offline MrDarn

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2007, 11:37:06 am »
i dont know if this has been asked before, as there is 7 pages of this topic now. but is their any known issues with routers with fxs? i have forwarded the port fxs is using thru my router, but is their anything else i need to do?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Chat Server

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx